Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! Empty
PostSubject: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 28th 2015, 11:07 pm

So as you all know or might not know, I became the new writer for MVE starting last week. I have done one so far and will do my second later tonight (so this thread doesn't apply to today's MVE) but here's the deal..

We've always had much of the same topics in MVE and thought we could spice it up a bit with a few new topics, I'm going to add 2 more at the maximum. I'm leaning towards 
Segment of the week
as one of them but nothing is really confirmed yet. I want to hear your thoughts/opinions on some of the new stuff we might be able to do.

Keep it something that can relate to a majority of EAW and something they would want to be acknowledged for weekly and also something that I should be able to tell weekly. With that said, go at it..

Last edited by Devan Dubian on July 29th 2015, 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 28th 2015, 11:08 pm

i luv it
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 28th 2015, 11:09 pm

"Quote of the Week"- Something said, be it in a promo or on a show that truly catches the eye and should be remembered. Maybe not an award per se but just something.

"Move of the Week"- A big-time sequence of moves/spots that catches the eye.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 28th 2015, 11:42 pm

How about any of the following:

impact move of the week

most entertaining promo (more of an individual promo award instead of a cumulative one)

fantasy match up of the week

most anticipated match of the week
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 12:24 am

I think "Segment of the Week" should just be the new addition.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 12:56 am

I agree with segment of the week.
Back to top Go down
Venom

Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 1:03 am

Segment of the Week is good.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 1:26 am

Yes guys, Segment of the Week is something Ken and I think Brian already brought up. As I said, it's most likely going to be one of the two anyways! I need more ideas though, something really unique just to get a little brainstorming going.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 1:31 am

Feat of the week? It could encompass an epic move being pulled off, a great beat down or injury giving assault or somehow overcoming the odds in a match or segment.
Back to top Go down
The Mexican Samurai
Dynasty
Dynasty
The Mexican Samurai

Hailing From : San Jose, California

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 1:55 am

I would second "Quote of the Week".

I think it could really help to highlight an exception paragraph in a roleplay or show that could be used as a learning tool for readers that are writing their own work.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 2:08 am

Segment of the week sounds great, because I'd win every week. 

Quote of the week is eh to me, not a horrible idea but I'm not sure I like that. Maybe Promo of the week, instead of just promoer of the week, pick one single promo that was the best, because to my knowledge promoer of the week also factors in quantity of promos, so maybe just choose one promo out of the pact that was the best.
Back to top Go down
A-Will

A-Will

Hailing From : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 3:13 am

I agree with "Quote of the Week"
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 6:47 am

I like "Quote of the Week"
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 7:56 am

Quote of the week doesn't sound all that appealing to me
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 11:03 am

Another thought: Upset of the week
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 12:27 pm

I'd just go with Segment of the Week.

Promo of the Week would make it tougher on the writer and unfair to everyone else if just one promo is Promo of the Week, that's why we have Promoer of the Week as it isn't just about quantity (mind you, Ken won it with just one promo the week he won it) but about their consistency and how well-written their promos were for that week. So I'd keep Promoer of the Week.

Quote of the Week isn't a bad idea but it'd be tough on the writer. If you're picking a quote from promos, then that's even tougher and could even be unfair to others. It isn't a bad idea like I said but I don't think it needs to be a part of MVE.

Upset of the Week... well, not too many upsets happen every week and if there's any upsets, there's just one or two of them. As a writer, you want tons of options and for it to be fair to everyone else. Also depends on what you mean by upset. I don't think it needs to be a part of MVE either.

IMO, just go with Segment of the Week. It's an idea that's been thrown around even when I was writing MVE and I think it'd go hand-in-hand with Match of the Week.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 6:55 pm

I think you should make it interactive by introducing a "Shoutouts of the Week" category. 

It would be for anytime someone in EAW notices someone else doing a really good job and doesn't feel they are getting the credit they deserve for it. You would just let Dub know something like "I noticed Carlos Rosso was doing an incredible job on the promo page this week and I wanted to give him a shoutout" and then Dub would post a list of all the shoutouts.

The shoutouts would include who it was for, who it was from(unless the person wanted to remain anonymous for whatever reason), and then the reason why they were giving the shoutout. Obviously you couldn't give one to yourself, and I'm sure if you tried to abuse this in any way (like giving Ken a Shoutout for his amazing work at delaying Showdown) Dub wouldn't allow that. 

MVE has always just been one person's opinion but this would allow the rest of the fed to help honor people who deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 10:50 pm

I like a lot of these ideas and especially would love to see how TLA's recommendation works out, I think everyone would be fond of it. You guys still have a bit of time so get your ideas in, MVE won't be changing that much after this week.. so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 29th 2015, 11:13 pm

Shoutouts is a great idea, like that one alot.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 30th 2015, 12:31 am

TLA's idea is the best for the 2nd addition, no question about it.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Senn
Dynasty
Dynasty
Jacob Senn

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 30th 2015, 12:32 am

TLA's idea is a great idea. Give some recognition to those guys that might not get to be a part of the MVE awards, plus Segment of the Week should definitely be a thing.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 30th 2015, 12:48 am

King Lannister wrote:
I think TLA's idea is more suitable for a e-fed zone addition more than anything. But with that said, do you want me to pick the 'best' shoutout of the week every single week on MVE? I don't mind that.. but what would exactly would be the criteria for picking that? Emotional value? Comedic value? I'd like to hear back on this one.
Back to top Go down
Bhris Elite
Voltage
Voltage
Bhris Elite

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 30th 2015, 12:55 am

Maybe main event of the week?  With 4 shows we have 4 main events in the week so maybe pick the best one out of the 4.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 30th 2015, 12:56 am

Devan Dubian wrote:
King Lannister wrote:
I think TLA's idea is more suitable for a e-fed zone addition more than anything. But with that said, do you want me to pick the 'best' shoutout of the week every single week on MVE? I don't mind that.. but what would exactly would be the criteria for picking that? Emotional value? Comedic value? I'd like to hear back on this one.

That is true, it could be a great as an efed-zone/its own entity. You can basically have MVE be posted one day, and Shoutout the next. Shoutout being the following day could work better in theory anyway, because somebody reading MVE could be like, "Hey, I saw Charles didn't get any recognition/any awards won even though I think he did an amazing job, I'll be sure to give him a Shoutout for tomorrow's posting."

So yeah, I do prefer it as an efed-zone/its own thing now that you mention it.

Which again, creates a void for the 2nd addition. I'd suggest "Writer of the Week" - but you'd have to do some re-search, and it might be a bit redundant. But at the same time, this serves an opportunity to give recognition to EAW's writing staff, which is better than it has ever been. I'm not talking about just the main writers either, the back-up writing has never seen such quality and quantity. Ventura wrote a Match of the Week two weeks ago, and 90% of the Fed is just hearing/realizing that now. Just an idea. One I could be swayed on either way, since it's not essential - but it also wouldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! EmptyJuly 30th 2015, 12:57 am

SK wrote:
Maybe main event of the week?  With 4 shows we have 4 main events in the week so maybe pick the best one out of the 4.

Good in theory, however - you have a VERY high chance of overlapping this award with "Match of the Week," 90% of the time, considering writers usually put their best effort into the mainevent matches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!   Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)! Empty

Back to top Go down

Important Info on Most Valuable Elitist (MVE)!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-