Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Empty
PostSubject: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 12:39 pm

What did they say to you? How did you respond? Do you think that was the best option?
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 1:55 pm

I was from a family that watched wrestling and quite a few of the kids at my school did as well. There were small things that happened every here and there but I tended to ignore it. 

In St Louis however, which has a weird split between those that really like wrestling, and those that hate it. I was surprised by the fact that a lot of kids in my school were constantly making fun of me for liking wrestling. They continued to do so for weeks on end, and it wasn't until I gave them some tickets to MMWA to see me fight did they stop. 

It tends to be the same argument all the time though. "It's fake." "It's not real." Things like that. So, sometimes you have to show them that even though it isn't real, it fucking hurts, and since it fucking hurts, it's real enough to enjoy. Most of those people are my friends now interestingly.
Back to top Go down
-

-

Hailing From : Lexington Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 2:06 pm

I got the famous opinion "it's fake" but I always laughed. I never really cared about peoples opinions because they really don't get why I like it. When I got into high school I heard it a lot more often but I always looked at them and said when they were working at McDonalds hating their jobs, I loved mine in the ring. I have always loved wrestling and it is a passion of mine, no one could ever take that from me.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 2:12 pm

The only kids who knew I liked wrestling were kids who talked to me about wrestling first. Besides, I'm a pretty big black guy and I don't start shit, I've never been "ridiculed" in my life.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 2:35 pm

No one ridiculed me to my face, but I'm sure it was behind my back, like everything else. By the 6th grade I had developed the reputation of the kid in school who doesn't give a fuck and will argue with anyone and cross any line, so most people didn't get into it with me. Not because I'm an intimidating figure, but I've made more kids cry with words than I ever could with violence.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 2:49 pm

Not really as a kid.  It was pretty hot in the late 80's/early 90's despite it being 'outed' and steroids being the topic of discussion.  In the late 90's, no one really talked about it other than church, which tried to condemn Austin to hell for "Austin 3:16".  I get it more now in adulthood,to which I usually calmly ask how Game of Thrones or their fantasy football team is doing in response.  I had a girl I dug in the mid-to-late 2000's try to come at me with the whole ridicule angle, but I shut her down for being a Harry Potter fan.  About a week later, for my birthday, she gave me the WWE Championship (yes, the shitty spinner one) and I considered that a victory, along with another reason to rag on her because she didn't realize it spun or how silly it was.  We dated not too long after that.  Other than that, I've had dudes come up to me and be like 'you know it's fake, right?' to which I respond 'duh-doy.  You think I'm some kind of idiot?"  My advice is just shut down people when they start smack talking your leisure activities.  Usually they respect you for it.  Sometimes they date you.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 2:51 pm

Also, my dad and I have an ongoing battle over what's more ridiculous, Westerns or Wrestling.  He'll rag on me if he sees an impossible move, to which I reply "Boy, John Wayne's 6 shooter sure does hold a lot of bullets, don't it?"
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 4:26 pm

Sometimes, often I get the same argument every one of us gets, "it's not real" to which I say, "Breaking Bad isn't real, The Walking Dead isn't real, and Hatsune Miku is most certainly not real. But you don't hear me saying that when you bring that stuff up do ya?"

I've always wondered why people feel the need to emphasize what's already accepted. I mean, if every time someone I knew was about to eat McDonald's, I said "you know that's bad for you right?" I think it would get old extremely fast. I don't need to be reminded that wrestling is fake.
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
Aria Jaxon

Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 5:09 pm

Not really ridiculed, but I definitely had a lot of people raise their eyebrows at me, once upon a time. Back in middle school, I got hit with "Girls watch wrestling?" a lot, which sucked. So I never really told anyone, aside from my close friends, that I followed wrestling. By the time I got to high school, I never cared what anyone thought, so I wore my love of wrestling on my sleeve. Everyone knew about it, and if they thought it was ridiculous, they didn't say it to my face. In high school, some people literally referred to me as "the cheerleader that liked wrestling"; it was basically part of my identity by that point. I'm pretty lucky to A.) be part of a family where a lot of people are wrestling fans, and B.) to have non-wrestling fan friends who are pretty understanding of my obsession.
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 5:20 pm

I only ever got the "You know wrestling is fake, right?" comment every other day from a few idiots. Other than that, I had plenty of friends who enjoyed watching wrestling.
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 5:37 pm

yeah. but i dont give a shit because i'm a god damn man.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 5:47 pm

Its hard trying to remember getting ridiculed for it when I look back... So I guess not.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 6:25 pm

J Dynasty wrote:
I'm a pretty big black guy and I don't start shit, I've never been "ridiculed" in my life.
:comeon:
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 6:50 pm

TLA wrote:
J Dynasty wrote:
I'm a pretty big black guy and I don't start shit, I've never been "ridiculed" in my life.
? I legit can't remember any point in time in my life I was a laughing stock or had people come down on me for what I like. Minus efeds. This isn't to brag or anything, I'm not saying I was a jock or some super popular leader getting pussy thrown at him, but I was never the type to be targeted and peer pressure wise I would be the type to at times bully others with my friends.

When you're big people are weird, when your black people are weird, combine that and they can even be weirder. People can start calling you sir and shit even as a teen. To be honest, at times it was uncomfortable how short people would act uncomfortable around me like I was some bad guy.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 7:00 pm

J Dynasty wrote:
TLA wrote:
J Dynasty wrote:
? I legit can't remember any point in time in my life I was a laughing stock or had people come down on me for what I like. Minus efeds. This isn't to brag or anything, I'm not saying I was a jock or some super popular leader getting pussy thrown at him, but I was never the type to be targeted and peer pressure wise I would be the type to at times bully others with my friends.

When you're big people are weird, when your black people are weird, combine that and they can even be weirder. People can start calling you sir and shit even as a teen. To be honest, at times it was uncomfortable how short people would act uncomfortable around me like I was some bad guy.
:comeon::comeon:
Back to top Go down
Venom

Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 8:39 pm

TLA wrote:
J Dynasty wrote:
TLA wrote:
J Dynasty wrote:

:comeon::comeon:
:comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 8:46 pm

Yeah. 

We would watch it in my dorm and occasionally some skinny punk would say something like "Heh, wrestling."....We proceeded to launch heckling at him until he walked off like a little bitch. Helped that we had these guys who were offensive lineman in high school and huge watching. No one fucked with us and we controlled the television  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 9:08 pm

I would get the same stereotypical comment of "you know wrestling is fake right?" but other than that other people liked wrestling so that was pretty rad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 24th 2015, 9:11 pm

Kendra Shamez wrote:
I would get the same stereotypical comment of "you know wrestling is fake right?" but other than that other people liked wrestling so that was pretty rad Very Happy
Everytime I got this, I would act shocked. Like totally shocked. "WHAT!? WRESTLING IS FAKE!? I HAD NO IDEA!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 25th 2015, 12:58 am

Carlos Rosso wrote:
Kendra Shamez wrote:
Everytime I got this, I would act shocked. Like totally shocked. "WHAT!? WRESTLING IS FAKE!? I HAD NO IDEA!!!!"
I would do that but I live around too many stupid people that they wouldn't get the sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 25th 2015, 1:15 am

I generally kept it to myself. The two/three people that know I have an interest in pro wrestling give me shit from time to time but nothing major; we all have our own interests and we respect that.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 25th 2015, 7:18 am

I never really made it known, but basically got the standard "you know it's fake?" stuff that's commonplace.

Now I don't follow wrestling anymore and just laugh at those that still do.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 25th 2015, 9:25 am

Never. Although I think in college once some dude was making fun of my Daniel Bryan shirt. I didn't really give a shit tho.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 26th 2015, 9:39 pm

Aren Mstislav wrote:
Carlos Rosso wrote:
Kendra Shamez wrote:
I would do that but I live around too many stupid people that they wouldn't get the sarcasm.
I'm starting to do this...

Back to top Go down
Ashlynne Black

Ashlynne Black

Hailing From : Ridgeway, Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? EmptyJuly 26th 2015, 9:42 pm

Yep. By my real father and my cousin. They keep telling me that Wrestling is fake. It's not fake at all. My step-dad was the one that got me into Wrestling. And to be honest, I never looked back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?   Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling? Empty

Back to top Go down

Were you ever ridiculed by other kids (or adults?!) for watching wrestling?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-