Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Promo Help SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Promo Help SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Promo Help Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Promo Help Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Promo Help Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Promo Help Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Promo Help Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Promo Help Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Promo Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Holiday

Vanessa Holiday

Hailing From : Montreal, Quebec

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 7:53 pm

Does anyone good ways to get inspiration for promos, and how to write one without being forced to? I have yet to really truly have a promo come out of my heart, not my ass. Thanks for the tips.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 7:57 pm

Listening to music helps at times. 

Inspiration comes in a lot of ways like just listening what's going on the news, reading poetry, books, tv shows etc.

I would also listen to your favorite wrestler's promos for help as well and most importantly promo about something that your character actually cares about or something that would be link back to your character's personality, dreams or ambitions.
Back to top Go down

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 8:14 pm

I'm pretty sure I told you before in pc about the importance of developing your character in order to stand out more and to be able to hook people into your promos when reading them but this is also another key factor; when you know what you wanna develop and you're not just writing stuff back on you importance, as in having a story to tell about your character etc it becomes much easier to promo as your not just promoing back on what your character has to say.

Music also helps.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 8:28 pm

Just make sure your promo has character, like if we know who you are and what you stand for, it gives you more of an identity rather than just being another person on the roster.

As Ryan said, reading stuff helps a bit. Whether it is other promos or other sources, getting inspiration is vital.

My favourite option, mentioned by both Demon and Ryan is listening to music. I'll chuck my Spotify playlist on shuffle and listen to a few songs and then get stuck into a promo while the songs are still playing, it often dictates my promoing a fair bit and actually helps me concentrate.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 9:23 pm

Pretend you have a genuine gripe against the person you're facing.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 9:34 pm

1. Believe your own bullshit. You'll be surprised how inspired you can be if you pick an aspect of an angle and focus on it.

2. Find your character's identity. The more well defined your character and his/her identity is, the easier it will be for you to get inspiration. 

3. Relax and have fun with it. It's okay not to be a badass or a superbitch every promo. I think a lot of people in EAW have forgotten it's okay to show a little vulnerability and humor in your promos too. It doesn't have to be about beating your opponoent. In fact some of your best material can come if you give stuff to enhance your opponent's character too!
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 9:52 pm

1. Like your character.  I know that sounds weird, but I've seen a lot of people (self included) come in with a character idea and realize a week in that they've kind of dead ended themselves creatively with something 2 dimensional that they really don't like.  If you find that's your problem, then make your character one that you like.  Pic bases and preconceived notions be damned, if the idea doesn't work, then change the idea until it evolves into something you can identify with.  Just don't let yourself get boxed in by your own set parameters, especially if it doesn't entertain you.

2. Figure out what you want to accomplish with your character.  Having a goal can drive you, and even if you fail at becoming what you want, that failure can also drive your character.

3. Watch a movie, read a book, listen to a song, find something that gives you some idea of what the basis of your character is or what can drive a promo and go with it.  I'm not saying rip off verbatim, but draw from it.

4. Like C-Los said, have fun. If a hobby isn't fun, then it's not worth doing.  Go off the wall and find you, put your character in weird situations and play with how they'd react to it and learn by having fun.
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 10:39 pm

1. Read about your opponent. Whether it be a match they had the week before, their profile page, or should they promo before you, that. If you can learn about your opponent then you will have a lot of ammo to use against them

2. If you have a good idea on what your gimmick or even attitude of what your character is supposed to have then go on with expanding it into something that you want people to believe you as. Because if you don't believe in your character it is going to be a hell of a lot harder to make a promo.

3. Like Carlos said, believe in your own bullshit, its helped me out wonders.

4. Music helps as well. For me I listen to a certain genre or certain feel of music to make a base of how I want my promos to sound or look. 

5. Just have fun, don not let your loses bring you down, while also not letting your wins get you big headed.
Back to top Go down

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 11th 2015, 11:30 pm

The only other bit of advice I would add, is to integrate part of yourself in with your character. Dialogue seems a lot less forced and is easier to write, if you write in at least somewhat of your own voice. Then a lot of it is just what you would say in that given situation.

Everybody's pretty much hit the nail on the head here.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help EmptyMay 12th 2015, 12:03 am

Vance Tybull wrote:
The only other bit of advice I would add, is to integrate part of yourself in with your character. Dialogue seems a lot less forced and is easier to write, if you write in at least somewhat of your own voice. Then a lot of it is just what you would say in that given situation.
Can confirm. This is a big one for me.

As Eddie Mack, I didn't really do this.

Clark Duncan is more or less me to a degree.

Some really helpful tips from everyone, for everyone, old or new in this thread.

:salute:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Promo Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promo Help   Promo Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Promo Help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-