Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread Empty
PostSubject: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 1st 2015, 9:50 pm

I know as a writer, I often ask for a lot, especially when it comes to FPV show reactions, or just in general some promoing standards. And usually the only time rosters are ever addressed as one, it's to a negative connotation - but this will be not one of those times.

I just wanted to say, with GR/PFP season coming up, and everyone starting to produce some of their best work, it's been absolutely a thrill to write for you guys. And it saddens me to a degree that the draft will jumble up the names I control - but that will help elevate you guys in some cases elsewhere. So for now, for these 3 months I still have control of you all... I wanted to give the roster some props. I'll address everyone individually - but even past that, as a collective group - I say it proudly that there is not one weak link on this roster. You are all active... do you know how crazy it is to have 22 people active at once on one brand? You give myself and Tyler a lot to handle on a weekly basis, in trying to keep everyone busy - but it's a GOOD problem to have.

I remember around November I had to create a thread about only about 3 guys out of about 15 promoing for a show one week... but now it's practically 90% of the roster on a weekly basis, and all things considered, that's about as perfect as it can get. The activity has been unreal and the true motivation to showcasing an appreciation thread - and I wanted everyone to know, that past the Ws and Ls, that everyone is worth my/Tyler's time writing wise. I know sometimes hard work gets undermined, or just not given the proper awareness - so I want to rectify that because legit I couldn't ask for more.

First off... Norman, Starr... you both have been catalysts for the brand for quite some time now. It starts at the top, and your guys' effort and promoing has been through the roof. I know SD roster doesn't have all that many "Established" names in comparison to the other brands, but I couldn't ask for a better mainevent scene. Norman has been the lights out promoer since I could remember, and Starr went rampage mode at Reckless Wiring. It's a shame only one can be world champion at one given time - but either way this brand begins and ends with you two.

Brian and Dub have been 2 of the top 5 promoers in EAW for the past 2 months now - and I'm glad you both are living up to your potential. Your promos are always a thrill to read, week in and week out. I'd say more but I dare not show any more favoritism. Great things, await.

AA and Ventura - you both have elevated yourselves to new heights that I did not think was possible. Your characters are definitely fun to write, but your work on the EAW Feed and Promo Page have really driven the arrogance and development of your characters home. Again, great things await. You both have solidified Showdown's mainevent scene into a strong figure six.

My AMAZING upper midcard division of Scott Oasis, Zach Genesis, Matt Miles, Clark Duncan, Stark, Venom, and Nick Angel. The first two, you two have been on the top of this food chain for awhile, and there's a reason for that. For both of your dedication and hard work is second to none in EAW. From Roommates and EliteCenter to always willing to write a match, while producing excellent promos - I applaud you.

Aaron, you have deserved much better than I have given you on Showdown thus far, but nonetheless you are a Spartan. You've always been one of the better young promoers EAW has - and your potential still doesn't have a ceiling to it.

Nick/Venom - you both somewhat recently came back, but your relentless work on the promo page and utter activity has helped not only elevate yourself, but Ventura as well. He needed something like that for the next step - and you two have helped him do that, while benefiting yourselves. A selfless act to be apart of the Holy Brigades, and serve as an actual tag team which is rare these days.

And of course... my personal favorite feud in EAW right now, Stark/Clark. Nigey, your character and promos have been unreal - and I DO think Stark is learning from you, because his promos continue to get better as well. I can't say too much in regards of praise to Clark/Nigey, because we all know he always had this skillset. But Stark, you've impressed me since day one, but you are continuing to improve. You've been a HUGE help behind the scenes, and I'm not sure anybody has realized that. Always willing to pick up a match or two - and doesn't complain when a loss comes your way for storyline reasons. You both rock - and I can say as your writer, GO GET O'HARA.

---

But how about the NEW BLOOD on Showdown? Carlos Cruz... my main man. You've been dedicated since day one and I admire it. You continue to get better, I'll admit you were quite raw when I got you on Showdown. But I thought your two promos against Steele were ultimately your best so far. You didn't get the W - but hey, it happens. You have a bright future - and can only hope to see your development to further yourself.

Troy Archello and Daniel Marshall... let me say this. The four promos total you two have put forth so far, absolutely fantastic. If it was up to me, you two would win BEEF OF THE WEEK so far, for I am genuinely enjoying the quality you guys put forth. Marshall, you've come a long way in the promoing regard. I remember your first one you posted, you name dropped Stone Cold Steve Austin and I had a somewhat doubt. But you've been a trooper, waiting your turn after basically doing a month tour on the pre-show. But after what you've put forth this week - you won't have to worry about being potentially overlooked ever again.

And what can I say about Troy - this is the prospect I thought Showdown was getting all along. Imagine if you were here the whole time, your name would be up there with the likes of Genesis. Great stuff as always, and looking forward to what is coming your way in the future.

Murray/Eclipse - GREAT individual gimmicks from the both of you. I enjoy writing them, and hope to get the opportunity to do so more. I've had to somewhat put you guys on the backburner leading up to RW, just due to the fact that a lot of stuff was going on - but have no fear now. I'm looking forward to this Unsanctioned match, and see if it can elevate just one of you, or hopefully both.

Steele - we know your worth. We know all you do. It's only been a week - but I can already tell this is going to be a fun ride, which hopefully I can keep you motivated throughout.

MOPPETS - No matter how short the promos are - they're always worth the read. I know you've been busy so you get a pass from me in regards to activity, but it is my wish for the entire EAW roster to see your true ability, because simply put, you're the biggest diamond in the rough in the E-World.

J.D. Damon - again, someone who I've had for just one week. But your debut promos were unreal. Haven't seen you on since - but you've got some great talent.

But how could I forget about my boy El Landerson... THE BEST OF THE BEST. The most fun character to write bar none. I don't care who you are. You are the man.

----

To those reading this and snickering somewhat, you can save it. The entire roster has honestly earned their praise. And I'm not kissing up or trying to motivate anyone further. Just a genuine appreciation thread, because otherwise it's usually negative. But I've never had this much fun writing - and considering the DEPTH of this roster, I have a little surprise for you guys after the Grand Rampage. I'm going to introduce a small tournament that will be a Showdown Roster Participation Exclusive. I'll go into details later - for now, you guys just focus on what you've been doing. Thanks again - Tyler and I have appreciated all the help and effort majorly. Props.

:punker: :punker: :punker:
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 1st 2015, 10:02 pm

I think the matter of fact that you took time out of your hands to write up this big essay (which I am hoping isn't an April fools :p) just shows the roster how willing you are and that's why the rest of this roster is awesome. It starts from you and Tyler and you guys have made it amazingly fun to be on Showdown and I appreciate your compliments, keep doing for the next 3 months what you have been doing. It's been amazing.
Back to top Go down
Zach Genesis

Zach Genesis

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 1st 2015, 10:06 pm

There should honestly be a Ken and Tyler appreciation thread. The amount of work you two do for our brand is just second to none. Amazing, amazing work and we should all applaud you two for that.

Thank you so much for the compliments and the kind words. I might have only been apart of EAW for about six months now, but I absolutely love every second of being a part of this fed as well as being a part of Showdown for that matter. Great job to every single person on this roster, and let's make our Road to PFP8 a damn good one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 1st 2015, 10:49 pm

Man... I don't even know what to say. This just goes to show how great of a writer you really are. To write something like this and make in-depth descriptions on why you appreciate just about every single person on the roster.. It's just amazing. You definitely have a good roster here and they continue to prove it each and every week. Things are about to get crazy with GR right around the corner! I'm looking forward to everything that's coming up.

And definitely giving out some made appreciation to Tyler and Ken. They do wonders for Showdown and make it that much more enjoyable. Thank you both for everything you do for Showdown. You make it to where Showdown is the brand people want to be on. Great work guys, keep it up. Same to all the back up writers that have been helping Showdown out!
Back to top Go down
Venom

Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 1st 2015, 11:17 pm

We should be making appreciation threads for you guys. My entire first stint in EAW, I was on Showdown (Aside from Turbo/NEO.), and I was really happy that I got to be on Showdown again when I returned as this brand really does feel like my home. Ken, if it wasn't for you, I still wouldn't have returned. I don't know if I ever properly thanked you for talking DDD into allowing me to return sooner instead of making me wait until MSM. I also appreciate the fact that you decided to bring me into the Holy Brigades to team with Nick as I felt we never truly accomplished what we could have as a team back in THOR.

And I know we've had our problems in the past, Tyler, but appreciate you just as much. I really have ever since you helped write for NEO some when it was hard to ever find any help on a weekly basis.

But Showdown is a great place to be right now and lets continue to keep it that way.

:toast: :yes:
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 2nd 2015, 12:01 am

ily too Kenneth! xoxo :toast: :salute:

Me and my boy Stark got this whole sabotaging Voltage thing this week sorted. :cena:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 2nd 2015, 1:03 am

I second this thread, I remember months ago we had to go through a big rebuilding process for Showdown because it was by far the weakest brand. Here we are now and it's a productive, awesome show with an awesome cast. I'm really proud of Showdown and all three brands for that matter. This fed has been so active to the point it's becoming a problem, but what a great problem to have if you ask me. Keep it up guys, please dont stop, please don't leave me to masturbate in my own feces in the middle of an empty e-fed where i write 5000 word shows each week of me wrestling the demons of my past in the middle of a ring in an empty arena and promo on an empty promo page, keep on trucking wont you? Don't get discouraged, we all love you, hare krishna, holy shit, luv you guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 2nd 2015, 1:23 am

no problem, i try
Back to top Go down
Boom.

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 2nd 2015, 2:20 am

Showdown is the way of the future!  Good job to everyone involved in the making of Showdown and all the promoers that invest their time into making Showdown the best show in EAW.  
Btw, this is only the beginning of something new and great in EAW.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 2nd 2015, 2:59 am

Honestly, there's not much I can say that hasn't been said already. You, Brian and Tyler have all done fantastic jobs when it comes to writing, whether that be promos, matches or backstage segments, you've always got the job done and 9.9/10 times Showdown is on time. I vividly remember when Showdown wasn't doing so great on the roster side of things and I must say that it's come so far since then. We've gone from the weakest brand to quite possibly the strongest EAW has today in a matter of a couple of months. If that's not impressive, I don't know what is. A big congratulations to everyone involved from me, you've all been great these last few weeks. While I may not have been as active as I may have liked, everyone else has kept up the hard work and it really shows from the amount of talent Showdown has, new and old.

Great job, everyone! :toast:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 2nd 2015, 8:06 am

Wow this was beautiful. I'm truly honored to be on a roster loaded with talent from head to toe. And I appreciate those kind words Ken. Thank you for always having time to read my PMs, and answer my questions. You guys are family to me, and I can't wait for what the future holds for THE BEST brand on EAW. LOL  
:fact:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 3rd 2015, 6:58 am

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread EmptyApril 3rd 2015, 3:29 pm

:punker:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread   Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Showdown Roster Appreciation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-