Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Empty
PostSubject: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 12:11 pm

Ok, I can't be alone here in hating WWE's constant elimination one part of a wrestlers name.

Antonio Cesaro...now just Cesaro

Alexander Rusev...now just Rusev

And now Adrian Neville...just Neville?!?!?

Seriously...what the hell!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 12:16 pm

Agreed. Cesaro I thought was good, but come on WWE. People have first and last names, not one or the other. *cough*Sheamus*cough*
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 12:23 pm

im 50/50 with it. "Rusev" is easier to brand than "Alexander Rusev" because of the gimmick, but shit like Cesaro and Neville are dumb because theyre more like real people and should be treated like real athletes rather than cartoon characters.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 12:57 pm

WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Neville_kid
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 1:15 pm

If you're foreign in the WWE, there's a 99% chance that they'll drop your first name, and about a 50 percent chance that they'll give you a cape for no reason.

I really don't have a problem with them doing it to Cesaro or Rusev, mostly because they sound good as just surnames.  Neville on the other hand...well, no.  

But yeah, I really don't get their beef with first names.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 3:37 pm

The only thing I don't understand is, with the popularity of NXT nowadays, a lot of people know these guys before they debut on the main roster, so why would you package someone as "Adrian Neville" and get him over, then change the name to just Neville and expect everyone to forget he had a first name? I don't really have a problem with it, he's better as Neville than as PAC, I guess. I just wonder how long until Kevin Owens becomes "Owens," Sami Zayn becomes "Zayn" and Finn Balor becomes "Balor."
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 6:01 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
im 50/50 with it. "Rusev" is easier to brand than "Alexander Rusev" because of the gimmick, but shit like Cesaro and Neville are dumb because theyre more like real people and should be treated like real athletes rather than cartoon characters.
Back to top Go down
Venom

Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 6:14 pm

I believe they should have kept their first names except maybe in Cesaro's case where I think his name works either way. It's no big deal though.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyApril 1st 2015, 9:52 am

Like others have said, it makes sense with Rusev, and kind of a little sense with Cesaro.  But Adrian Neville is English, so there is no excuses to have rebranded him as just Neville, which sounds just stupid.  And no it isn't a big deal, but WWE has been doing this a lot lately, and I fear that there may be more to come.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyApril 1st 2015, 9:55 am

At least they didn't give Neville that stupid gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Draven

Draven

Hailing From : Parts,Unknown
Status : All of those who spread evil and do not accept the word of God shall parish

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! EmptyApril 1st 2015, 10:00 am

I agree with all him just being Neville does not make sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!   WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Changing Names...WTF?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-