Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? Empty
PostSubject: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 12:01 am

Honestly, I didn't think I'd even be noticed and would probably get stuck as a jobber, not getting anywhere. I was also really intimidated by all of the owners and mods because they were all highly respected in EAW and I was just some noob who had joined, thinking he could get Cody Rhodes as a pic base.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 12:04 am

"Wow, this is cool. I really hope they'll let me be The Ultimate Warrior."
Back to top Go down
Venom

Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 12:07 am

I heard about how big EAW was before I joined. For a few weeks I didn't join because I figured ti would be just too difficult.
Back to top Go down
Draven

Draven

Hailing From : Parts,Unknown
Status : All of those who spread evil and do not accept the word of God shall parish

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 12:08 am

I was overwhelmed at first since this is my first time in an efed.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 12:18 am

"This is nice, I hope I get some success"
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 12:50 am

"Wow, this place looks cool, the graphics looks extraordinary, I think I'll join..... ah, shit. Paige is used" Razz
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 1:11 am

"This is awesome I'm going to win everything"

Then was disappointed when I only received moderate success and lost my first few "big matches" (CITV, first NE title match, 2 world title matches)
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 1:19 am

Honestly, and some people might agree and some might disagree, when I was linked to EAW in the original CWF, the first thing I thought was "Yeah, the GFX looks nice, but none of these guys can promo like we do in CWF." The only names I recognized on the roster were HBB and Jay, then I started reading promos and I was like, "Okay, they promo just as good as we do, but the writing can't be nearly as good." Then I read an episode of Showdown and I was like, "Yeah, well, fuck EAW anyways because I'm in CWF." 

That was my FIRST impression. I always think to myself where I would be in EAW, if anywhere at all, had I joined when I first saw it and stuck to it.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 6:42 am

First stumbled across it in 2009 and was in awe of basically everything, still wonder where I'd be now if I had joined then and there.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 6:44 am

That it was shit.

Newer people might think I'm being a contrarian again, but this was in like 2011, when old management was in charge, and I did not care for it.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 7:47 am

Hostile.
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 8:54 am

"Look at these pricks. Imma join. Shit Jimmy Jacobs is taken."
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 9:18 am

Aren Mstislav wrote:
"Look at these pricks. Imma join. Shit Jimmy Jacobs is taken."

And look at you now. With one of the top-5 most requested pic bases.

And I'll answer this off the base of AWF with EAW as a brand (Because even though I originally joined the EAW fed in 2007, I never went back to the site after signing up. ) and my first impression was "Damn, this is like the Yahoo Answers user Qs... BUT BETTER!" And it became an addiction at age 12.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 9:25 am

I found this place off of a "Fed of the Week" article on Roughkut. I looked around and noticed it was more active than any other fed I'd come across. That's what drew me in mostly, I know this place isn't just gonna close up in a couple of months. It's also the most "complete" e-fed I've been apart of in that everything is consistent from the shows never being more than a couple days late to the fact that GFX and video stuff is always kept fresh.

Random story, but still somewhat relevant. I was looking through my phone at some old pics I had saved, and one was an old favorite of mine, the "Return the Slab" meme of Dean from Hell in a Cell. I looked in the corner and saw the EAW logo. Talk about a weird full circle moment. Razz
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 10:09 am

"If BVK can't succeed there's no way I'll be able to"
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 11:51 am

Considering I hopped on board when Ronn re opened after the post AWF demise and ACW was number 1 with a bullet, I remember liking the chat atmosphere and saw it as pretty relateable and fun to me. I was already in ACW and was even gonna write for it, so chances are despite seeing ACW as the "enemy" at the time I was still gonna fed. However I saw Masters and Fan were doing a good job recruiting people and Ronn seemed serious about this EAW incarnation So I joined and figured id just help with whatever Ronn needs help in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 12:02 pm

It's cool but I am used to separate boards for general roleplays and match roleplays. The way it is sometime confuses me and  I almost forget I have to post reply instead of new post. Navigating is different too but I am  sure after a  bit I will get used  to it. Do wish the board was set up where General Rps was for non promos, cause this would  make it simple  in my opinion but I understand if that not possible.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 1:44 pm

The og EAW: I didn't really have much of an opinion, I just thought this CM Ronn dude who recruited e was a huge dude in control of all efeds -even though he wasn't since AWF was bigger-and I'd just come in to talk about wrestling whenever I felt like.

when EAW came back: I went to AWF, saw it got split into ACW for whatever reason, I couldn't properly read the chat since its colors were really dark for whatever reason, Ronn pced me to new EAW and I felt like it was my home and I took my activity with new vigor because it was where I delt I was meant to be.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 22nd 2015, 2:27 pm

2009 -
-- This place is huge.
-- My friends always talk shit about it though for whatever reason.
-- I wish I could do graphics like them.
-- I guess I'll register anyway.
-- Promoed once, rarely got on chat, disappeared for a year.

2010 -
-- All the other feds keep dieing, might as well go back to EAW. 
-- The activity is great, cool people, actually chatted.
-- Became really popular really quick.
-- Became my favorite e-fed.

Now -
-- I pretty much own a part of this fed.
-- I've done graphics here for years.
-- Still my favorite fed, and the best fed period.
-- People should never be intimidated by our size, in fact, I think it makes a lot more fun.
Back to top Go down
Tarah Nova
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tarah Nova

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 25th 2015, 12:52 am

Then: "This efed looks great, I just hope its better then the last one I was in.."

Now: "This is the only efed for Tarah Nova"

Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 25th 2015, 12:23 pm

Back then: It was iight .

Now: This is pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 25th 2015, 2:03 pm

Back Then:  I'll never make it here!

Now:  I still can't believe it!
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? EmptyMarch 25th 2015, 2:12 pm

My initial thought was that the message board setup kind of made me nostalgic...then I surmised that I'd probably never go on the main site again.

Then I realized that results were posted on the main page and reluctantly gave into hitting the main site now and again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?   When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it? Empty

Back to top Go down

When you first joined EAW, what was your opinion of it?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1