Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Romantic Angles in Efeds?
Yes, It can be pretty cool
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  DyeuwyN29%Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  DyeuwyN
 29% [ 8 ]
No, It's Stupid
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  DyeuwyN0%Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  DyeuwyN
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  DyeuwyN7%Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  DyeuwyN
 7% [ 2 ]
Sure, If Done Well
Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  DyeuwyN64%Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  DyeuwyN
 64% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  Empty
PostSubject: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 12:12 pm

Why do you feel the way you answer? 

Good experience (participating or watching a particular angle develop?)

Bad Experience?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 12:19 pm

I never get tired of them, either participating or watching them.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 12:24 pm

I don't see why not if people want to do it, though I don't insert my characters into such areas. People should be careful though, never know what kind of romances could later be character assassinations later on.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 12:26 pm

Komodo Dragon wrote:
I don't see why not if people want to do it, though I don't insert my characters into such areas. People should be careful though, never know what kind of romances could later be character assassinations later on.

I tend to agree with this. 

One mistake you don't want to make is have one or BOTH people coming out of it for the worse. You want to make sure that the angle enhances all involved.
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 12:44 pm

Yes. I'm working on a romance angle with Stark currently.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 1:55 pm

I prefer to stay away from romance programs for a multitude of reasons, but the biggest reason being because it's hard to capture the intensity that one would feel in a romance angle. The level of feelings people have over a significant other is hard to write and really get across, it takes a special, talented writer to do that. It's also difficult to capture the feelings of anger and betrayal that often come with a romance angle. On television, I am all for romance programs because you can see the intensity in the faces of the workers involved, you can almost feel the pain and anger they are experiencing, or the love and happiness shared between two people, whichever way it goes. In an efed, it's difficult to write and capture that appropriately.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 1:57 pm

I prefer to stay away from romance programs for a multitude of reasons, but the biggest reason being because it's hard to capture the intensity that one would feel in a romance angle. The level of feelings people have over a significant other is hard to write and really get across, it takes a special, talented writer to do that. It's also difficult to capture the feelings of anger and betrayal that often come with a romance angle. On television, I am all for romance programs because you can see the intensity in the faces of the workers involved, you can almost feel the pain and anger they are experiencing, or the love and happiness shared between two people, whichever way it goes. In an efed, it's difficult to write and capture that appropriately.
Back to top Go down
Venom

Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 2:10 pm

I wouldn't really want to use my character in it, but if done well, I wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 2:11 pm

I've never even seen much of a romance angle in efeds. I've seen boy friend and girlfriend type scenarios or scenarios that involve bfs/gfs but never a romance story. I guess the closest would be RRSKO/ETR stuff, but ego got in the way of that working out. EE and Stephie Love was a cool thing too, with AA having Stephie turn on him. I guess loose romance angles are cool, but there's too much stupidity that can go wrong to the point it's probably not worth going for.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 7:40 pm

I think it adds a new wrinkle to your character if done correctly. I certainly don't mind it; e-feds could always use more diversity with mixed tag teams.
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 8:27 pm

I'm almost done preparing my romance angle with Stark. Its going to be very sweaty and smutty.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 8:29 pm

Yeah, I feel kinda agree too..... it actually depends on the wrestler's personality, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 8:30 pm

If it is done well, then yes the romance angle could work. Ken and I sort of had that thing going, we did the joint promos, storylines happened, sort of lmao... But yeah, that worked and the writers wrote it out well to where it was fun and do able. I just think its fun to do, and add to your character especially if you both have fun gimmicks and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 9:01 pm

It could work I guess. I've never seen one actually play out so I wouldn't be able to give an opinion on it
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 9:34 pm

That would be rad
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 10:26 pm

Y2Impact wrote:
I think it adds a new wrinkle to your character if done correctly. I certainly don't mind it; e-feds could always use more diversity with mixed tag teams.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 6th 2015, 11:44 pm

:smith:
Back to top Go down
Angela Salveti

Angela Salveti

Hailing From : Detroit, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 7th 2015, 11:23 am

Id done right it is amazing it can add an angle to your character. It is only character suicide if things go bad and you don't know how to overcome the obstacle of the situation. Sometimes it can work out to an amazing in depth feeling but for the most part it really does depend on whom you are doing said story line with and the level of commitment.
Back to top Go down
Zach Genesis

Zach Genesis

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 12:45 am

I agree with what most people say here. I've never been apart of a romance angle in an eFed, although Zach Genesis is open to the idea of one, however it needs to serve a purpose in the long run. Whether if it's one person turning against one another, or whether you want to do a power couple angle in the long run of dominating everything, romance angles can work and I'm all for them - it just has to go somewhere and actually mean something.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 1:23 am

Subtle works. If you try to make it somewhat a focus point then it can easily go to shit and do more harm than good. With enough time and development it can be a big edge to both characters and offers plenty for storylines. 

Always open to the idea.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 1:35 am

I like them from the time to time.

You could end up like Liam and Charlene though, and totally kill your character. Proceed with caution.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 1:53 am

If this happen, perhaps you could make some kind of roleplay board just to build up or something. Smile
Back to top Go down
A-Will

A-Will

Hailing From : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 10:45 pm

I've always wanted to be in one, especially if it ends with me getting a new manager.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 10th 2015, 12:16 am

Unrelated, but that's kind of the thing I like about my character/myself. I can say any amount of ridiculous shit just for funsies and still remain redeemable and serious. When I was an active e-fedder, that's what kept things interesting for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  EmptyMarch 10th 2015, 8:39 am

I kinda have mixed feelings about this. Only more experienced e-Fedders can really pull something like this off. Having to technically write for two characters at once is a little much especially when you have to incorporate the romance into the writing itself. If done correctly, yes, it could be very entertaining. I've seen some cool things in EAW, but not too many. They create cool storylines and hook you in more than just a regular storyline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?    Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Romance angles in efeds, yea or nay?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-