Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return Empty
PostSubject: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 2:41 am

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/12/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-122914-standing-on-the-edge-of-tomorrow/5/

I recommend checking it out; I definitely connected with it and he was able to summarize what makes Bryan great easily for me.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 4:10 am

While I didn't really read the article since I only mildly like Bryan and prefer him as his heel character, I must say congrats to the D Bryan fans on what seems to move them quite a lot, many of his fans seem emotionally invested and its good their never giving up works out for him. I assume the article talks about his size and how its easy to relate with Bryan based on his size and his appearance, they always seem to do so in comment sections and other articles, I'm around 6 feet and 3-4 inches so perhaps that's why I've never felt connected with the guy.
'
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 7:53 am

Komodo Dragon wrote:
While I didn't really read the article since I only mildly like Bryan and prefer him as his heel character, I must say congrats to the D Bryan fans on what seems to move them quite a lot, many of his fans seem emotionally invested and its good their never giving up works out for him. I assume the article talks about his size and how its easy to relate with Bryan based on his size and his appearance, they always seem to do so in comment sections and other articles, I'm around 6 feet and 3-4 inches so perhaps that's why I've never felt connected with the guy.
'

You need to be the same height as someone to connect to them? :banks:

That's absurd.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 12:05 pm

Lannister wrote:
Komodo Dragon wrote:
'

That's absurd.

Not really, but I get what Jay is saying because from my perspective Daniel Bryan is basically the classic underdog that's constantly underestimated by his physique despite how great he is inside the ring. People tend to relate to others that they can actually see apart of them in another individual. For Jay being a tall freakazoid (no offense Jay) I can see how it's kinda hard or lack of a better word to relate to someone like Daniel Bryan. Because when someone looks at Jay they probably think he plays basketball, he's probably the first or second pick when there is like a team competition or just a favorite in general because generally speaking when you see a small guy and a tall, huge guy standing side by side we automatically going to think the Big guy is going to win. So I would imagine Daniel Bryan's fanbase being a bunch of people who were doubted or was shunned because at one point in their life they were told that they were too short, or not as good looking to take part in something or be a success in general. Or they could see someone as hard working as Daniel Bryan that gets bullshitted left and right whenever something good comes his way because he is generally a good person. Which people can connect to that, especially people who works their asses off in school or in the workforce and don't get treated the way they should be because the day and age we live in, we still judge people based on their appearances. But in any case the point I'm trying to make that the characteristics that Daniel Bryan has is what connects to people more on in-depth personal level than just his underdog gimmick. People generally would like to see a guy like that succeed and would instill belief in themselves that they too can accomplish whatever, despite who gets in their way or who believes that they simply can't do it.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 1:28 pm

Ryan Savage wrote:
Lannister wrote:
Komodo Dragon wrote:
'

That's absurd.

Not really, but I get what Jay is saying because from my perspective Daniel Bryan is basically the classic underdog that's constantly underestimated by his physique despite how great he is inside the ring. People tend to relate to others that they can actually see apart of them in another individual. For Jay being a tall freakazoid (no offense Jay) I can see how it's kinda hard or lack of a better word to relate to someone like Daniel Bryan. Because when someone looks at Jay they probably think he plays basketball, he's probably the first or second pick when there is like a team competition or just a favorite in general because generally speaking when you see a small guy and a tall, huge guy standing side by side we automatically going to think the Big guy is going to win. So I would imagine Daniel Bryan's fanbase being a bunch of people who were doubted or was shunned because at one point in their life they were told that they were too short, or not as good looking to take part in something or be a success in general. Or they could see someone as hard working as Daniel Bryan that gets bullshitted left and right whenever something good comes his way because he is generally a good person. Which people can connect to that, especially people who works their asses off in school or in the workforce and don't get treated the way they should be because the day and age we live in, we still judge people based on their appearances. But in any case the point I'm trying to make that the characteristics that Daniel Bryan has is what connects to people more on in-depth personal level than just his underdog gimmick. People generally would like to see a guy like that succeed and would instill belief in themselves that they too can accomplish whatever, despite who gets in their way or who believes that they simply can't do it.

That's quite the assumption, Savage. A lot of people drink, do drugs... or at the very least like the idea of both those things, yet people still "connected" with CM Punk. Want to know why? Because he was one of the best the business had to offer who was a polarizing figure that you just HAD to tune in everytime he picked up a microphone. So really, nobody gives a flying fuck if Bryan is 5'7" or 6'2". It's as simple as this: When you're THAT good, people will cheer for you no matter what. I HIGHLY, and I mean HIGHLY, doubt Bryan has his fanbase due to his size. That'd be quite the idiotic thing to say, or even suggest, really. Bryan has his fanbase because he's an amazing wrestler who is about as entertaining as anyone in the business today. It's that simple. It's not his "underdog gimmick" that gets him over, not his size... it's him.  Neither of those things are why Bryan connects to a crowd... or else Rey Mysterio would still be relevant today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 1:42 pm

Ryan Savage wrote:
Lannister wrote:
Komodo Dragon wrote:
'

That's absurd.

I almost read this whole thing until I saw how odd the shit was.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 1:46 pm

Lannister wrote:
Ryan Savage wrote:
Lannister wrote:
Komodo Dragon wrote:
'

That's absurd.

That's quite the assumption, Savage. A lot of people drink, do drugs... or at the very least like the idea of both those things, yet people still "connected" with CM Punk. Want to know why? Because he was one of the best the business had to offer who was a polarizing figure that you just HAD to tune in everytime he picked up a microphone. So really, nobody gives a flying fuck if Bryan is 5'7" or 6'2". It's as simple as this: When you're THAT good, people will cheer for you no matter what. I HIGHLY, and I mean HIGHLY, doubt Bryan has his fanbase due to his size. That'd be quite the idiotic thing to say, or even suggest, really. Bryan has his fanbase because he's an amazing wrestler who is about as entertaining as anyone in the business today. It's that simple. It's not his "underdog gimmick" that gets him over, not his size... it's him.  Neither of those things are why Bryan connects to a crowd... or else Rey Mysterio would still be relevant today.

You're missing the core point of what I'm trying to say. I'm pretty much saying despite all of that, a lot of people are able to relate or connect to Bryan on many levels (aside from wrestling because we all know he could wrestle.) I'm pretty much aiming at the fact what the common fan who isn't really familiar with wrestling but as his character (not wrestling character) but him as a human being in general people could relate or connect with him. Also there is a misunderstanding because I wasn't referring that he got his fanbase due to his size or "underdog gimmick"
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 3:11 pm

Lannister wrote:
Komodo Dragon wrote:
'

That's absurd.

It's a large part of it. When a lot of Daniel Bryan fans speak you can tell many of them find issue with the fact that they have to deal with wrestlers who aren't small and almost never have a wrestler their type near the top, they go into great detail about how Daniel Bryan is the every day man while other wrestlers are just these big dudes and I've just never had that issue because the wrestlers aren't that much bigger than me. Even ignoring the every day guy height stuff, on a personal level I have nothing to feel with Bryan, he's a hermit vegan basically who is well known to not involve himself too much in popular pop culture or even computers, and I obviously use computers and absorb myself in tv shows, I'm sure as hell no vegan.

If it wasn't for the average height while male stuff, I find that most people would or should relate to people like Xavier Woods(but he's black), CM Punk(but he isn't average height) and AJ Lee(but she's a woman),who all involve themselves in things normal people do when it comes to watching things and playing video games but they don't, or at the very least aren't as vocal about it as D Bryan fans about how he is the every day dude and just like them.

Still, congrats to D Bryan loyalists, their boy is likely winning the rumble.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyDecember 31st 2014, 3:36 pm

Cherish wrote:
Ryan Savage wrote:
Lannister wrote:
Komodo Dragon wrote:
'

That's absurd.

I almost read this whole thing until I saw how odd the shit was.

Why are you holding my title in your sig stop it give it back
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return EmptyJanuary 1st 2015, 9:07 pm

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Lannister wrote:
Komodo Dragon wrote:
'

That's absurd.

It's a large part of it. When a lot of Daniel Bryan fans speak you can tell many of them find issue with the fact that they have to deal with wrestlers who aren't small and almost never have a wrestler their type near the top, they go into great detail about how Daniel Bryan is the every day man while other wrestlers are just these big dudes and I've just never had that issue because the wrestlers aren't that much bigger than me. Even ignoring the every day guy height stuff, on a personal level I have nothing to feel with Bryan, he's a hermit vegan basically who is well known to not involve himself too much in popular pop culture or even computers, and I obviously use computers and absorb myself in tv shows, I'm sure as hell no vegan.

If it wasn't for the average height while male stuff, I find that most people would or should relate to people like Xavier Woods(but he's black), CM Punk(but he isn't average height) and AJ Lee(but she's a woman),who all involve themselves in things normal people do when it comes to watching things and playing video games but they don't, or at the very least aren't as vocal about it as D Bryan fans about how he is the every day dude and just like them.

Still, congrats to D Bryan loyalists, their boy is likely winning the rumble.

He's not a vegan, he watches TV shows despite not actually owning a television, and I don't exactly get how he can be considered a hermit when he's so involved with other stuff outside of WWE like even sports, to which he's gotten mainstream attention for such as with the Seattle Seahawks and even most recently with the Giants. Granted, you wouldn't relate to the sports thing either with him, but should any of this really matter? What attracts people to Bryan is his passion, his perpetual uphill battle, his humbleness, and the undeniable fact that he's one of the best to ever step into a ring. Perhaps this is just me, but I watch wrestling and connect with the wrestlers by who they are as a wrestler and how I manage to perceive them as a person. Their personal interests shouldn't be a concern to how you connect with them, at least in my opinion, but to each his own, I suppose. I know you meant no offense, but I highly disagree with the first paragraph and especially the second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return   A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return Empty

Back to top Go down

A good, genuine article regarding Daniel Bryan's return

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-