Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

WWE Royal Rumble Discussion SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

WWE Royal Rumble Discussion SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

WWE Royal Rumble Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Empty
PostSubject: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 10:33 am

WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Logo_royal_rumble_2011_tv_by_decadeofsmackdownv3-d383esq

Now that 2014 has been wrapped up with TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs, still, there were some mindbogglingly questions that left us rotate our heads around. Have no fear, 2015 is bound to be here (well, if WWE ruins 2015, we are all done). The next Pay-Per-View will be the Royal Rumble, mhm yes. The Road to WrestleMania is nearly amongst us, as thirty men will be given an early chance to show their credentials and prove that they belong on the biggest stage of sports entertainment! Then we have Lesnar vs. Cena :dead: sadly.

With that being said, what do you guys have in mind for the Royal Rumble? Do you have a possible card outlined perhaps? Any particular returns you hope to see? Any particular candidates to win the Royal Rumble? Feel free to e-jot them down here. I would serve my input in a bit, after this caffeine rush in my head rots down.

Last edited by Caster of Dreams. on December 18th 2014, 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 10:35 am

I just want to see NXT superstars in the Rumble AND I want either Reigns or Ambrose to win.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 10:36 am

Lucian Black wrote:
I just want to see NXT superstars in the Rumble AND I want either Reigns or Ambrose to win.
Any NXT superstars in particular?
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 10:43 am

Zayn, Itami, Owens, Balor.. Any of those would be rad.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 10:45 am

Lucian Black wrote:
To be quite frank, I think it is too early for Owens to show up. I mean the buzz and hype around him has been overwhelming, but he hasn't perfectly synced with the WWE Universe. I think we should give him some time.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 10:55 am

Caster of Dreams. wrote:
Lucian Black wrote:
To be quite frank, I think it is too early for Owens to show up. I mean the buzz and hype around him has been overwhelming, but he hasn't perfectly synced with the WWE Universe. I think we should give him some time.
Yeah, you're right.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 11:01 am

Balor is a stretch but still possible, his deal is a short stint in NXT. How short it actually is remains to be seen; no exact number of months set. Doesn't seem to be in a new major feud coming out of the NXT tapings so perhaps his character is being driven in backstage stuff or he's far from roster at least for now. I crave seeing Ziggler vs Balor at Wrestlemania. Gets my parts all giddy :3 Other than Balor, I most certainly see Neville making his debut.

I'd be very surprised if anyone but Reigns won it.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 12:05 pm

Jamie O'Hara wrote:
Balor is a stretch but still possible, his deal is a short stint in NXT. How short it actually is remains to be seen; no exact number of months set. Doesn't seem to be in a new major feud coming out of the NXT tapings so perhaps his character is being driven in backstage stuff or he's far from roster at least for now. I crave seeing Ziggler vs Balor at Wrestlemania. Gets my parts all giddy :3 Other than Balor, I most certainly see Neville making his debut.

I'd be very surprised if anyone but Reigns won it.
It's not that I don't find the cravings for Reigns to win the Royal Rumble, but it is just that, I don't really know. I started liking the guy when he started doing his backstage segments with The Shield, with the badass traits being on him. As time passed away, with The Shield disbanding, he took his singles route pretty well. Since he got injured, there have been emerging likes such as Seth Rollins, Ambrose, Ziggler, and even Ryback, that have been buzzing over here and there. Now that he is back, there is total confusion. As much as I love Reigns, I personally don't think he fits the bill just yet.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 12:17 pm

I would be surprised if Reigns doesn't win the Rumble.

How I would book it.

Reigns wins the Rumble. Fans get mad about this similar to Batista.

Rollins cashes in after Cena vs. Lesnar to become the new champ.

Ambrose continues his feud with Rollins and keeps attacking him. Eventually whoever the authority figure is will give in and add Ambrose to WrestleMania.

Reigns vs. Rollins vs. Ambrose - Shield Triple Threat for the WWE Title

How I expect WWE will book it.

Lesnar will destroy Cena again. Likely due to interference to set up whoever Cena will be burying at WM31.

Reigns will win the Rumble then go on to WrestleMania to destroy Brock in a really bad match.

Rollins will cash in after WM31 to set up another feud with Reigns which Reigns will win.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 12:19 pm

TLA wrote:
I would be surprised if Reigns doesn't win the Rumble.

How I would book it.

Reigns wins the Rumble. Fans get mad about this similar to Batista.

Rollins cashes in after Cena vs. Lesnar to become the new champ.

Ambrose continues his feud with Rollins and keeps attacking him. Eventually whoever the authority figure is will give in and add Ambrose to WrestleMania.

Reigns vs. Rollins vs. Ambrose - Shield Triple Threat for the WWE Title

How I expect WWE will book it.

Lesnar will destroy Cena again. Likely due to interference to set up whoever Cena will be burying at WM31.

Reigns will win the Rumble then go on to WrestleMania to destroy Brock in a really bad match.

Rollins will cash in after WM31 to set up another feud with Reigns which Reigns will win.
The Triple Threat for the title makes the most liable sense there :hmm:
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 12:51 pm

Funny thing is: the people bitching about Reigns were the same ones who wanted him to win the Rumble  earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 12:55 pm

Lucian Black wrote:
Funny thing is: the people bitching about Reigns were the same ones who wanted him to win the Rumble  earlier this year.
I always personally wanted Wade Barrett to win the Royal Rumble, just because with the way he has gone over with the crowd, it would be a good fit.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 5:56 pm

So Bryan is winning the Rumble after all. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 6:53 pm

Lesnar has to be champ going into Wrestle Mania, right?
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 6:59 pm

StarrStan wrote:
Lesnar has to be champ going into Wrestle Mania, right?
I mean I find it kinda annoying to picture Lesnar as the Champ all the way to WM. Maybe at the RR, Cena wins the match and Rollins cashes in the briefcase to win the title, then maybe Rollins/Bryan could be the deal. Not that sure, though.
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 9:22 pm

If Roman Reigns wins this match, I am going to be severely disappointed. It doesn't do Reigns or the WWE any favours by having him win; the crowd will simply eat him alive in Philadelphia.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 9:35 pm

My ideal top 5 lineup for Wrestlemania 31:

Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar - WWE WHC (Bryan MUST WIN the rumble, Lesnar must retain till Mania. It's really that simple. The story honestly writes itself. It's the biggest money grab you could possibly get, not to mention we might be in for a 4-5 star match depending on how all in they are.)

Sting vs. Seth Rollins - Authority on the line (I dont care for Sting vs HHH or Taker as much as I do this. Rollins has been building this match up verbally since Survivor Series, and he can go as far as carrying this match. HHH can sit this one out, let the young guy shine, win or lose.)

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt (mostly because it seems like this is where Bray is headed, and Taker doesn't have much time left to make this thing happen.)

John Cena vs. Rusev - US Title (Was gonna happen eventually, might as well have Cena end Rusev's streak and win the US title. It'd be a very cool moment, and would bring hella prestige to that title.)

Dolph Ziggler vs. Finn Balor - Intercontinental title (Fuck Wade Barrett. Give these two muthafuckas 25 minutes and this match could be a five star fuckin match. You can easily build it by having their feud be based off of the royal rumble. Maybe Balor attacks Ziggler after Ziggler eliminates him from the rumble. Throw the Intercontinental title on the line and you get a prestigious fucking bout)

Last edited by Mr. DEDEDE on January 6th 2015, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 9:50 pm

If Lesnar isn't in the main event that's a HUGE waste. You also have zero chance of resigning him if you take him off the top of the card. Lesnar is money.

I like all of DDD's matchups. Although I was thinking Ziggler could potentially take the US belt off Rusev somehow inbetween Rumble and Mania. Ziggler's good enough to end Rusev's streak and would make Cena/Rusev not feel like a random midcard match for a midcard title.

I do like the idea of Rusev bringing back the Euro title. That would make me more invested in seeing Cena beat Rusev for it to bring back the US title at Mania.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 11:36 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:

Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar - WWE WHC (Bryan MUST WIN the rumble, Lesnar must retain till Mania. It's really that simple. The story honestly writes itself. It's the biggest money grab you could possibly get, not to mention we might be in for a 4-5 star match depending on how all in they are.)

Sting vs. Seth Rollins - Authority on the line (I dont care for Sting vs HHH or Taker as much as I do this. Rollins has been building this match up verbally since Survivor Series, and he can go as far as carrying this match. HHH can sit this one out, let the young guy shine, win or lose.)

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt (mostly because it seems like this is where Bray is headed, and Taker doesn't have much time left to make this thing happen.)

John Cena vs. Rusev - US Title (Was gonna happen eventually, might as well have Cena end Rusev's streak and win the US title. It'd be a very cool moment, and would bring hella prestige to that title.)

Dolph Ziggler vs. Finn Balor - Intercontinental title (Fuck Wade Barrett. Give these two muthafuckas 25 minutes and this match could be a five star fuckin match. You can easily build it by having their feud be based off of the royal rumble. Maybe Balor attacks Ziggler after Ziggler eliminates him from the rumble. Throw the Intercontinental title on the line and you get a prestigious fucking bout)
This is a very solid card right here. I really like the Cena/Rusev for the US title match. Not hating Rusev, but I think his gimmick needs to go to a higher bar. I know that him winning the US Champion is psychologically driving the fans to hate him, well because his gimmick is from Russia. Cena on the other hand fails to capitalize at the RR, because I can't simply see him carrying another title right now. Cena/Rusev will have to suffice, and who knows, it might be a good match.

Idk, I was kind of hoping for an Ambrose/Reigns/Rollins in a steel cage at WM, but Sting/Rollins would be epic.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 7th 2015, 9:58 am

How I think this whole thing will turn out is IF the rumors true that Brock Lesnar is going to leave WWE to go to the UFC to finish out his sporting career. 

If I had the decision for Lesnar/Rollins/Cena match is to ultimately have Rollins go over by pinning John Cena at the end. I really do expect with everything going on in the WWE where Seth Rollins had made a solid alliance with Lesnar and Heyman, I don't really expect Rollins to have much involvement in this match until it's his time to strike. How I see it when the time is right where Brock is about to obtain victory Rollins will turn on Lesnar to get the victory. NOTE: This wouldn't be a face turn because Seth Rollins' character is basically the type that will use people to gain personal glory. Like he did with The Shield and Randy Orton. 

For the Royal Rumble, honestly I would hope that Daniel Bryan ends up winning it(Not because I think is his year or anything, but who wants to pass up a potential 5 Star match between Rollins and Bryan?) to set up Seth Rollins vs Daniel Bryan as the Main Event. By this time Seth Rollins will be the biggest heel in the company.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 7th 2015, 2:17 pm

It's really hard to tell what WWE is planning to do at the Rumble with the title match now being a triple threat and with the rumors of Lesnar leaving running around.  Personally I like it this way!  Who wins the Rumble ultimately depends on who wins the title.  If Cena or Lesnar win it, then I'd want to have Bryan win it.  First of all, comeback stories always play well with the audience, and what better place to do it than the Rumble.  Cena did it there, Edge did it there, so why not Bryan.  And whoeever you put Bryan into the main event with, it's either a blockbuster main event (Cena) or the ultimate David vs. Goliath (Lesnar).  And it would help Bryan win back some of the momentum he lost with his injury.

If Rollins wins (and I predict this to be a very RARE scenario), I would say have either Roman or Ambrose win the Rumble and find some way to try and do a Triple Threat Shield Match.  If not, Rollins vs. Reigns would still be good.  If Rollins was to win, they way I'd book it would be have Rollins taken out somewhat early in the match, then after whoever won, have him attack them with a Curb Stomp, cash in his MITB, then have him become champ this way.  But I think this is rare, cuz there are the rumors that Rollins might be facing Orton at Mania.

Either way, I'm fine with Roman or Bryan winning the Rumble.  All that matters to me is how they work it afterwards.  As long as they book it right, either one of these two winning can do the WWE some good.  The main reason I feel this way for Reigns is because WWE has invested so much time and effort into him, to abandon it at this point would feel like a waste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 7th 2015, 2:58 pm

The fan in me 100% wants to see Seth vs Ziggler at Mania. Seth loses the match after Brock Lesnar finally capitalizes on Cena, then Seth turns on Heyman cashes in on Brock and takes the title. Perfect opportunist moment. Even without Seth, I think Ziggler is the man to win the Rumble. Bryan doesn't need it and Reigns isn't ready for it, while Ziggler is white hot as a face right now and needs the push into stardom. Rollins vs Ziggler would be an obvious top match anywhere on that card.

What I think will happen? Bryan vs Lesnar. I personally don't want Bryan anywhere near that win because he already looks superhuman after beating all of Evolution in one night last year, but if you're going to do it then do it. Would make Bryan the super face, and Lesnar is on his way out to the UFC.

Surprise entrants I want? Hurricane, Disco Inferno, Mick Foley (kind of like Mr Perfect back in 02 I think)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 7th 2015, 4:43 pm

I agree 100% percent with you...as for surprise entrants, I would love to see Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas...apart of me think were gonna get sting
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 10th 2015, 8:00 pm

King of the Brigades. wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:

This is a very solid card right here. I really like the Cena/Rusev for the US title match. Not hating Rusev, but I think his gimmick needs to go to a higher bar. I know that him winning the US Champion is psychologically driving the fans to hate him, well because his gimmick is from Russia. Cena on the other hand fails to capitalize at the RR, because I can't simply see him carrying another title right now. Cena/Rusev will have to suffice, and who knows, it might be a good match.

Idk, I was kind of hoping for an Ambrose/Reigns/Rollins in a steel cage at WM, but Sting/Rollins would be epic.

You might get it now because Vince is losing starting to have more faith in Ambrose than Reigns. So it could be Ambrose that will be winning at the Royal Rumble :hmm:
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion EmptyJanuary 11th 2015, 4:25 pm

Ryan Savage wrote:
King of the Brigades. wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:

You might get it now because Vince is losing starting to have more faith in Ambrose than Reigns. So it could be Ambrose that will be winning at the Royal Rumble :hmm:
If this does work, then Rollins must either win his match at the RR/cash in. Then maybe, they can prepare that special three-way with him, Ambrose and Reigns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion   WWE Royal Rumble Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Royal Rumble Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-