Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Just curious SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Just curious SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Just curious Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Just curious Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Just curious Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Just curious Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Just curious Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Just curious Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Just curious

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 12:26 am

How do you actually win a championship here?

I thought I had the ladder match won but I was wrong. I am just curious to what you look for in championship match promos.

Do you have any suggestions what I should do to improve my promos?
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 12:55 am

Since I decided the winner, I suppose it's only right I answer this.

Well, where do I start? What we do around "HERE", as you so kindly put it, is to NOT imply the politic game at works, especially when someone like yourself is relatively new. Secondly, let's get real. "I thought I had it won but I was wrong... curious to what you look for in championship match promos." Like, come on. Are you really going to discredit the work that Lethal, Desiree, Kendra, Chelsea, and Maddie all put into this match, too? It's not just one person that was deserving of winning this match, I could of stomached pretty much all winning this match.

But when you have a match type like this... with such a great promo war during the week, you have to split hairs. And that's what I did. Everyone had the quality to go along with the quantity. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's work and effort put forth, and that's the truth. But what I will not stomach is complaining, nor should I.

Instead of looking upon this as a negative that you lost (I'm using this as a general term of "you" - not directed at just you LAW), how about we look at this match as an excellent opening statement of the new Vixens division? When is the last time the Vixens division had such hype around it, such a spot like that even? I can't remember the last time I saw a woman's match get a ladder spot. And the reason such a spot was given because it was DESERVED. So expect more of the same if this keeps up, and I promise you, everyone will continue getting their chances.

But to answer your "question" - I look for what you gave me, in terms of championship match promos. But the thing is, you weren't the only one to give them. Everyone did. Your promos are/were good this past week. But so was everyone else's.

So instead of really getting offended by this, I'll just leave it at congratulations for being apart of the best promoing war that we saw this past week in the ENTIRE EAW. Not an easy feat, especially when 4 of the 6 Vixens in this match were new. And thank you to all of Lethal, Kendra, Maddie, Desiree, Chelsea, and yourself LAW... keep it up, and I'll be sure to make the Ladder match is only the first of many staples of Vixens being a dominant force, like it once was, in EAW again.
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 12:59 am

Work your ass off. You're good, and you are only going to get better. But stay humble and hungry. It doesn't happen overnight.
Back to top Go down

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 1:01 am

Lannister wrote:
Since I decided the winner, I suppose it's only right I answer this.

Well, where do I start? What we do around "HERE", as you so kindly put it, is to NOT imply the politic game at works, especially when someone like yourself is relatively new. Secondly, let's get real. "I thought I had it won but I was wrong... curious to what you look for in championship match promos." Like, come on. Are you really going to discredit the work that Lethal, Desiree, Kendra, Chelsea, and Maddie all put into this match, too? It's not just one person that was deserving of winning this match, I could of stomached pretty much all winning this match.

But when you have a match type like this... with such a great promo war during the week, you have to split hairs. And that's what I did. Everyone had the quality to go along with the quantity. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone's work and effort put forth, and that's the truth. But what I will not stomach is complaining, nor should I.

Instead of looking upon this as a negative that you lost (I'm using this as a general term of "you" - not directed at just you LAW), how about we look at this match as an excellent opening statement of the new Vixens division? When is the last time the Vixens division had such hype around it, such a spot like that even? I can't remember the last time I saw a woman's match get a ladder spot. And the reason such a spot was given because it was DESERVED. So expect more of the same if this keeps up, and I promise you, everyone will continue getting their chances.

But to answer your "question" - I look for what you gave me, in terms of championship match promos. But the thing is, you weren't the only one to give them. Everyone did. Your promos are/were good this past week. But so was everyone else's.

So instead of really getting offended by this, I'll just leave it at congratulations for being apart of the best promoing war that we saw this past week in the ENTIRE EAW. Not an easy feat, especially when 4 of the 6 Vixens in this match were new. And thank you to all of Lethal, Kendra, Maddie, Desiree, Chelsea, and yourself LAW... keep it up, and I'll be sure to make the Ladder match is only the first of many staples of Vixens being a dominant force, like it once was, in EAW again.

That's not what I meant. I was just curious at how the promos get graded. I know my promos weren't that stellar since I did rush most of them. I clearly thought Desiree was going to get the win over all the vixens here. I totally didn't see Lethal coming out on top. 

I wasn't really offended. i was just curious that is all. 

You made the right call. Lethal deserves the championship and I stand behind it. I was just wondering if you look for anything particular in championship promos in a general sense. 

Sorry if I came off something different and for wording it wrong. I never was the best when it came to grammar.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 1:19 am

It was between Desiree and Lethal at the end, that I'll admit.

But really, don't change what you have done. That goes for everyone else as well. I don't look for anything in particular when it comes to promoing. It's just a matter of recognizing quality when you see it, you know? I suppose if you pointed a gun at my head and asked me what I see as quality and what not - I look for creativity, story telling within a promo, and simply put, playing up to the storyline put forth and maximizing the character.

I apologize if I came across as strong as well, but definitely seemed like a complaint. But that is on me for assuming. I just wanted to make it clear that nobody was un-deserving or anything, and was ECSTATIC with not only everyone's activity, but the quality put forth too.

I see Maddie and Chelsea get on and complain about their own promos, and I couldn't disagree more with their personal assessments. Both absolutely played true up to their gimmicks... Maddie's Hospital Visit was excellent creativity and definitely within her fun-loving character. I like it when people make a gimmick and play up to it. Just becomes a matter of maximizing your character, and everyone, and even myself, can never stop evolving on this. Chelsea, is also great at this, playing up the sarcastic, self-centered (and lack of better words) bitch gimmick she has got going on.

Not that these are the only two that do that, but just felt those were two great examples of it on the top of my head. Really, everyone put forth great promos... and I absolutely love the dynamic characters and promoing ability of all. Lethal, Kendra, and Desiree had a bit of an edge in my opinion on the rest this past week... but I feel that came with experience more than anything. Truly, you didn't do anything wrong. The promos didn't seem rushed. You could of probably beaten a lot of extremists this past week, if we were to compare. Just a matter of working with your character, perfecting it, getting familiar with the talent around you, and have a little bit of luck on your side as well. Promoing isn't all that goes into booking a winner... nor should it be.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 12:55 pm

Keep your nose to the grind stone my friend. Ken pretty much said it all but overall what it takes to make it here is consistency. You guys did the division justice this week. Effort never goes un noticed around here, remember that
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 2:46 pm

Learn from your wins and losses and find new ways to improve and thus showing that your character has evolved.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 4:30 pm

It's been a long time since we had some sort of Vixens division, to have so many Vixens active and promoing and putting on a great display on the promo page is fantastic to see (especially from somebody who really thinks that Vixens and Tag Team action around here have been lacking for a while - see: that thread I made that rustled jimmies).

Most of the Vixens are new-ish, so it wasn't overly likely that any were going to be a real shot, but as DDD said and from what I've learned in EAW, effort doesn't go unnoticed. If you try hard, give it your all and don't flip out every time you lose, that'll hold you in good stead for the future.

It's just really important to keep active and keep trying, the EAW Vixens division has a habit of disappearing after a couple of days or weeks, but with showings like the one for the super show, if you lot keep active and promo like that, we'll be seeing a lot more Vixens action on EAW cards and your chances of winning a championship will definitely improve.
Back to top Go down

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 4:55 pm

Thanks for the positive comments. I guess I haven't done a fed like this in quite a while. I have been doing this for over 9 years starting on facebook then branching out to forum run feds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Empty

Back to top Go down

Just curious

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-