Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do names affect success? - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do names affect success? - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Do names affect success? - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Do names affect success? - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Do names affect success? - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Do names affect success? - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Do names affect success? - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Do names affect success? - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Do names affect success?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

Do names affect success? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyMay 1st 2015, 8:28 am

Y2Impact wrote:
Charlie Scene wrote:
If Y2Impact and Mr. DEDEDE can accomplish what they have, I'm gonna have to say no, names do not matter.
This is 100% true, but I refuse to let DDD & I be outed without mentioning Robbie V and Mister K being in that same group. That said, these names are still better than things like "Deadman 4 Life" and "wweforever98". Alejandro Ariel was a pretty badass name, by the way.
Deadman 4 Life and Y2Impact are about on the same level to be honest.

Also can't forget American Dragon 5000 and The Bottomline!!! Ahh, efed names were great when it was all Y!A names. I was smart enough to choose Charlie Scene right off the bat, so even when everyone else had a stupid name, I was still there swaggin it up. 

There was also Graduation Bear, The Legacy Continues, and the guy who alot of people consider the best fedder on this side of the world, AJ Arias, first e-fed name was "13 Times The King of Kings."

Everyone does dumb shit sometimes. 

Except for me. Charlie Scene, Alejandro Ariel, both great names. (We'll forget I spent some time in CWF as "Craid Craig" and went down as the #1 Tag Team in IEW history as "Crash Smash." Also I debuted in CWF with a YAMATO pic base under the ring name "YOSIMATO." Which btw -si- isn't even in the Japanese language, but that didn't stop me!)
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyMay 1st 2015, 9:55 am

I would hope not
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 20th 2016, 11:20 pm

To answer more thoroughly, nope, not as long as it's within the realm of reason. I would change my name in an instant if given the chance to start over, but I created Y2Impact when I was 11. As history accumulates, you grow more attached to whatever name you have, similar to Mr. DEDEDE, Mister K, Robbie V, Heart Break Boy, etc. Not the most inventive or original names, but all guys who achieved immense success under those characters.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Senn
Dynasty
Dynasty
Jacob Senn

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 20th 2016, 11:26 pm

Nope, because if someone like Jacob Senn (and Imp and HBG wanting me to change it to Zen) can be world champion, or Pizza Boy becoming National Elite Champion, anyone can. Razz It's all about how well you can promos and the quality you bring.

Last edited by Blackfyre on February 20th 2016, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 20th 2016, 11:27 pm

I sure hope not
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 20th 2016, 11:59 pm

Das Lannister wrote:
I don't think it makes much of a difference. If a guy going around calling himself H in Triple form, I'm pretty sure anything else in wrestling can stick. Let's be real now, "Mr. DEDEDE" is inarguably EAW's biggest legend. Not exactly a top-flight name.

If you have the talent, you can make ANYTHING sound good. You can make anything sound mainevent material, like DDD/Rock/Triple H have.

ken with the props  :banderas: ty based lannister
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 21st 2016, 9:29 am

Guys

'Kawajai' was a EAW Champion, Triple Crown, Hall of Famer etc.

what the fuck is a Kawajai
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 21st 2016, 10:43 am

Highly.
Back to top Go down
Uncharted

Uncharted

Hailing From : Brooklyn, New York

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 21st 2016, 11:18 am

In eFedding, no - assuming that the judges in a competitive eFed aren't biased or petty or anything, all that matters is the substance and quality of the content put forward. The same, however, doesn't apply to professional wrestling in real life. In real professional wrestling, you are made by the audience. If the audience can't take someone seriously, they won't get behind them and that person won't succeed, most likely. Gimmicks like Max Moon, Bastion Booger, so on and so forth, were unsuccessful because the audience couldn't take them seriously right off of the bat, due to their name.
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 21st 2016, 11:45 am

I think a name can affect success negatively, if one goes out of his/her way to come up with something stupid. Nowadays, I'm not sure people could get away with using Yahoo! Answers names like myself and some of the guys I already knew upon my arrival can. Even a name like Lioncross isn't common among the people I met for the first time when I got to EAW - lots of Firstname Lastname instead.

I think a name can affect success positively like it did in my case, where Lioncross immediately got a match with Heart Break Boy based on our history. I probably don't get that if I came up with a new character for EAW. That being said, I'm not sure that's the question that was being asked.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 22nd 2016, 12:58 pm

Zack Crash

Zach Crashington The Third

Zack Smash

Hmmmmmmmm...
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 22nd 2016, 1:08 pm

In e-feds?....well, hi, I'm The Pizza Boy, new EAW National Champion.  Nice to meet you, I SHOULDN'T BE HERE IF NAMES MATTER!

In wrestling itself? I don't know.  We've got a guy named Dolph Ziggler who can claim to have held the World Heavyweight Title twice, a dude named after mineral sediment as the face of an era, and another named after a generic green super hero as the former face of wrestling.  Also a dude named The Undertaker who used to wear leg warmers whose not only been champion, but had one of the more iconic careers in modern day wrestling.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 22nd 2016, 1:34 pm

Not anymore than a pic base can, which means ever so slightly, but overall not really to a degree that it's even an easily noticed issue. I mean if you joined EAW as "FagboyKillerMSNRus1999" it probably wouldn't be that awesome, you could even find success, but there'd always be a degree of less gravitas to you.
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 22nd 2016, 2:56 pm

no
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 27th 2016, 5:01 pm

I heard it affects success in marriage when the two of you share the same last name...  :drake:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do names affect success?   Do names affect success? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do names affect success?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-