Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Ask Pizza Anything Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
Aria Jaxon

Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 3rd 2017, 11:54 pm

Are there any real-life wrestlers that you've taken inspiration from to help mold your character?

Why do you think poor PB is such a magnet for blunt force trauma and just general mean tomfoolery?

I really liked reading Fertility's promos for the first episode of WMW. Where did you get the idea to toss the whole hitwoman thing into her background?
Back to top Go down
Terry Chambers

Terry Chambers

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 3rd 2017, 11:57 pm

What made you come up with a character such as a pizza boy?
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2017, 12:11 am

Seeing as you wrote a few characters around Pizza Boy last year, how did you develop them/keep them relevant without letting them become clutter?
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2017, 2:05 am

Joking question: how does it feel to be Mr 3.5? Lol.

Serious question: Since you are a big fan of Potatoes, IYO which restaurant serves the best french-fries/potatoes? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Voltage
Voltage
Finnegan Wakefield

Hailing From : Great Britain (actually Australia)

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2017, 2:15 am

Does pineapple belong on Pizza? you seem to be the deputy in that town.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2017, 2:23 pm

Any chance we'll ever see Jerk the Viking again?
Back to top Go down
вrσdч spαrks .
Empire
Empire
вrσdч spαrks .

Hailing From : Brockton ✈ Seattle
Status : ís єvíl sσmєthíng чσu αrє? σr ís ít sσmєthíng чσu dσ?

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 4th 2017, 2:31 pm

When you first made your character The Pizza Boy, did you ever think you would make it this far in EAW?
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 10:45 pm

Aria Jaxon wrote:
Are there any real-life wrestlers that you've taken inspiration from to help mold your character?

Why do you think poor PB is such a magnet for blunt force trauma and just general mean tomfoolery?

I really liked reading Fertility's promos for the first episode of WMW. Where did you get the idea to toss the whole hitwoman thing into her background?

1.Pretty much every underdog character out there.  There's a lot of Mikey Whipwreck in particular, especially in the first year.  Currently I hear a lot of Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston in my head when I'm writing for "Nobody" Pizza Boy.

2. He works in the service industry.  People know it's management's fault usually, or a chef, but PB's whose there, so they beat him up.  He's also a very small white meat babyface who seems like an easy target.

3. I wanted to make a feminist character, but one that's in an old seedy grind house femsploitation film that really should come off more demeaning than as a heroin.  I originally had her as a hitwoman/prostitute/wrestler in past feds long ago and I just wanted to pick up on that lore.  I also like the idea of a female James Bond, so maybe that's where some of it comes from as well.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 10:48 pm

Terry Chambers wrote:
What made you come up with a character such as a pizza boy?

Ages before I came to EAW my friend had a novel idea for a backyard e-fed.  I always wanted to do a sort of reluctant hero gimmick and I thought it would be funny if someone at the show just happened to order a pizza, and some preying seedy manager or booker just happened to need to fill a spot on the card.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 10:55 pm

Lioncross wrote:
Seeing as you wrote a few characters around Pizza Boy last year, how did you develop them/keep them relevant without letting them become clutter?

Tony Rolland was a character I had in a previous fed that some people here knew and liked, so I brought him in to add a much needed mentor character to give PB direction.  He was pretty much Pizza Boy's credibility card because he could say "I was trained by Tony Rolland" and to some who knew, it meant something.  

Barney was a character I came up with as a manager for a mute character years ago and he's basically Tony Clifton meets PT Barnum.  He's two dimensional enough to not really worry about him getting in the way.  

Percy was actually something the show writers came up with while PB was in training.  He doesn't speak, so he's easy to keep out of the spotlight.

My ultimate goal with all of them was to flesh Pizza Boy out.  If I had any fear with any of them it was Tony because some loved him and Pizza Boy's whole underdog shtick felt a bit too close to Tony in LEGION for me at times.  When that happened I tried to change directions until I hit something unique.  My advice, if anyone wants any, is that if you're going to have tertiary NPC types, make them nothing like your character and make every single motive of theirs revolve only around your character and reflecting who he is by comparison to their character.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 10:57 pm

Nobi wrote:
Joking question: how does it feel to be Mr 3.5? Lol.

Serious question: Since you are a big fan of Potatoes, IYO which restaurant serves the best french-fries/potatoes? Lol.

1. I go by Mr. 3.5 now in chat.  It feels .5 better than being number four.

2. How is this a serious question Nobi! lol.  I like Five Guys fries.  They give you a lot, and they're delicious.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 10:59 pm

Sir Finnegan Wakefield wrote:
Does pineapple belong on Pizza? you seem to be the deputy in that town.

I was one who screamed blasphemy on it at a time, but then I tried it and loved it.  So I say yes, it can belong on pizza.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 11:02 pm

showster26 wrote:
Any chance we'll ever see Jerk the Viking again?

I'm thinking about working in a cameo, or a mention, or a passing moratorium in a WMW promo since I do have a Fertility Lynch as my current character there.  Beyond that it's hard to say.  I hinted at having him put down like a dog if he lost the Triad Games, but the Triad Games never ended, so he's Schrodinger's Viking now

Last edited by ThePizzaBoy on February 6th 2017, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xavier Williams.
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Xavier Williams.

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 11:06 pm

While you've had chances to promo against some of the top talent in the fed as a whole, is there anyone hat you've either promod against and wanted to see what could happen if you were given the chance to delve deeper in competing against each other or someone you haven't had the chance to face that you do?
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 11:07 pm

Brody Sparks wrote:
When you first made your character The Pizza Boy, did you ever think you would make it this far in EAW?

I initially brought him in out of spite because I had multiple people flooding me with messages on yahoo answers asking me to join EAW at a time where I was feeling jaded and ready to 'retire'.  I posted the profile hoping for immediate backlash for it not being a previous character from a previous fed and only got love.  Then I realized that I'd just stuck myself with an underdog comedy service industry gimmick.  Then I said 'fuck' really loud a bunch of times at the ceiling before conceding to trying something out of the box.

I didn't expect to stick around as long as I have, so I definitely got farther than I ever thought I would.  And for the record, I'm more than OK that these titles keep getting taken away from me.  This character should be a house jobber on Velocity, not Elite Answer's Champion!  S'wrong with you people!?!
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 11:11 pm

Xavier Williams. wrote:
While you've had chances to promo against some of the top talent in the fed as a whole, is there anyone hat you've either promod against and wanted to see what could happen if you were given the chance to delve deeper in competing against each other or someone you haven't had the chance to face that you do?

I got the chance to have a short week long promo war with Nico ages ago.  I liked how it went and he liked how it went as well.  I've gushed about how much I liked it in chat and elsewhere that I'm half questioning if this question is a troll question.  If that's the case, good one.  If not, I look like an ass.  Either way, Nico took my championship away from me (not that one, the other one) and I want it back...but mostly because I want Nico.

I'm also extremely tempted to have Pizza Boy have yet another identity crisis and become Pizza Girl so he can go over to Empire for a few months and get his ass handed to him by pretty much anyone over there.  Haruna in particular.
Back to top Go down
El Landerson

El Landerson

Hailing From : Los Angeles California

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 11:17 pm

The Pizza Boy I need you to be my tag team partner at Showdown's Reasonable Doubt FPV against High Rollerz for there Eaw tag team titles if you're interesting it with me on Reasonable Doubt FPV on Eaw
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 6th 2017, 11:21 pm

El Landerson wrote:
The Pizza Boy I need you to be my tag team partner at Showdown's Reasonable Doubt FPV against High Rollerz for there Eaw tag team titles if you're interesting it with me on Reasonable Doubt FPV on Eaw

I'd be down for that.  I have a horrible track record with tag partners with HBB (he left me) Erica Ford (I accidentally killed our tag team by missing the tournament), but sure.  

Buyer beware: I'm the Jannetty and I've tasted two kinds of windex going through barber shop windows.  I might have a chip on my shoulder.
Back to top Go down
El Landerson

El Landerson

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2017, 6:06 am

but what is our team name going to be while against the High Rollerz at Reasonable Doubt FPV Pizzaboy
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2017, 7:26 am

El Landerson wrote:
but what is our team name going to be while against the High Rollerz at Reasonable Doubt FPV Pizzaboy

I'm trying not to take the obvious bait of Taco/Mexican Pizza...maybe Mystic Pizza?
Back to top Go down
El Landerson

El Landerson

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 7th 2017, 4:18 pm

I like that team name for you and me PizzaBoy So I'll see you on Showdown this week when you beat Drake n Jones on Eaw
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 12:54 pm

Where did the idea of "The Pizza Boy" come from?
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 3:19 pm

According to you, what separates a good promo for a superior one? 

(P.S. If you have read any of my latest promos, can you suggest an improvement?)
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2017, 11:16 pm

Mike Showman wrote:
According to you, what separates a good promo for a superior one? 

(P.S. If you have read any of my latest promos, can you suggest an improvement?)

As basic and silly as it sounds, having a lot of good content works.  If you can write a long promo that keeps the reader's interest, then that's a superior promo.  There's no definitive style to it.  I've seen people go full dialogue and cut a straight up promo without the setting described or the their actions emphasized and it's trounced me.  I've also done and seen promos that had zero dialogue and expressed story through action and set dressing well enough to make the message universally understood.  I don't think any allotment of time devoted to a promo makes it good either.  I work on steady stream of consciousness, just typing what's in my head without obsessing over it.  Sometimes it comes out good, sometimes it comes out bad, but I'm usually done within an hour or 30 minutes.  On the other hand, I've seen people go the long haul and spend an entire week writing an excellent promo.  I've seen that backfire too.

I think a lot of it revolves around knowing what's going on in the fed around you (something I'm horrible at, especially when the brands cross), knowing your opponent, and knowing your character's voice and motives.

I haven't read anything of yours since the Triad Games.  That's something else I'm bad about.  If I weren't tired I'd go read a promo right now.  I might tomorrow if I have time and remember and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2017, 11:22 pm

\"Damaged" Zack Crash wrote:
Where did the idea of "The Pizza Boy" come from?

I think I've explained it elsewhere on this thread before, but the short and long of it is that a friend of mine started up an e-fed ages ago that was essentially backyard wrestling in concept.  I had a manager that I'd used elsewhere (Barney, that part hasn't changed) who was a sleaze bag manager who'd just lost all of his clients to the big leagues and essentially ordered a pizza and conned the delivery boy into being a wrestler.  The story played out essentially the same way it did here in EAW, but the main reasoning for it was because a Pizza Boy would be someone you'd see fighting in someone's backyard and probably nowhere else.  I've also always wanted to do a fish out of water Mikey Whipwreck sort of gimmick where someone who shouldn't be wrestling is wrestling and getting his ass handed to him due to reasons beyond his control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask Pizza Anything Two   Ask Pizza Anything Two - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask Pizza Anything Two

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next