Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:13 pm

:y2j:
Back to top Go down
AJ Perez

AJ Perez

Hailing From : Copenhagen, Denmark

Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:22 pm

There can be a difference to some people but not to me. I am not the type of guy to toot my own horn. I don't think highly enough and am not very confident.

Last edited by AJ Perez on July 11th 2016, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:23 pm

I definitely have undergone a humbling over the recent years where, especially over the past year or two, I don't think I'm nearly as good as my writers or other people do. I don't know if my confidence has lowered or if I've just become a lot more critical of myself, but im certainly less self aggrandizing towards my own content than say 2011-12 where I felt everything I did was sanctimonious and golden.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:27 pm

You can always tell when it's an Imp thread because it's at least 3 lines long on the sidebar
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:29 pm

Scott Diamond wrote:
You can always tell when it's an Imp thread because it's at least 3 lines long on the sidebar
My sincerest apologies. I will now turn every one of my thread titles into clickbait to force all you defenseless unsuspecting forum users into clicking unaware of what I'm going to ask until you read what's on the inside.

!!!!!!

:shrug:
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:33 pm

The Machine wrote:
Scott Diamond wrote:
My sincerest apologies. I will now turn every one of my thread titles into clickbait to force all you defenseless unsuspecting forum users into clicking unaware of what I'm going to ask until you read what's on the inside.

!!!!!!

ok ok ok ok ok OK!
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:37 pm

The Machine wrote:
Scott Diamond wrote:

!!!!!!

I love Karl's titles (and the fact that he's trying to provoke more discussions on the forums and threads instead of writing in the same ones over and over again.)
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:39 pm

To answer your question, of course there is. Everyone perceives themselves to be better than how others view them at some point in their life, same applies to EAW. Still, it's never a huge difference of mindsets for me personally. In other words, it's never ragequit worthy. :shrug:
Back to top Go down
Rex32
Showdown
Showdown
Rex32

Hailing From : Sea,Isle New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 11th 2016, 7:47 pm

Honestly, my character has evolved to a point where he isn't exactly  100% an extension of me, but I would say maybe 60-65 % is. With that said, I'm new to efeds not even a year in efeds, but I feel the writers are using what I give them with my Character, which is not much now, but I'm working on it. The writers have been absolutely spot on so are in the confidence department. Keep up the good work. 

I just want to say thanks to the previous Showdown writers Xavier, Demon, and later Impact for getting my character this far, and I look forward to seeing where Tyler and Brian can take him going into season 10.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 2:20 am

Yes. Because my picbase is not a wrestler.

Well, no, I mean yes... the answer is still yes. I just feel like my character in promo page and in the shows is like a completely different person. Everyone who already have a feud with me can feel it too I guess
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 3:38 am

Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Tumblr_nh714dlAL11s52ddao1_500
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 9:34 am

Honestly, I don't think I'm that good currently. Obviously, they disagree I mean I am World Champ. I know I could set the world on fire with the right pic base and gimmick combination tho.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 11:00 am

TBH I'm very conflicted with how I feel about myself. Like I know I'm putting on the best work I have ever done, and clearly many of the writers are behind me, especially oasis and Brian, but I've never seen myself as that good. I think it's because I compare myself to people who are either world champs or HoFers but I've always been under the impression I'm just not on that level.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 11:33 am

When I first got here I think the writers didn't realize how good I am but I think they do now.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 11:41 am

I tend to second guess my own abilities and worry about the possibility that I'm coasting on someone's nostalgia or impression of how good I was, if not less.  I'm constantly worried about the what if of just being some strange preconceived notion or preceding reputation that some merely heard about. I try not to think about it too much though.  If I did, I'd probably retire from e-fedding.  Actually, I probably wouldn't and if I did I'd probably just go mad writing for no audience in particular.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 12:08 pm

I second guess myself a lot, sometimes I think I am better then someone, then I think I am not at the same time. I guess i am not that confident in myself even though I was awarded the Young Lions Cup?
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 12:19 pm

I'm dope
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 1:17 pm

I would say so because during my transition phase when I was new to EAW I worried about whether or not if I would be successful in a new environment compared to the old one I was in. I feel like there is always that doubt in the back of your mind if the writers in this particular fed thinks highly of you the way the writers in the previous fed viewed you. For me I have struggled with that my entire fedding career where no one really had any confidence in me or even gives me an opportunity to showcase what I can do. Sure, I would have various members of the community complimenting me on my work and how I present my character etc but for some reason my writers in the past or even my current writers don't see that for some reason. Which is why people tend to try to go to a different fed or brand in some cases to finally feel that their talents are worthy of a world championship reign, storyline, title opportunity etc. Sometimes you just get too caught up on pleasing your writer to the point where you'll end up making yourself feel miserable and eventually make yourself want to do less and less and even then wouldn't change your disposition . But at the end of the day it's pretty subjective because if this writer doesn't like you for one reason or another then whatever talents you may posess (unless the entire community is really high on that person). Which I'm not afraid to say that I have been there where I have actively tried to get approval from EVERYONE in the community and ask what they would do with my characters which I eventually lost sight with what my character was, which resulted in the failure of Ryan Savage. So pretty much at the end of the day all you can do is work hard and eventually you'll be lucky enough to have a writer that would appreciate and see what you have to offer and would find a way to utilize you. Sorry by the way if it didn't answer the question
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 1:50 pm

I spit diamonds and my promos are gold.

That's just what the board tells me. I think I'm alright.
Back to top Go down
Victor Maero
Dynasty
Dynasty
Victor Maero

Hailing From : Missouri
Status : How many licks does it take to get to the center of my heart?

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 2:40 pm

I've lost to people who did one, short, sub par promo and lost. I've lost a lot of times where I shouldn't have. But now Demon is gone so maybe I'll win something
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
Aria Jaxon

Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 3:39 pm

I'm pretty realistic in how I view myself. I know I can promo my ass off and I realize how good I am, but I can also check myself and keep myself humble. Obviously, up to this point, I've been in a position where the writers have thought pretty highly of me as well, which has been nice. c:
Back to top Go down
Vic Vendetta

Vic Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 3:43 pm

Yes sometimes I feel underlooked not only by the writers but by people here majority of the time like no one expects me to be able to go toe to toe with what EAW has established as the best and top wrestlers currently
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJanuary 23rd 2018, 10:18 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJanuary 23rd 2018, 10:28 pm

Not at all. I just want to improve my promo abilities to a new level every time I cut a promo so I prefer to go with flow. Being a champion now it means I have to improve myself as a promoer even more, lol.

Could be a bit OOC but Shark Man is a perfect punching body-bag and I love his character. Hopefully he could be a legendary comedic character regardless how good/bad my promos are as Shark Man xD
Back to top Go down
Moongoose McQueen
Voltage
Voltage
Moongoose McQueen

Status : Whether I go or not, I'll die anyway. I have an organ more important than my heart. Although you can't see it, I feel it going through my head down to my feet, and I know it exists within me. It lets me stand on my feet, it lets me walk forward without trembling. If I stop here, I feel like it would break... My soul will break.

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? EmptyJanuary 23rd 2018, 10:30 pm

I don't think I'm as good as people say I am, but it does mean the people here are nice enough to lie to my face and say that I am good, so it can't be all bad. Like, when people talk about my promos, or if I ask about them, they are either like, "It's good." Or they don't say anything at all. And that silences tends to affect me the most, because I take it as "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything." So I really rather just pretend people don't read my stuff. It's delusional at it's best, and I don't get criticized, but it does get infuriating from time to time when it seems I make little to no progress, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Like, if I'm not good then just say it. I just have a bad mindset where if people aren't critical on me, I'm critical of myself, and as bad as that is, it does allow me to remain somewhat "humble" and never in way over my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?   Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you ever feel there's a big difference between how good you think you are and how good your writers think you are?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next