Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

How did you come up with your character's name? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

How did you come up with your character's name? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
How did you come up with your character's name? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
How did you come up with your character's name? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
How did you come up with your character's name? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
How did you come up with your character's name? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
How did you come up with your character's name? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
How did you come up with your character's name? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

How did you come up with your character's name?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

How did you come up with your character's name? Empty
PostSubject: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 5:47 pm

This has probably been asked before but shoot. :drank:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 5:56 pm

Manny comes from the Japanese joshi wrestler Manami Toyota, and 'Happy' because a few Japanese wrestlers put adjectives before their name e.g. Dash Chisako.
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 9:37 pm

I looked up names and see which would work together well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 9:44 pm

Happy Manny wrote:
Manny comes from the Japanese joshi wrestler Manami Toyota, and 'Happy' because a few Japanese wrestlers put adjectives before their name e.g. Dash Chisako.
Wait, isn't dash a verb? I don't know. It's a word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 10:06 pm

I'd actually come up with the character while screwing around on Grey Dog Software's "Wrestling Spirit 3." I thought it'd be amusing to create and Azerbaijani wrestler and was given the name of Sander Czerny by way of the random name generator. I screwed up in Sander's game, so I decided to start over with a new character, one named Lukáš something. I didn't like the last name, so I wound up cycling through more names before settling on Avetisyan for a surname. It looked good to me, so I stuck with it.

I did some light research on Azerbaijan and put together the two paragraphs of backstory available to all of you. The rest of it was just me thinking up moves or variations of moves, some of which came from my time with another fed that his since closed down. For a player avatar, I chose Rene Dupree because he had that short stint in ECW where he'd usually end his promos by appearing to drop character entirely and just stare into the camera until it cut to another person or match. I liked that a lot and decided that I wanted to write a character that was more or less like that all the time, but with a little weirdness thrown in for giggles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 10:12 pm

Madison is my real name, Maddie is my nickname, so i just used that ;p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 10:36 pm

I really couldn't decide. I had initially found the base first. So I was compiling a list of her physical features. The use of the double D's couldn't be a missed opportunity, so Desiree Drake was born.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 10:49 pm

I had been using a masked character for a couple years and decided to ditch it. I needed an masked name. My brother was an Efedder too and his character's name was Nicky Nightmare. The character's real name was Nicholas Knight so I took that surname and used my proper first name that I don't use and viola! James Knight.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 11:21 pm

My main TLA character I used in other feds for years was nicknamed The Sexual Panther but I wanted to try something different here without throwing away my character entirely. So Pantera Negra is Black Panther a dark side of the Sexual Panther. Mustafa is a pretty common Muslim name. I originally wrote him as a heel commentator in another fed called Prince Aziz and it was pretty fun so I decided to use the character as a manager.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 1st 2014, 11:32 pm

TLA wrote:
My main TLA character I used in other feds for years was nicknamed The Sexual Panther but I wanted to try something different here without throwing away my character entirely. So Pantera Negra is Black Panther a dark side of the Sexual Panther. Mustafa is a pretty common Muslim name. I originally wrote him as a heel commentator in another fed called Prince Aziz and it was pretty fun so I decided to use the character as a manager.
Do you know how many years I've waited for you to reveal this information :demonic:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 8:47 am

Caster of Dreams. wrote:
TLA wrote:
Do you know how many years I've waited for you to reveal this information :demonic:
This.

And Jacob Steele was because I love the name Jacob. Steele came from when I was looking up last names that would sound cool with it.

Sephiroth was originally only going to be for the Triad Games, where Ventura, KD and I were dark characters and were named from Demons. Sephiroth came to mind from FF7 and I saw it on a list of demon names. Plus... It just sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 11:42 am

I've revealed the origins of my other names in past similar threads, so I'll just talk about Crimson Mask/Ares Vendetta.

Crimson Mask: Pretty simple; I always thought "Crimson Mask" would be a good lucha libre-esque name for a masked wrestler and decided it would be cool to use it as a comic book character persona that was secretly Ares in disguise as a means to get into EAW without being noticed.

Ares Vendetta: Last name obviously comes from Robbie V's last name, but the first name I got pretty much the same way Austin Aries got his last name: My birthday is April 1st and therefore am an Aries, and I love the name "Aries" so much that I would always use it for my CAW in WWE video games. I decided to kind of go back to that with this new character, but change it up a little bit by naming him specifically after the Greek God of War, Ares, since it seemed the most appropriate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 12:43 pm

Originally, I was deciding on which character I wanted to bring into EAW. My first character was Lawrence Allan Walters. Which I was going to him Mr. LAW. When I noticed there was a lot of male characters. That's when I decided to help bolster the female side. Plus, I have always wanted to a full name female character since I used Heather O'Neil.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 2:33 pm

As far as EAW characters go.

Jayjayyyyy- Jayjay is a nickname of mine real life wise, especially when I was younger, Jayjay wasn't open on some sites I joined so I added extras y's and eventually I came from yahoo answers to efeds with the name.

Jaywalker-When I realized Jayjayyyyy was a stupid name I figured I'd better get a better one, at the time I was really into the Miz and had been calling my fans Jaywalkers like his Mizfits, and since I had given them a cool theme of Jaywalkers meaning people who walk without order of others and daring to defy all traffic I figured it would be cool to give it all to myself.

John Alloy- I wanted a tough sounding name, and the name John came to me. Alloy was because at the time I was in my first year of a mechanical engineering course in College, so I kind of got inspired in a class which is why Alloy had a lot of metal themes to his character. The whole John AlloY thing was pure coincidence and I hadn't noticed until someone mentioned it after I was revealed as being Alloy.

Gunkai Riggs- I wanted a foreign sounding name, and I always thought Genkai from Yuyu Hakusho sounded epic, and since Gunkai was one of Scott's hired guns I put Gun instead of Gen. Riggs just came to me because I wanted a name that sounded like a huge man would have, I might have been subsconciously also effected by KS's Trivium stuff but not deliberately.

Kanki- Just stole it from a character of Kingdom manga, same with the beheader nickname.

Tiberius Jones- I saw the name Tiberius once and thought it was cool. Jones was because I like having J in all my character names these days. Plus having initials "TJ" is a good homage to TJ Detweiler from Recess.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 2:40 pm

I just looked up original names and found Lucian which is a variant of Lucien and used Black as surname mainly because that is one of my favorite surnames. Also the combination of both sounded good and IMO fitting for a character with Reigns as a pic base. DDD thought the same when I asked him for feedback. Much better than George Copeland if you ask me..
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 2:46 pm

Mr. DEDEDE - As much as I'd like to fabricate a cool story about the meaning of ''DEDEDE'' and make up some sort of deeper meaning behind it, it really came from Mind of Mencia. I just chose some random name for yahoo answers and I wanted to by the guy who makes people feel stupid, and putting a ''Mr.'' in front of it would assert my authori-teh.

Methuselah - I knew of Methuselah from the bible as being the man with the longest lifespan ever, which I thought suited my longevity even though I had only been fedding for 2 years at that point. I wanted to give my character a more crazed, ritualistic, dark spirit feel since Dark Emperor was my (for lack of a better term) lackey and we were named ''Sword of the Spirit''. Since Methuselah's name means ''man of the spear'' and Methuselah sounds like a muthafucka who had a longass beard, I just ran with that.

The Gawd - I was always the guy known on Y!A and Feds for using the term ''BAH GAWD'' a whole lot, and I still do use it often in my vocabulary. I created The Gawd in TWL in 2nd quarter 2008, either because Edge was taken or I just wanted some sort of change. Either way I just replaced ''The Rock'' with ''The Gawd'' and built my own persona off The Rock's 3rd person style of talk.

Diamond Dallas DEDEDE - Pretty much had everything to do with my picbase, which was DDP at the time.

''Hollywood'' Mr. DEDEDE - I'll admit CC was the first to use that ''Hollywood'' terms in efeds, despite not running with any sort of gimmick or even using it as an active fedder. However I had used that whole hollywood movie star glory hog sellout type persona as a buildup from 2008 where I was this successful ''movie star'' and ''efeds needed me more than i needed efeds''. So in AWF 2014 I decided to use that side of me using mannerisms of the stereotypical hulk ''you aint ready for the big time brother'' hogan, along with my real self.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 2:58 pm

My character was originally based on Chris Jericho, so in wanting to be more original, I thought Lionheart sounded good and then I somehow decided on Chris DeLion. 
(Day-Lee-Own)
When I got here the Jericho pic base was taken but Shane Douglas really fit the attitude I was wanting to move forward with.
How did I come up with it?
I honestly think I was high that night that I joined the e-fed world in 2001.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 2:59 pm

Well in the feds I joined before EAW, my name was just DJoMo Dubian because my pic base was more often Morrison than not. However when I joined EAW, a world champ known as RRS had already taken the JoMo years ago so I went with Evan Bourne. Like before, I emancipated my picbases name onto my e-fedding name and got DEvan Dubian (yes DEvan). However when EE, the writer of Turbo at the time wrote my name out on the card.. he just wrote Devan Dubian and I thought that was way more fit and here I am. Never intended to change it when I got other picbases because Devan sounds amazing.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 3:00 pm

Ponder a guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 2nd 2014, 3:09 pm

I write books in my spare time and Kaol, and Jasper Wake where characters from my books. Kenneth "Razor" Rockville....100% not sure lol
Back to top Go down
Tarah Nova
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tarah Nova

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 3rd 2014, 11:53 pm

Well, the name 'Tarah' is very close to my real name and 'Nova' came from one of my favorite female wrestlers', Buggy Nova. That and I think a SuperNova is one of the most eye catching explosions that has ever happen in the galaxy. (Even tho you can't see it from earth. So Google it!)
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? EmptyNovember 4th 2014, 2:18 am

Well, at the time I came to EAW I was using Nigey or something like that which was my nickname IRL at the time but I figured that shit wouldn't fly in EAW. Plus, I had no idea what picbase I wanted to use so stuck with MVP which was my picbase in RAWF at the time. Rocked up to chat and needed a name and since I was sticking with MVP, everybody's pal CM Bank$ helped me create the name Eddie Mack which sounded like a name for a MVP style character. In hindsight and if I could turn back time, I think I'd have gone with a different name and character.

There was also that brief period as Shane Harper. Learning from my mistake with the Eddie Mack thing, picked Corey Graves as a picbase and was working on a name that sounded cool. Like the name Shane and know it's never been hugely popular. Tried to work on a surname for a bit and I think Scott finally helped me decided on Harper.

If I was to ever return to EAW and use a different character (kinda like Jay has done with John Alloy and Tiberius Jones), I'd use Dane Jerez name I created for a character I've used in a couple of other feds like AWO. Wanted a name that sounded cool but also badass plus was something along with the lines of Justin Credible. So yeah, came up with Dane Jerez because it sounded like 'dangerous'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character's name?   How did you come up with your character's name? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your character's name?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1