Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Reborn Matt Sydal SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Reborn Matt Sydal SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Reborn Matt Sydal Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Reborn Matt Sydal Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Reborn Matt Sydal Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Reborn Matt Sydal Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Reborn Matt Sydal Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Reborn Matt Sydal Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Reborn Matt Sydal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Dweck

Richard Dweck

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyOctober 30th 2017, 11:44 am

Reborn Matt Sydal Lance1   2017Reborn Matt Sydal Matt-sydal-wm

BASIC INFORMATION
Wrestling Name:
Birth Name: Matthew Joseph Korklan
Ring Name: Matt Sydal( 2003-2007, 2014-present)
                  Evan Bourne( 2008-2013)
                  MATT( 2000-2002)
                   Lance Sydal( 1998-2000)                 

Nicknames:
current-
Air Bourne
Reborn/Rebourne
Yogi-Shaman 

previous-
The Hardcore Luchador( as Lance Sydal)
Cocky Coverboy( Matt Sydal, 2004-2006)
as Evan Bourne-
Little Evan Bourne( Sheamus)
The Human Wrecking Ball( John Cena)

Height: 5’, 9’’
Weight: 165 lbs( lightest)- 185 lbs( heaviest)
Hometown: Saint Louis Missouri
Resides: Clearwater, Tampa Florida.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Disposition/Alignment: Choose from these options:
 Matt is a baby face but can go tweener depending on his history with an opponent. Respected for both his in ring acumen as well as his demeanor but he has struggled with ego and confidence. A prodigy, he is a backyard wrestler who became pro at 17 in Saint Louis Missouri where they were very strict about licensing wrestlers making that achievement much more impressive. Despite his origins Matt is a dynamic dynamo mixing amateur wrestling, martial arts, gymnastics, surfing and yoga with pro wrestling styles of American, Japanese( Puroresu), Lucha Libre and European. He has a myriad of i influences being a tape trader in his teens, his influences include the WCW and WWE's cruiserweight and light heavyweight divisions, Japanese death match wrestling and ECW, New Japan's super J cup. His favorite wrestlers are-
Sabu
Rey Mysterio
Dean Malenko
Eddie Guerrero
Bret and Owen Hart
Ricky Steamboat
X Pac
Chris Jericho
Masato Yoshino( popularized the swinging fisherman as the Lightning Spiral which has been adopted by Tyson Kidd, Paige and recently Elias Sampson)
Jushin Thunder Liger( innovated the shooting star press)
Super Crazy
Tajiri
RVD
KUSHIDA
Edge & Christian
The Dudley Boyz
Omega- The Hardy Boyz, Lita, The Hurricane, Shannon Moore

wrestlers he's influenced-
The Miz
Melina
Matt Cross/ M Dog 20
Kofi Kingston
Ricochet
Seth Rollins
Mark Andrews
Neville
Will Ospreay
Flip Gordon

Facts about Matt Sydal-
1. His family is Jewish, he is more spiritual loves Ram Das
2. his father came out as gay when he was 15, he is straight and polygamous 
3. he became pro the same month and year as Brock Lesnar, same year as Cesaro, Kenny Omega and Kevin Owens.
His last backyard match- 
his pro  debut match- 

4. His first match with AJ Styles in 2004 made him famous- 

BIO-
Born March 19th 1983 he is one of four brothers, his parents are teachers. They were strict about education but very easy going allowing Matt to backyard wrestle and his father even helped him and his friends one summer build a ring in the backyard and did commentary.
His family is Jewish. When he was 15 his father came out as gay, he is straight but is in the polyamorous life style. In 2015 he dated Alicia Fox. 

Matt is a very odd person , a modern hippie which wasn't really marketed in WWE who made him into a white meat one trick pony.

The way the reborn thing happened and reborn is not just a gimmick. After being let go by WWE he instantly made a trip to the Peruvian jungle for an ayaschua retreat. ayaschua is a natured based psychedelic that makes  you find out your true goals/dreams, MMA fighters have taken it and never wanted to fight again, Matt was afraid he'd lose his love for pro wrestling but instead it enhanced it and brought it back to the level of passion he had as a teenager. Reborn Matt Sydal is the fully formed 34 year old modern-hippie, young veteran top super junior of the world.

Personal-

He is spiritual not religious and loves Ram Das.
A progressive politically and staunch supporter of marijuana for both medicinal and recreational purposes. Ironically given he's been smoking marijuana since his youth( one of his first Entrance themes was Dope Nose by Weezer) as of 2012 he needs it medicinally because of a motorcycle accident that has permanently injured his foot
Reborn Matt Sydal Matt-sydal-has-a-gross-foot
https://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/5/7/8571057/matt-sydal-has-a-gross-foot

Matt is the guy a girl can bring home to her parents but also the guy you'd be able to smoke weed with and have super deep philosophical conversations with.

Matt speaks Japanese and Spanish, he studies quantum mechanics and physics as a hobby.
While becoming a star on the indies he went to the University of Missouri and graduated in 2005 with a bachelor's degree in marketing. He was chosen by WWE to train Floyd Mayweather for his WrestleMania match with Big Show.
Matt was a part of the early 2000s era of independent wrestling
Reborn Matt Sydal Maxresdefault
Matt has been praised by
John Cena and his childhood idol Rey Mysterio. 
Reborn Matt Sydal 13385

Reborn Matt Sydal Warfhx_display_image

RINGSIDE INFORMATION
Theme Music: 'Song Title' by Artist
Special Entrance [Optional]: The character’s special entrance. Write it exactly how you want it to be posted, preferably in present tense to fit the show format. If their entrance doesn’t change or you don’t want to write one, feel free to skip this.

MOTIVATIONS
What are your character’s motivations for competing?
Most wrestling fans just want to watch wrestling, Matt had always wanted to perform in the ring and was a natural, a prodigy actually. 

Tendency to Cheat: rarely

IN-RING INFORMATION
Wrestling Debut [Optional]: October 20th 2000( pro debut)
                                      ( debut on the indies) November 21st 2003
Favorite Match Types [Optional]: Iron man match
Least Favorite Match Types [Optional]: body slam challenge 
Favorite Weapon: high surfaces
In-Ring Achievements [Optional]:  Since 2003 his win/ loss record is:
319 wins and 257 losses.
He has defeated veterans such as Chris Jericho, Edge and Chavo Guerrero.

He became the first American/ non Japanese wrestler to win Dragon Gate's Open Braveheart championship. He won IWA midsouth's 2005 ted peddy invitational pinning Kevin Owens in a  triple threat match. He's been world champion in OVW and he has won 4 cruiserweight championships, he has won tag team championships with Christopher Daniels, Kofi Kingston and Ricochet.

In ring skills-
Fearless but NOT reckless aerialist
VERY skilled at chain/ catch wrestling mixing martial arts with amateur wrestling as well as Lucha Libre, Puroresu and UK/European styles he is a technical wizard with lots of pins and submissions in his arsenal.
he has innovated many moves.

full arsenal:

Signature Moves: Minimum of two (2), maximum of five (5)
1. The Slice- he innovated it in 2001 it was later adopted by Melina after she saw him do it on WSX- a reverse DDT Hold + split leg drop
2. Flying Walenda- innovated it, named by his father who did play by play commentary during his backyard wrestling days, a standing to jump super/avalanche frankensteiner later adopted by 
Rich Swann)
3. Flash Point- corner running attack swinging lariat- adopted and popularized by the Miz after seeing him do it on WSX( Miz admitted this on Colt Cabana's podcast)
4. Double Helix- a corkscrew variant of Chris Jericho's lion-sault
5. feint buzzsaw roundhouse + roaring/ spinning elbow to kneeling opponent

Finishing Moves: Maximum three (3) and one (1) optional ultra-finisher (UF)
Here It is/ Here We Go Driver- innovated this as well, a half nelson pumphandle slam latter adopted by Shingo as The Made in Japan and Pentagon Jr.
2. Air Bourne/ Shooting Sydal Press- an impeccable diving shooting star press with a tuck in mid air able to get 25-30 feet in the air. Able to do one legged even off of high surfaces and can land on his feet if opponent evades.
3. Namaste Lock( Muta Lock, while bridging he clasps his hands together in a praying taunt and screams " Namaste"
UF.  Sydal Special/ Cyclorama- super/avalanche belly to belly Moonsault slam

NOTE

I don't mean to be a diva about it but please watch his matches or the videos above, he is not a spot monkey his style is very similar to that of AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyOctober 30th 2017, 12:06 pm

Welcome to EAW buddy, I think I should warn you that this is sort of a CAW based promotion and real life wrestlers don’t exist in this universe. Plus that Matt Sydal is taken by another guy Brayden Wolfe. Hopefully you can still find a way to be a part of our fed as you put a lot of effort into this signup. I don’t mean to discourage you by any means. Just to inform you of how things work.
Back to top Go down
Moongoose McQueen
Voltage
Voltage
Moongoose McQueen

Status : Whether I go or not, I'll die anyway. I have an organ more important than my heart. Although you can't see it, I feel it going through my head down to my feet, and I know it exists within me. It lets me stand on my feet, it lets me walk forward without trembling. If I stop here, I feel like it would break... My soul will break.

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyOctober 30th 2017, 1:02 pm

1. EAW is in it's own universe where the WWE doesn't exist, ergo, you are essentially going to have to clean up your character's history page to not copy Matt's but to create your own and unique character. You shouldn't use real life wrestlers as influences for your characters as no one will acknowledge them as if they are.

2. Remember, this is your own original character, so you don't have to use the same name moves, background, etc. You can essentially play around with it and develop a moveset or personality that suits your character.

3. Condense your information as much as possible. Right now, your sign up has too much information that isn't needed. Think of it for writers that has to scroll down through all of that stuff just to access your moveset. Ergo, the tribute video are not needed, listing whom you have beaten, trained, or inspired is not needed, and just focus on stuff like height, weight, entrance, ring style, personality, BRIEF history, and moveset. Remember, saying stuff like "I beat Chris Jericho" means nothing here because they don't exist. 

4. You can try to keep your character as Matt Sydal as possible, aka, modern hippie and stuff, but it's preferred you don't really do that because its harder to force yourself to follow how a character acts than creating your own character on the go. And the problem with these types of characters is, no one honestly takes them seriously, because of the impression we already have on the wrestler themselves. If you want to move up on your own terms and skill, you should stick with a newly designed character of your own. As I said, add the aspects you like the most of Matt for your wrestler, but absolutely do not completely commit to portraying them how they are. Give yourself room to experiment and play around.

5. Fair warning, this fed isn't going to be ran in the same style of WWE, where yes, things get a lot crazier and people do long ass promos out of nowhere (yes, we had someone complain about this before), but that is the structure of how this fed works. You have a match, you promo for it against your opponent, how well you did or your character determines how the match goes, and if there is something promising there, it could lead to a bigger storyline. As I said, don't limit and restrict yourself to rules to keep it "realistic." It's fantasy, and just have fun on the go with your character. Note there are a few rules and etiquette to follow on the promo page. If you have questions, ask around in PM or on the discord chat. 

6. Yes, Matt Sydal is already taken. I'm not going to tell you to switch to a completely different wrestler and copy them, because you can still have a Matt Sydal-esq character with a different picbase. As I said, don't copy wrestlers exactly how they are and just create your own while pulling inspiration from others.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyOctober 30th 2017, 1:47 pm

Welcome to EAW! Agreed with the others that your signup needs some work but hopefully you will stick around and try fedding in the EAW style.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Wilson

Ryan Wilson

Hailing From : Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyOctober 30th 2017, 2:36 pm

I like the character!
Quick question, have you actually played him since 1998 for real or did you build-up his story this way? 
Not judging, I mean it's a background hehe. I ask because I have a (now retired) character who I was playing for real in 1999 and became the equivalent of Ric Flair (42 titles, 12 World titles) so I always find it fun to meet people who's been efedding for so long.

Anyhoo, welcome to EAW!
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyOctober 30th 2017, 5:46 pm

Welcome, have fun.
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Voltage
Voltage
Finnegan Wakefield

Hailing From : Great Britain (actually Australia)

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyOctober 30th 2017, 7:47 pm

:comeon:
Back to top Go down
Ryan Wilson

Ryan Wilson

Hailing From : Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyOctober 31st 2017, 4:53 am

Ah...
Didn't know Matt Sydal was real.
Hmmm... Yeah I think like the others that pushing for an original creation is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Voltage
Voltage
Finnegan Wakefield

Hailing From : Great Britain (actually Australia)

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal EmptyNovember 2nd 2017, 11:39 pm

:lifesgood:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reborn Matt Sydal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reborn Matt Sydal   Reborn Matt Sydal Empty

Back to top Go down

Reborn Matt Sydal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1