Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  Empty
PostSubject: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 1:14 pm

PWInsider.com is reporting that New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Katsuyori Shibata has been pulled from the upcoming NJPW tour dates. Shibata was hospitalized for a subdural hematoma that was caused by a nasty headbutt during his match with IWGP Champion Kazuchika Okada.

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/826825-njpws-katsuyori-shibata-hospitalized-from-headbutt-which-raw-superstar-would-you-like-to-see-on-sd-live
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 1:16 pm

Damn. Praying for Tajiri. One of my favorite wrestlers all time. Loved him when he managed Yokozuna back in the day. It's amazing how it feels when one of your childhood favorites is put in danger...like an atomic bomb going off where my heart is.
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 1:42 pm

That's a nasty injury. Hopefully he recovers from that and is back to the ring again. Praying for him
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 2:44 pm

I know exactly what headbutt it was that fucked him up. He literally busted himself open the hard way with it. Hope everything turns out fine, what a fucking brutal match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 4:49 pm

When I saw that headbutt I literally had to rewind and watch again to check for funny business, I wasn't sure how he could have done that safely. Guess he didn't. Reports seem to be that he has already had surgery and is in recovery, which is good. But sadly I won't be holding my breath for a return. The reality is that this is a serious brain injury many degrees more serious than (most) concussions and the like. And bear in mind, in this line of work he probably does have some sort of concussion history to make matters worse. Even if he is eventually cleared, I don't think I'd be comfortable seeing him in the ring again. Fingers crossed he hangs in there and that this isn't something life altering beyond wrestling.

It is such a shame because he is clearly such a talented guy and he put on an amazing match. It literally had me thinking how stacked with talent their roster really is and how they'd probably be fine if say Kenny jumped ship to WWE. Between Tanahashi, Okada, Naito, Shibata and anyone else they have waiting in the wings that I just don't know enough about, they'd probably still have the best main event picture in wrestling right now. But I think the lesson is that you can't take these guys for granted. 

My one criticism of NJPW, and it pains me to say it, is that from what I have seen they appear to be rather blasé when it comes to head bumps. You have Honma pulling diving headbutts all the time (admiteddly nothing to do with his own recent injury). We saw the dragon superplex at Wrestle Kingdom, which is a spot that I never want to see attempted again. Now this headbutt. And it's not even the first time Shibata has done it. I've seen the footage of him busting himself open in much the same way against Nakajima. Obviously I'm going by a small sample and I don't know how representative this is of NJPW as a whole. But it seems to me that they need to be more careful about protecting their guys. For all his flaws, Vince has done the right thing in regards to head bumps at WWE.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 5:03 pm

Drastik wrote:
Damn. Praying for Tajiri. One of my favorite wrestlers all time. Loved him when he managed Yokozuna back in the day. It's amazing how it feels when one of your childhood favorites is put in danger...like an atomic bomb going off where my heart is.
I was hospitalized after this comment lmao  :dead: :dead: :drosedead: :drosedead:
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Voltage
Voltage
Finnegan Wakefield

Hailing From : Great Britain (actually Australia)

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 10th 2017, 9:01 pm

Shibata died for our since. Go to the Misawa in the sky.
Back to top Go down
RoViper

RoViper

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 11th 2017, 1:36 pm

For those who don't already know, Meltzer says Shibata's hospitalization was an angle, possibly to cover up for something else. We've been worked, boys.

:bastistaroids:
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 11th 2017, 1:44 pm

I've been bamboozled, but I'm seriously happy about it.

:yes:
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 11th 2017, 2:28 pm

RoViper wrote:
For those who don't already know, Meltzer says Shibata's hospitalization was an angle, possibly to cover up for something else. We've been worked, boys.

Considering how fucking hard Shibata has been going, I would probably guess to give him a tour or two to recover from the minor injuries...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 11th 2017, 3:03 pm

RoViper wrote:

:win:
Back to top Go down
RoViper

RoViper

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 13th 2017, 9:15 pm

Latest reports are claiming that Shibata's injuries are real and very bad, and that he will never be cleared to wrestle again.

:mjcry:
Back to top Go down
Tech

Tech

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 13th 2017, 9:18 pm

Hope it's not true, very sorry for his loss if it is. Pray for him boys and girls.
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 13th 2017, 9:39 pm

RoViper wrote:
Latest reports are claiming that Shibata's injuries are real and very bad, and that he will never be cleared to wrestle again.

GOD DAMNIT. STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS.

:cryshow:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 13th 2017, 9:59 pm

RoViper wrote:

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 16th 2017, 1:18 pm

Even Meltzer is saying now that Shibata is still in the hospital and will probably never be cleared again. 

:rusev:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 16th 2017, 4:20 pm

RoViper wrote:

ffs Robbie :crybull:
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 16th 2017, 4:22 pm

Nico Borġ wrote:
RoViper wrote:

ffs Robbie :crybull:
:rusev:
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyApril 16th 2017, 4:54 pm

Methuselah wrote:
I know exactly what headbutt it was that fucked him up. He literally busted himself open the hard way with it. Hope everything turns out fine, what a fucking brutal match.
 I highly doubt he'll make a return anytime soon if at all mostly because my mom has suffered this same injury as well and it took about a year for everything to fully heal and she admits that she doesn't really feel the same post surgery at all. She deals with memory loss all the time when she bumped her head on a desk while she was cleaning. But hopefully Shibata will be alright. But this may very well be his last match.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyMay 17th 2017, 3:19 pm

Good news, NJPW's Medical Trainer gave an update on Shibata's condition:

As for Shibata, his original condition was considered to be life threatening. However, after follow up operations he has now been moved to the general ward. While he currently has no trouble walking and talking, it is impossible to comment right now on any possible after-effects due to his condition. He is currently focused on being discharged from the hospital, so he asks for everyone to “send your shouts of support.”
Back to top Go down
Macho Man Johnny Nova
Showdown
Showdown
Macho Man Johnny Nova

Hailing From : Detroit, MI

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  EmptyMay 17th 2017, 3:24 pm

Robbie V wrote:
Good news, NJPW's Medical Trainer gave an update on Shibata's condition:

As for Shibata, his original condition was considered to be life threatening. However, after follow up operations he has now been moved to the general ward. While he currently has no trouble walking and talking, it is impossible to comment right now on any possible after-effects due to his condition. He is currently focused on being discharged from the hospital, so he asks for everyone to “send your shouts of support.”
It really sucks that a spot that could have been avoided and wasn't necessary potentially ended his career. I am happy for him and his family that he seems to be doing better in general. Crazy... Sending warm vibes his way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized    Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized  Empty

Back to top Go down

Katsuyori Shibata Hospitalized

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-