Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Sorry to my EAW Family SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Sorry to my EAW Family SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Sorry to my EAW Family Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Sorry to my EAW Family Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Sorry to my EAW Family Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Sorry to my EAW Family Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Sorry to my EAW Family Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Sorry to my EAW Family Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Sorry to my EAW Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Terry Chambers

Terry Chambers

Sorry to my EAW Family Empty
PostSubject: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 2:43 am

I'm not one for threads like these but I felt like all of you guys should know because you are all like my family.

I have been battling depression for quite some time now with everything going on in my life financially, physically, and mentally. Thursday morning around 4am I thought I was doing myself a favor...and I attempted suicide. I grabbed my razor knife and slit myself 3 times trying to bleed out, then my wife heard me in pain and heard my screams and found me and stopped me from doing any further damage. I have been getting help all day and now I realize what a huge mistake I almost made almost having my wife raise 3 kids alone and my kids almost not having a father in their lives. My family members came by all day today and some family members I haven't spoken to in years came and gave me words of encouragement and I also realized I have more people who care about me than I thought and knew from there how many people I would be letting down if I succeeded. I am trying to get on the right path and move forward with my life, I think my suicide attempt made me stronger as a person and made me realize the greatness of life. My wife has rarely let go of me since I started getting my wounds treated. Thank you guys for reading, I love all of you. Don't worry, I'm still fedding here, just a little setback in my life, trying to get stronger! I know I have a wonderful life and EAW is a reason why! Smile

Last edited by Terry Chambers on January 20th 2017, 11:52 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rex32
Showdown
Showdown
Rex32

Hailing From : Sea,Isle New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 2:56 am

Fuck! Dude, totally get better man. I feel for ya on the financial hardships part. Please, please, please get better. Don't rush back man. You do what you gotta do. So glad you're okay, man. You are very fortunate to have a nice support system. Stick with it, please!
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 3:57 am

As much as I'm for cracking jokes and trolling on threads and in the chat, I've got to say that I'm really sorry to hear about this news. From my understanding of it through experience, depression is something incredibly serious despite how little seriousness we give it. We crack jokes and act like things are fine but then find ourselves in moments where we feel lost and hopeless.

I'm glad to hear that your attempt didn't prove to be fatal, and I'm even more proud of the fact that as a result of this, you've come to realize that there are things worth living for. I know that no suggestion is going to be enough to really change your perspective, and certainly nothing can be said that will transcend the significance of realizing your importance as a husband, father, and so on, but I think that it's important to realize that any reason for living is a "good enough" reason to keep going. I've found myself thinking I was stupid for believing that the only reason I hadn't killed myself was because my dog would be sad or because I'd never find out if Daya shot the cop during the uprising in Orange is the New Black or because I hadn't had a Big Mac from McDonald's in a while and I was really looking forward to having one. Whatever it is, hang onto it. It's enough to hopefully get you through the little patches, or at least until you can find the next thing to hold onto.

That being said, I hope that, in some way, EAW serves as a reason to keep going. As corny and ridiculous as that sound, I hope that the community here, the work you've put into your character, or some combination, gives you some sort of brief desire to keep going. I hope that you continue recognizing your significance as a father and husband, and continue being thankful for the fact that you have this opportunity to raise your children with your wife. More than anything, though, I hope that you can continue to work with those who are helping you, and that, one way or another, you're able to control your depression and insert some good into your life when it seems hard to come by. I have faith that you can find that goodness somewhere. If you need anyone to speak to at any time, feel free to reach out to me. I'll even ignore the fact that you're a Cavs fan for a second.

Take your time. Take it easy. It's good you're here.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 4:22 am

Holy shit glad you iight
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 7:21 am

very sorry to hear that man, hope everything gets better

Now If i can ask, how did you attempt to do it? Just wondering since you kinda glossed over that detail
Back to top Go down
Keelan
Voltage
Voltage
Keelan

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 7:29 am

That's rough man! Dealt with a lot of that shit myself and with other friends, so I know how you're feeling. Glad you're alright. Shit'll get better bro.
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 7:46 am

I'm sorry to hear that Terry. Take all the time you need and I hope you get better soon.
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 9:12 am

In a man's life, he sometimes faces a situation when he is forced to stop and question himself. It might be about financial matters, family matters and many other things. Questions like, why I am doing this? Could I have done it better? What if I could have changed that event in the past? Sometimes the answers to these questions can lead to depression with a strong urge to end life

As a man who has been in such a situation before, I can tell you that ending a life is never the good choice. Life is a gift and so we must not throw away such a valuable gift. I can tell you this Terry, life is like a wheel and just like a wheel, it moves up and then goes down. Right now, you might be at the bottom but that doesn't mean that you won't rise to the top again. You just have to work hard and keep believing.

Stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Leonhart
Voltage
Voltage
Anthony Leonhart

Hailing From : New Japan Wrestling Academy

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 10:09 am

Stay safe brother. Hope everything will be okay for you soon.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 10:21 am

Stay safe brother, take your time depression is a hard thing to overcome.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 12:00 pm

Dude! If you EVER need to talk about anything hit me up here or on Facebook. Name is Preston Ritter on FB. Get well man!
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 1:18 pm

*hug*
Back to top Go down
вrσdч spαrks .
Empire
Empire
вrσdч spαrks .

Hailing From : Brockton ✈ Seattle
Status : ís єvíl sσmєthíng чσu αrє? σr ís ít sσmєthíng чσu dσ?

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 2:43 pm

I am so sorry to hear this Terry! Thank god your wife found you and thank god you're getting the help you need. If you ever need to talk, don't be shy or feel ashamed about anything. That's life, we all go through things. What doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger.
Back to top Go down
April Song
Empire
Empire
April Song

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 3:38 pm

While having never attempted suicide myself, I do understand how much of a toll depression/anxiety can take on a person's life. I'm genuinely sorry that this happened and I'm glad that you're alright. I don't know what you're doing in regards to seeking help, but I would try to find a counselor, close adviser or a support group to join. You don't have to combat this alone and from the looks of the comments here on this thread you don't have to. 

Just know that you're definitely not alone in this. Many people, here and I'm sure where you are at presently, who care about you and want you to do well, not only for yourself but for your family.

You can do this.
Back to top Go down
April Song
Empire
Empire
April Song

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 3:38 pm

While having never attempted suicide myself, I do understand how much of a toll depression/anxiety can take on a person's life. I'm genuinely sorry that this happened and I'm glad that you're alright. I don't know what you're doing in regards to seeking help, but I would try to find a counselor, close adviser or a support group to join. You don't have to combat this alone and from the looks of the comments here on this thread you don't have to. 

Just know that you're definitely not alone in this. Many people, here and I'm sure where you are at presently, who care about you and want you to do well, not only for yourself but for your family.

You can do this.
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

Hailing From : Camelot, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 4:36 pm

Dude I must admit when I saw this thread I was absolutely worried. Although I myself have not contemplated suicide I myself have ASD and know how it feels to be down in the dumps. I am personally glad that suicide attempt failed, because although we never talk, I think you seem like a pretty chill dude. Take your time and let yourself breath, that really is what I try to do when I'm in a state of Melancholy. I am rooting for you man.
Back to top Go down
Laura Laine

Laura Laine

Hailing From : Winnipeg (You idiot)

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 4:44 pm

O.O thank whatever made this planet that you're okay!
Back to top Go down
Amani
Empire
Empire
Amani

Hailing From : Chiraq

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 4:45 pm

Everyone's basically said everything I would've already. Stay safe, I'm glad you're okay and realized people do care about you. Things will get better.
Back to top Go down
Terry Chambers

Terry Chambers

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 20th 2017, 7:26 pm

Thanks everybody for all the encouragement and well wishes, much appreciated. Been given a week off work and I already hate just sitting in the house.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family EmptyJanuary 21st 2017, 4:08 pm

You got kids that need you. Fight the darkness around you for then and for everyone who loves you, bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to my EAW Family   Sorry to my EAW Family Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry to my EAW Family

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-