Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
-

-

Hailing From : Lexington Kentucky

Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Empty
PostSubject: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:31 pm

I seen a forum talking if a picbase could hurt your career.. well what about activeness on the forum, chat ect? Does this hurt your career if you promo very actively and just don't go on the chat and forum much?

I love EAW very much and it's a lot of fun.. but I just don't feel like I fit in as much as I initially hoped too with everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 11:49 pm

I felt the same way, and still do to an extent.

It's better to just have fun, and try to ignore the little things that you feel about the company.

As a wise man once said "Don't sweat the small stuff, and in life, it's all small stuff."

EAW is great, and the people here are great, and when I didn't feel like I fit in here, I just ignored it and tried harder to immerse myself in what my character was doing.

Everyone has different ways to do things is my point I guess, sorry for rambling like that. If you want to use my way, go right ahead man. But if you don't and you see a different way to solve the problem, you go ahead and do it.

You seem like a cool person anyway, and I wonder why you wouldn't fit in...

But yeah, I'm one of the biggest forum posters around here, I don't visit the chat a whole lot, and I was wondering if it's that, or my absolutely horrible promoing that was hampering my career more.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 11th 2016, 12:46 am

Hmmm good question.  I don't think it would hurt to no be as active on threads, but I do believe it does help a tiny bit to make your presence known.  again I'm not saying being active would get you more angles, or a bigger push, but I believe it does remind the writers that you are invested, and apart of the company.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 11th 2016, 1:08 am

Do pic bases hurt you? Yes and no, depending on how you look at things. For example, if your pic base isn't convenient for the artist you may see yourself appear less on graphics. Not talking about you personally by the way. Sometimes people look at not being on graphics as being overlooked or not being included but if we can't work with the pics, we just can't. That may cause some people to lose motivation.

As for forum/chat activity. A presence would be nice but people have been successful in EAW without being so active on the forums. Look at Hades & Norman Hellion for example. Those guys rarely posted and went on to win plenty of championships.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 11th 2016, 1:46 am

On paper, and even deliberately I'd say no. Subconsciously I'd say it might be a different answer. Sort of like if being friendly, hot or etc might help at work.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 11th 2016, 2:07 am

I don't think it hurts in the long run, however I do think it can affect how quickly someone gets a push. Typically those that show up to the chat/post on the forums more regularly are noticed much easier than someone who only uses the forums to promo. It's a different ball game once that period of lack of notice begins to disappear. Guys like Crash, Hades and Norman are all proof of that as TRE said. As for you not going on the chat or posting on the forums much, fitting in always takes time. Some fit in faster than others, that's just how life works, y'know. The best thing to do is to try and find people with similar interests with you and your friendships will excel and this comes from personal experience. Then again, I'm at least sort-of friends with most people who I speak to since I don't really dislike too many members here.

So in short, just do you and eventually I'm sure you'll find a good group of friends in the community.

Last edited by Aaron Fitzpatrick on March 11th 2016, 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got Jay confused with TRE. Damn black people, all looking the same and shit.)
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 11th 2016, 3:19 pm

I'd say the only thing that can hurt you on the forums is your attitude.  If you act like an asshole or an entitled baby, then that's obviously going to make people less likely to want to work with you.  Other than that, I don't think forum activity hurts at all.  As Aaron said above, look at me.  I'm not as active as others, yet I hold a fairly comfortable position here.  Don't let feeling out of place get ya down man.  We all feel that way at some point here.  But if you keep with it, eventually that feeling will disappear and you'll be as successful as you want to be
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 2:45 pm

I think being active on the forums gets you attention, but I don't think that necessarily segues into a push.  It's kind of like going in to turn in an application at a job interview; even if you do your application online you stick out if you have the courtesy of introducing yourself, putting a face and personality to the credentials, and essentially looking attentive and interested in the prospect of working with the person or business.

With that being said, like with interviews that sort of thing can cause backlash.  There are squeaky wheels on the boards sometimes that really don't have presence or capability as a writer that aren't going to get pushed simply because they do ooc posts.  I'd even go as far as to say that there have been some that have been so personally open and accessible that they've hit an uncanny valley wall of some sort and people start to resent them.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 3:00 pm

I know for an unequivocal fact certain people haven't been pushed primarily because of their behavior (Crabby Author's Note: not you, you suck anyway), but that's more of a defiance-to-authority kind of thing. I don't think your general attitude hurts you unless you're overtly rude to everyone and it isn't part of a character. I do think excessive openness can cause people to dislike you as PB said, but I think it's mostly based on how you act and if you're perceived as being obnoxious. I think the firmly established people can take more liberties with what they say because of seniority/experience, but new people expecting to make waves with some sort of brash, shit-talking forum personality are in for a rude awakening. Ultimately, I think it just depends on the person more than anything, and doesn't have an inherently negative effect.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 3:01 pm

I'm gonna echo what many have said and just say attitude and gratitude get you far. Some people are more active because they probably want to be. For me, I post on things that pique my interest, shy away from things that don't, and am just happy getting an opportunity to write something that isn't a term paper or something clinical for work. 

As far as fitting in, just do you. You'll learn here, as in life, people will be people and you can't make everyone happy, but as long as you're having a good time and putting out things that you think are quality, then people will start to warm up to you. 

As I've said to Mr. Dedede and Oasis, this is the best e-fed I've ever been involved with because most of the people here are really cool and honest about themselves. There isn't anyone really "living their gimmicks" OOC or in chat. People are just who they are here, and that in itself deserves respect.
Back to top Go down
Christian Locke

Christian Locke

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 19th 2016, 8:23 pm

I have only been here a week. I think that of course everyone should promo but everything else should be optional; except for showing appreciation to the writers and reading the shows. Every person is different. Some people are extremely social and others are a bit shy. People shouldn't be judged. Being yourself is the greatest gift you can have in your life.
Back to top Go down
'Hollywood' Piff Fumador

'Hollywood' Piff Fumador

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 19th 2016, 11:39 pm

Christian Locke wrote:
I have only been here a week. I think that of course everyone should promo but everything else should be optional; except for showing appreciation to the writers and reading the shows. Every person is different. Some people are extremely social and others are a bit shy. People shouldn't be judged. Being yourself is the greatest gift you can have in your life.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 20th 2016, 12:57 am

There's no prerequisites here other than to promo for your matches, read every show and at least try to attend live shows although that has fallen by the wayside of being a ''prerequisite''. You literally don't have to do anything else but that. A guy like Hades didn't/doesn't do much outside the prerequisites occasionally post on topics, and he's longest reigning AWC of all time and won the Grand Rampage.

From there, everything else is just a matter of positives and negatives. It's only a plus if you're attitude is great, or if you attend live shows, or if you make friends. Equally, it's a negative if you have a bad attitude, or are ungrateful, or overly troll, or any other negative community aspects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 20th 2016, 1:52 am

>looks at Crash
>He's the GOAT
/end thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? EmptyMarch 20th 2016, 1:56 am

btw regarding the picbase thing that could hurt peoples careers ...that's when people pick idiotic pic-bases and change for the sake of changing. That's like Jon Kelton changing to John Cena because he thinks he'll get push because of John Cena. That's like Hurricane Hawk changing to Drake because God knows why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?   Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does not being active on the forum other than just promoing hurt your career direction?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1