Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction   Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 7:33 am

Which is better and why? Go.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction   Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 7:57 am

Reservoir Dogs.  It's got an actual plot to it, it's got more Steve Buscemi, it has one of the best opening moments in movie history (not the walk, the diner talk), it's probably Tarantino's most restrained directing credits and it's what kicked off his universe of films.  It also feels more old school cinematic to me.  Like 12 Angry Men, most of the movie takes place in one particular setting and relies on the actors to work with their talents rather than an overly stylized film.  That's probably because it's Tarantino's first film and it was shoe string, but it works in it's favor.  Pulp Fiction is beautiful, and it's a cool movie and a wonderful kick start to Tarantino's true style, but the acting wasn't great.  As a matter of fact, I'm sure it was meant to be wooden in some parts, or corny, or exploitation hammy.  That's the vibe the movie was going for, it's kitsch at it's finest, but Reservoir Dogs was a straight up heist flick with the most no-nonsense, anti-heroic, sympathy for the devil humanity behind it.  Sure, the mobsters were sociopath dicks willing to kill one another over a color name, but they also had their vulnerabilities and humanity. Except for Blonde.  Blonde's nuts.

Also, above all else, at the risk of sound hipstery for a moment, I think Reservoir Dogs is more fringe. It's too violent and vulgar to edit down for TV, so the likelihood of seeing it without consciously going out of your way to see it (or having El Rey/Sundance/IFC, which I can't afford) is pretty slim.

It boils down to the fact that I watch Pulp Fiction because it's on and I watch Reservoir Dogs because I want to.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction   Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 12:30 pm

I say pulp fiction for the fact that even tough there is t a real central plot all the indivual stories were more entertaining to me. Dos is a good movie but pulp fiction wins it with its style and star power. Plus Christopher Walken's scene the greatest semi unintentional comedy ever.

And @pizzaboy. I always felt rd was more of a who done it mystery but inverted by looking for a cop instead of a killer
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction   Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 6:18 pm

showster26 wrote:
I always felt rd was more of a who done it mystery but inverted by  looking for a cop instead of a killer

Eh, kind of.  Maybe it's from seeing it so many times, but I always felt QT gave up too quickly on revealing Orange.  They're all barely considering the idea of a setup when Orange tells Marvin Nash that he's a cop.  I mean, it's clear that that's what the movie's going for, but I don't know.  I just feel like Orange was revealed too early.  I guess it qualifies as a whodunnit more than a heist film though, considering the movie doesn't really focus on the actual robbery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction   Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction Empty

Back to top Go down

Reservoir Dogs vs Pulp Fiction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1