Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

question about character development SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

question about character development SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
question about character development Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
question about character development Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
question about character development Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
question about character development Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
question about character development Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
question about character development Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

question about character development

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DWFsFallenAngel

DWFsFallenAngel

question about character development Empty
PostSubject: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 14th 2015, 8:28 pm

i haven't really done a promo yet besides the one in my character description because of one small reason that may sound stupid, am i allowed to do actions like enter the ring and such if its just for my development? or can i only do that in the show, i can do backstage stuff if necessary but im just curious.
Back to top Go down
My Watch Has Ended

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 14th 2015, 8:48 pm

If you're talking about how to style your promo, you can set it wherever you want it to be. Just as long as your promo is good, that matters most. You could host it in a forest if you like. Just don't go overboard and go unrealistic on the promo Smile
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 14th 2015, 8:57 pm

Keep in mind, the promo will not be done with your opponent standing in front of you, unless you decide to hit him up in a private message and talk to him about it, and maybe you two do a drive collaboration.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 15th 2015, 12:43 am

Your promo can take place anywhere you like and you can do anything you like as long as you DON'T use any other characters without their permission or do anything super unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 15th 2015, 9:12 am

I would recommend reading other promos from people here to get a feel for it before you start one yourself. Everyone on the roster has a different style of promoing. Some write skits/segments, some just type as if they're talking to a camera, some (like myself) like to do a combination of both for what they feel is right for that moment. You can promo about anything and everything, but as unfortunate and cynical as it seems, first impressions mean a lot. If your first promo is 10 lines of dumb shit, it's gonna be hard to live that down. Even if you do improve, people will always remember the lame ass bullshit promo you posted when you were new. An example of that is Kerry Keller, who joined while I was out, but in the time I've been back, (3 short months) Keller has stepped up his promos by a mile. He still needs A LOT of work, (so don't think you're hot shit now Keller, you're still a cockballs) but even though he's improving, myself and others here still see him as "noob ass Kerry Keller who posts dumbass promos. 

My point is, try to get a good feel to it first, don't just post something to get a promo up. People say a bad promo beats no promo, but I disagree. A late promo that's a good promo says more to me than a bad promo that took 5 minutes. In most cases, you're promoing for your future, not just for your match that week.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 15th 2015, 10:10 am

A lot of people who do "in-ring" promos do them in House Show-like settings here I've noticed. 

Most of the advice that's been given to you is pretty much spot on. I don't really have much to add but avoiding challenging folks and just doing your absolute best to portray your character as best as you can. The effort YOU put into writing your character will reflect the effort whatever WRITERS that book whatever show you land on put into writing your character.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 15th 2015, 10:12 am

A lot of people who do "in-ring" promos do them in House Show-like settings here I've noticed. 

Most of the advice that's been given to you is pretty much spot on. I don't really have much to add but avoiding challenging folks and just doing your absolute best to portray your character as best as you can. The effort YOU put into writing your character will reflect the effort whatever WRITERS that book whatever show you land on put into writing your character.
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 15th 2015, 6:08 pm

Follow great promoers, such as myself, Mr. DEDEDE, Tyler Parker, Starrstan, etc. Pick up elements from different people and incorporate it into your own unique style.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 15th 2015, 8:41 pm

One of my personal favorite methods for this is to start your promo during a commercial, or before/after a show starts. Like an example with my character would be...

~During the commercial on Dynasty, "i" by Kendrick Lamar hits as TLA comes out to the ring enraged that he lost to El Landerson.~

TLA: I'm gonna fucking wreck you El Landerson. Mark my words I will kill you with a knife.

~TLA leaves as Dynasty comes back from commercial.~
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development EmptyMay 15th 2015, 9:54 pm

? wrote:
Follow great promoers, such as Mr. DEDEDE, Tyler Parker, Starrstan, etc. Pick up elements from different people and incorporate it into your own unique style.
Fixed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about character development   question about character development Empty

Back to top Go down

question about character development

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1