Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 29th 2015, 11:12 pm

WOW! WHAT A WRESTLEMANIA AND WHAT AN ENDING! 10/10 ending and probably one of the best WrestleMania's I have ever seen!
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 29th 2015, 11:24 pm

I bet half the people making jokes about Seth's penis size got smaller genitals than he does.

Anyways.. I'm so happy Rollins is champion and I am also sad for Reigns. He didn't deserve to get treated the way he got treated by the fans. The WWE Universe are a bunch of hypocritical cunts. Whatever tho.. Hopefully Reigns turns heel and joins the authority or something. They shouldn't waste this opportunity. He gets mad hate and he comes off as arrogant in interviews and stuff so perhaps he would make an amazing heel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 29th 2015, 11:42 pm

For not watching wrestling in like 2 years or so, I am extremely happy with the whole show. Starting from the beginning...

The Tag Team match was just fucking awesome. There wasn't a single boring spot in it. Perfect way to start off the night. Kinda sucked that Jimmy Uso got hurt. Or Jey.. Whoever the hell it was, that sucked. I wished that match had been an elimination match though, would've been more interesting to see who would've lasted until the end, but good match for sure.

The Battle Royal kinda bummed me out. I mean, it was interesting and all, just the fact that Big Show won... Sandow throwing Miz out was definitely the highlight of that match. I thought Sandow honestly had the BR won, but unfortunately not.

The IC Ladder Match was fucking amazing. I was going crazy throughout the whole match. I was pulling for Ambrose the whole time, but everyone was great. When Harper powerbombed Ambrose onto the ladder outside the ring, I knew he was done. When Bryan headbutted Ziggler off the ladder, man... Great great match.

Orton vs. Reigns. All I gotta say is... That RKO... Best RKO ever. Glad Orton won, too.

Sting vs. HHH was okay, I suppose. nWo and DX coming out was pretty sweet. Especially when HBK was in the ring and did the Sweet Chin Music on Sting. Kinda bummed that Sting lost though.

The Divas Tag Team Match was alright. Glad Paige and AJ Lee won.

That segment though... Ronda Rousey and The Rock... Let's just leave it at Ronda Rousey man. Wow. I wish she would've decked Stephanie, honestly. But Ronda Rousey... Lord.

Bray vs. Undertaker was probably worst match of the night, but it was good to see Undertaker back in the ring. He looks like he's only got a couple matches left in him. Hopefully it gets used wisely.

That main event man. I was pulling for Reigns from the beginning. It was horrible watching him get fucked up like he did, but when he started laughing, I knew something was coming. The two spears got me so fucking hyped. Rollins cashing in and winning was expected, but not exactly the way it happened.

All in all, I give Wrestlemania an 8/10. A lot better than I thought it would be, to be honest. I'm glad I watched it.
Back to top Go down
Montell Smooth

Montell Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 29th 2015, 11:42 pm

Brock Lesnar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 29th 2015, 11:44 pm

I haven't watched WWE since the Royal Rumble, which i was very disappointed by, WrestleMania was great I was very impressed.
Back to top Go down
That Self Hi-Five Guy

That Self Hi-Five Guy

Hailing From : Huntington Beach Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 12:15 am

WWE really came out of left field with this show,the spots were awesome,the matches were exciting and actually very good and lots of quality build-up leading up to the show.

My only real disappointments were the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal as I was expecting Mizdow to win,the Divas match wasn't anything special and fairly predictable and The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt match was lacking in terms of the overall match but the build-up was fantastic so there is something to be said about that.

Otherwise,I'd also have to rate Wrestlemania 31 an 8/10.
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 1:04 am

i enjoyed it. i marked out so hard for rollins.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 1:08 am

I missed the live and I just looked at the spoilers. People seems to be satisfied with this year's WM. I think I'll watch it later. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 2:11 am

I watched Wrestlemania on Snapchat from a fans viewpoint, 10 seconds at a time. It was kinda annoying as fuck but still, Wrestlemania was great. As for the main event, Seth Rollins cashing in was the best possible out come because now Lesnar isn't champion anymore and Roman Reigns isn't champion either, and I never thought I would see Tyler Black win the WWE Title in the main event of Wrestlemania but it's fuckin awesome that I did.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 6:28 am

Much better than I anticipated, especially with the lack of build-up. 8/10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 7:10 am

I missed Bray/Taker and Brock/Reigns because my stream died right in the middle of Ronda fucking Rousey in a WWE ring, went too bed after that but the show was alright up to that point, I don't think any of the matches (Up to that point) were good or anything aside from Cena/Rusev which was very good, HHH winning is the most lulzy thing ever.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 7:46 am

Dark Demon wrote:
I missed Bray/Taker and Brock/Reigns because my stream died right in the middle of Ronda fucking Rousey in a WWE ring, went too bed after that but the show was alright up to that point, I don't think any of the matches (Up to that point) were good or anything aside from Cena/Rusev which was very good, HHH winning is the most lulzy thing ever.
Taker vs Wyatt was the worst match of the show, in my opinion. Reigns vs Lesnar was just Reigns getting his ass kicked until Rollins cashed in to make it a triple threat.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 8:17 am

MTM wrote:
Dark Demon wrote:
Taker vs Wyatt was the worst match of the show, in my opinion. Reigns vs Lesnar was just Reigns getting his ass kicked until Rollins cashed in to make it a triple threat.
So you're saying the divas match was better than Taker/Wyatt?
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 8:18 am

Look at this guys :')

Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread 2isy1kh
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 8:49 am

Sting, Starcade and WCW buried. They even built this narrative that Sting was nervous to be on commentary.

I'm sorry, but commentary can really ruin a show.

It reminds me of when NXT became divas NXT, it was bad enough it sucked, it was worse that I had to keep heel Cole how much it sucked and why people shouldn't even be watching.

It reminds me of that stupid shit about Daniel Bryan being a flying goat, which always keeps D Bryan out of my top five and only top ten.

Plain disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 9:59 am

Jacob Steele wrote:
For not watching wrestling in like 2 years or so, I am extremely happy with the whole show. Starting from the beginning...

The Tag Team match was just fucking awesome. There wasn't a single boring spot in it. Perfect way to start off the night. Kinda sucked that Jimmy Uso got hurt. Or Jey.. Whoever the hell it was, that sucked. I wished that match had been an elimination match though, would've been more interesting to see who would've lasted until the end, but good match for sure.

The Battle Royal kinda bummed me out. I mean, it was interesting and all, just the fact that Big Show won... Sandow throwing Miz out was definitely the highlight of that match. I thought Sandow honestly had the BR won, but unfortunately not.

The IC Ladder Match was fucking amazing. I was going crazy throughout the whole match. I was pulling for Ambrose the whole time, but everyone was great. When Harper powerbombed Ambrose onto the ladder outside the ring, I knew he was done. When Bryan headbutted Ziggler off the ladder, man... Great great match.

Orton vs. Reigns. All I gotta say is... That RKO... Best RKO ever. Glad Orton won, too.

Sting vs. HHH was okay, I suppose. nWo and DX coming out was pretty sweet. Especially when HBK was in the ring and did the Sweet Chin Music on Sting. Kinda bummed that Sting lost though.

That segment though... Ronda Rousey and The Rock... Let's just leave it at Ronda Rousey man. Wow. I wish she would've decked Stephanie, honestly. But Ronda Rousey... Lord.

Bray vs. Undertaker was probably worst match of the night, but it was good to see Undertaker back in the ring. He looks like he's only got a couple matches left in him. Hopefully it gets used wisely.

That main event man. I was pulling for Reigns from the beginning. It was horrible watching him get fucked up like he did, but when he started laughing, I knew something was coming. The two spears got me so fucking hyped. Rollins cashing in and winning was expected, but not exactly the way it happened.

All in all, I give Wrestlemania an 8/10. A lot better than I thought it would be, to be honest. I'm glad I watched it.

You forgot Rusev vs. Cena
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 10:17 am

It was a good night of wrestling with a whole lot of potential to be a great wrestlemania that had good to awesome matches, but the booking took me out of it.  I hated Sting vs Trips, because they forcefully made it about conquering WCW when the feud was never about that.  Also, holy shit, Triple H's terminator entrance was horrendous, and Sting's Beijing Olympic drum line made zero sense.  The match could've been something special, but it got bogged down, to me, with the unprecedented DX run-in, and the ensuing nWo assist.  It would be different if they were going to do anything with either faction post-mania, or if either of them really had a reason to back their pony in battle, but they wont and they didn't.  Also, hey, great selling by Triple H post-match by coming out in a suit and cutting one of his 15 minute Raw promos that also went nowhere.

Someone also needs to tell commentary that the way you make a 'wrestlemania moment' is by calling it like a winning superbowl touchdown, and not by forcing the idea that it's a wrestlemania moment by incessantly beating me over the head with the term 'wrestlemania moment'.

I'm also kind of sick of the focus on the established instead of making new stars.  Rusev didn't have to win against Cena, but it would've been nice if he came out looking as dominant as he did a week prior to Cena STF'ing him into the match.  The Andre the Giant Battle Royal should have never been won by Big Show or put on the pre-show if we're ever to take it as a serious career legitimizer like Money in the Bank, King of the Ring, or Royal Rumble. There were a lot of hungry guys with nothing to do after 'mania in that bout that stood to gain something from winning it, and none of their names were Big Show.  I'm a bit more lenient on Bray vs Taker, because Bray's been damaged goods for almost a year now and both men needed the victory, but man...Taker isn't going to be on Raw tonight, or next week, or next month. Bray will be.

Everything involving Rollins was awesome, including the finish to the show.  The ladder match delivered the brutality, and as mentioned before, the opening tag match was great.  Even the diva's tag wasn't a bad little outing.  

A great card of wrestling with not-so-great booking.  To me, Wrestlemania felt like a good episode of Raw, which is something you really don't see anymore, but still.  Wrestlemania should be the future coming into it's own and a showcase of the immortals, not 19 men getting their legs cut out from under them or the talent search for Santino's next tag partner.  I give this year a 7/10 simply for workrate, but nothing about the booking made me happy outside of the main event.  Maybe that's me being a jaded old fogey refusing to see the shiny side of the coin, but yeah.  This had the potential to be the best 'mania ever, and maybe that build up in my mind clashing with the reality of it all was what crushed it's luster for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 1:11 pm

Ladder Match – Yeah, this was pretty much every Money in the Bank ever, it was always gonna be a complete spotfest but they did as well as they could and it was a fun match, not sure what the point of R-Truth had being in this. Harper looked like a legit badass in this and the Ambrose spot was brutal.  JBL calling Bryan a ‘farm animal’ and making ye-ha noises while Bryan was climbing the ladder was so cringeworthy, he’s a horrible commentator. ***

Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins – Orton is just so boring to me that it’s hard to get into his matches at all and this one just felt like it dragged on and on and probably felt longer than it actually was. The Curb Stomp into the RKO was phenomenal though. ** ¾

HHH vs Sting – Complete wrestlecrap. HHH’s entrance was so corny and I had no idea how Sting’s even fit him. That being said, they had a nice start to the match and Sting looked really good, much better than he did for the majority of his TNA run and he busted out some sweet moves. As a straight match, this was shaping up to be pretty good but I have no idea what the hell they were going for with the DX/nWo thing. If it was just DX helping Hunter, I could understand but why on earth is the nWo helping a guy who spent most of their run trying to put them down? Why is Hall and Nash helping Sting and not their buddy Hunter? Why is there a rope break in a no DQ match?  The baseball bat breaking the Sledgehammer in half perfectly was hilarious and of course, Hunter just HAD to beat Sting in his debut match, gotta massage that massive ego of his. Then they shake hands after the match, because I’ve no idea how HHH gained Stings respect. This was Vince Russo levels of bad. DUD.

AJ Lee/Paige vs Bella’s – This was a perfect ably fine Diva’s match, they had a nice story with making it into a handicap match and the right people went over. **

John Cena vs Rusev – Rusev’s entrance coming out in an army tank was boss and this was a great match that I think made Rusev look pretty good.  These two really brought it and I really enjoyed this match, Cena’s springboard Stunner was amazing. The finish felt flat and I think they could have been given a bit more time but still, very good United States title match. ****

HHH not selling his match and coming out as fresh as a daisy in his suit just sums him up so perfectly, the Authority seem pretty meh and I’m not a fan of modern day Rocks promos at all. That being said, I marked like a little girl when Ronda Rousey came into the ring. Segment dragged a bit but anything with Ronda Rousey is always cool, hopefully she comes back to give Steph an armbar soon.

Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker – This wasn’t bad but it was pretty dull, the first half of the match felt like an ‘Undertaker’s Greatest Hits’ match and then the second half they just went into a finisher-spam fest. Not much to talk about at all with this but the Spider-walk/Sit-up was a pretty damn cool visual. **

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar – Holy shit this was so much better than I thought it would be. Both Brock and Reigns brought it brilliantly, with Reigns just taking an absolute ass-kicking and he just kept getting up and laughing at Lesnar. Lesnar was just his usual self, I loved the whole shouting ‘Suplex City Bitch’ and then taking off his gloves just so he can slap the shit out of Reigns. Lesnar eating three superman punches, two spears and a curb stomp while pissing blood and STILL getting up was amazing and I was marking out so much in this match, the Rollins cash-in was executed brilliantly too. Can’t find a single thing to complain about this match, it was pretty damn perfect and one of the best Mania main events I’ve seen. *****

Overall – The show was pretty underwheleming, Cena-Rusev and Brock/Reigns delivered big time but I don’t think anything else did, the booking in some of the matches left a lot to be desired for and compared to Wrestlemania 30 this doesn’t hold up as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 1:28 pm

Zack_Crash wrote:
Jacob Steele wrote:

You forgot Rusev vs. Cena
Oh thanks haha.

I highly enjoyed Rusev vs. Cena. It was one of the more entertaining matches of the night to me. Obviously the spot of the match is either between Cena breaking the submission or the AA after Rusev slammed into Lana. Easily could be match of the night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 6:07 pm

Overall I enjoyed Wrestlemania. It wasn't great, but it was a decent event that provided plenty of entertainment. 

- Ladder Match: This match was a typical ladder match with lots of spotfests, with each wrestler getting their chance to climb the ladder. I wasn't surprised that Bryan won. The only thing that I thought was bad about this match was R-Truth being afraid of heights (maybe I've missed something).

- Orton/Rollins: I'm not a huge Orton fan, but this match was fairly solid and did both wrestlers justice. Orton got his revenge, and Rollins looked strong. 

- HHH/Sting: I'm not sure how I feel about this match, part of me like it, but another hated it. HHH's entrance was cringeworthy, and Sting's just didn't fit. Sting is probably my favourite wrestler of all time, and while I was excited to see him finally step foot in a WWE ring, I am not convinced it was handled well (and perhaps this confirms Sting's original suspicion of how the WWE would have used him). 

Like most, I think that HHH winning was part of his egotrip and to prove a point - that he is the guy. I actually enjoyed the part where they brought out DX to help HHH, and when Sting fought them, it made Sting look strong and like the Sting of old. It also helped the story that Sting was fighting injustice and that he wanted to take HHH down. But in the end I feel they over did it: too much interference, the nWo coming out, and then the handshake at the end felt forced. 

The conclusion I draw from Sting's run is that he that he joined the WWE for a big pay day, a match at Wrestlemania, and likely hall of fame induction. But in the end his run has amounted to nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

- AJ/Paige vs Bella: Fairly entertaining match.

- Cena/Rusev: Another entertaining match, and I don't often say that about matches that involved John Cena. I'd have preferred Rusev winning, but I guess this reaffirms the WWE's plan to make the IC and US titles more important by putting them on two of their most popular wrestlers.    

- Bray/Taker: It was good to see Taker in better shape this year, but when the highlight of the match was the Spider-walk/Sit-up, that says a lot about the action. I think Taker proved he had another match in him, and will probably have another next year, but whether it was acting or not, there were times in the match where he looked like he was running on fumes. For me, Taker winning doesn't really hurt Bray because it's Taker, but I think this match could have been so much more if they really wanted to pass the torch onto Bray. 

- Reigns/Lesnar: This was the match of the night, but it felt totally out of place in today's WWE. It was brutal when Lesnar was beating the shit out of Reigns, and Reigns sold it very well, especially the taunting Lesnar by laughing and daring him on. Then Lesnar got busted open (though I'm not sure whether he bladed or simply took a legit shot that cut him). And when Reigns got his moment, he took it and Lesnar sold it well. When Rollins came running down  and got in the ring, I honestly thought that Lesnar would still win the match. The ending was executed well, and I'm glad Rollins got the win and the title. 

---

Overall grade? 

I'd probably say that it deserves a solid 'C'. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'd only give 4/5 stars to two of the matches, and the rest were either solid or ok but disappointing in some way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 6:18 pm

In regards to the nWo coming out to save Sting. I know some view it as being totally out of place considering the war they fought against each other in WCW, but I don't see it that way. 

They fought their battles in WCW, for control of WCW, or its soul if you will. What they did helped WCW go toe-to-toe with the WWE in the Monday Night War, and at one point, they got ahead in the ratings. So as rivals they made history together. Storyline wise they hated each other's guts, but perhaps what the WWE went for in this instance (rightly or wrongly), was that despite their differences they were WCW brothers. And as such, they came to Sting's aid because they were WCW guys, helping the guy who embodied what WCW was all about. 

What's the saying... the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

I think that's the justification here. I know Sting said it wasn't WCW vs WWE, but that's what they made it, and perhaps that's why they brought out the nWo to help Sting because they all embodied WCW in the 1990s, going up against DX and HHH who were a big part of the attitude era in the WWE.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 6:40 pm

It wasn't the best, but I feel that the match results/booking was definitely on point. I doubt I will watch this WM again, but I feel it could mean great things going forward (tho this is WWE the kings of momentum killing).
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread EmptyMarch 31st 2015, 12:21 pm

Ladder Match - Pretty much what I expected of it, which was AWESOME!

Orton vs. Rollins - Not a bad match, but not great either.  I enjoyed it, but thought it was just average, although that RKO spot is the Spot of the Night and the best RKO I've ever seen.

Triple vs. Sting - I'm one of the few who seems to have enjoyed this match.  While it wasn't the mat classic myself and everyone else was hoping for, I do feel it was a fun match.  Let me emphasis "fun".  Sometimes matches aren't enjoyable because of the wrestling but for other reasons, and I feel this was one of them.  Although they overdid it with Triple H's Terminator entrance.  Seriously, it was way too obvious they were just promoting their sponsor.  The only cool part was the collection of Terminator heads Triple H held up, and that was about it.

Diva Tag Team - While a better match than I expected, I still don't care about it

Rusev vs. Cena - I personally felt this was the match of the night.  Rusev looked great, Cena pulled out some new moves, and more importantly it put Rusev over in a big way, even though he lost.  By losing to Cena, it's showing that ONLY the top guy has been able to stop Rusev so far.  Not to mention Rusev's entrance was amazing!

Taker vs. Bray Wyatt - While still not in peek form, Taker gave us a better showing than last year.  This was another match that I felt was just average.  Not bad, but not great either.  Still enjoyed it, although I wish Wyatt had gone over.  There is a rumor however that they'll have another match next year and THAT will be Taker's official last match, since it'll be in his home state.

Reigns vs. Lesnar - While I did enjoy watching another dominating show from Lesnar and Rollins cash in later, I felt Roman deserved better than this.  Cena getting dominated is fine because being a top guy, and Lesnar being established it doesn't hurt Cena as much and he can recover quickly.  Doing it to a guy on the rise really hurts him more than it helps him.  Yeah he looked tough for taking all the abuse well, but he didn't look strong which is what they needed to do as well.  Still enjoyed watching it however, just felt they kinda wasted all the push they gave Reigns so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread   Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Post WrestleMania 31 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-