Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? Empty
PostSubject: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 6:57 am

As viewers, I'm sure you all have individual preferences in regards to this sort of thing. For instance, while I enjoy the wrestling matches themselves on the occasion I do watch, the production values and the presentation looking professional is fairly critical, too. Out of production values/visual presentation, segments/interviews/storylines, or the actual wrestling matches themselves, what is most conducive to your entertainment?

Myself, I'd go with the interviews, segments, and storylines. Without the drama, personalities, and character development, I don't think wrestling in the US could survive in the modern world. This is why I take no issue in WWE straying from its origins as a wrestling promotion.

Furthermore, would you still enjoy wrestling as much as you do if all it had to offer was the matches themselves and no characters or storylines?

Last edited by Y2Impact on March 8th 2015, 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 6:59 am

The wrestling ofc.
Back to top Go down
Draven

Draven

Hailing From : Parts,Unknown
Status : All of those who spread evil and do not accept the word of God shall parish

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 9:24 am

AS in any sport where two or multiple opponents fight the build of for that match is the most important. Some wrestlers you just know are a dream matchup like Triple H and sting while others need the skits and diffrent storylines to build them up. For me a perfect example of this is Daniel Bryan and Roman Reings at first i know i was not that excited about seeing that match until week after week they gave us a litttle more, and by the time they were brawling on raw the Monday before Fastlane i was hooked in.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 10:01 am

OK.... As far as I'm concerned Storyline is definitely important... But Storylines don't work out AT ALL unless you have talented wrestlers that are doing the Storylines. Basically, what I'm trying to say is the wrestling portion and the entertainment portion are equal in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 11:16 am

When it comes to the WWE? They haven't been a "wrestling first" product in 20 years at least so while I may watch NJPW or RoH or LU and applaud the quality of wrestling, I don't expect that from the WWE. I'll cop it for this but whatever, I've always seen them as an entertainment product. The segments, even the drawn out ones, the drama, the characters, the build to PPVs, I'd miss it dearly if they ever became a show focused on wrestling. 

I do however find it funny when commentators, performers and fans take shots at the WWE by driving home the point of "this is wrestling". It's apples and oranges IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 11:36 am

The in ring action.

At the end of the day thats what people come to see. Even casual viewers/new viewers expect to see some great in ring action, thats the draw. That will always be the dealbreaker for a wrestling promotion. Its great to have beer truck moments, and Santino draws a few chuckles, but thats the icing on the cake (and think about how important icing on the cake is, its essential, its necessary, but its not the cake). The in ring action is the cake, and if your company guy cant even do a dropkick correctly or has to rely on 10000 punches with the same 3 moves and trash psychology, youre doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 12:29 pm

The wrestling and the storylines are equally important imo. If you are a shit wrestler, it makes it hard to take you seriously when the storyline tries to present you as a badass (see Roman Reigns). If you are booked terribly with a stupid gimmick despite being a decent wrestler, it makes it hard to care about your matches (see Adam Rose). You need both to be effective. 

Production value is less important to me, WWE has probably the best production but is often the least enjoyable show. The commentary is more important to me, I'd rather have no commentary than terrible commentary which hurts the show immensely. One thing that WWE does that makes me rage is the commentators talk during promos, or they comment on backstage segments that seem like they should be private (like wrestlers scheming together and shit), TNA is better with this with the whole hidden camera setup they have.

Another thing that is extremely important is that faces need to be legitimately cool. John Cena is not cool. The Usos are not cool. In real life sure you would probably like these people despite not being cool, but this is a TV show and you aren't going to invest in these characters unless they are cool.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 1:23 pm

Methuselah wrote:
The in ring action.

At the end of the day thats what people come to see. Even casual viewers/new viewers expect to see some great in ring action, thats the draw. That will always be the dealbreaker for a wrestling promotion. Its great to have beer truck moments, and Santino draws a few chuckles, but thats the icing on the cake (and think about how important icing on the cake is, its essential, its necessary, but its not the cake). The in ring action is the cake, and if your company guy cant even do a dropkick correctly or has to rely on 10000 punches with the same 3 moves and trash psychology, youre doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? EmptyMarch 8th 2015, 1:45 pm

Wrestling with good storylines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?   What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the most important part of a wrestling show to you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-