Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso Empty
PostSubject: Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso   Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 10:42 am

Thoughts? Comments? Pleased? Upset?

Here's my thought: There goes Lesean McCoy's career.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso   Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 11:44 am

I'm from the Philly area and can say 99% of people are upset and confused with Chip Kelly.

Because I'm not an Eagles fan, my unbiased opinion is it's only a good move if they believe McCoy's production is going to start declining. I think McCoy has been the best rb in the league but a rb's prime typically doesn't last long and they freed up a lot of cap space with the move.

I liked McCoy in Philly but we're going to have to see what they do with the cap space to see if it was a good move. Also, the reaction around here has been hugely negative to Kiko Alonso, a lot of people not even knowing who he is. I thought he was great his rookie year and he can bring long-term value at very little cap space at the moment.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso   Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 12:41 pm

Eagles are about to have near $30m in cap-space, and for that reason, I LOVE the move. Running backs like McCoy tend to decline quicker, so I like this deal long-term. I think LeSean still has a few great years in him, so I expect the media to be all "Wow, the Eagles made a terrible trade, look at how much Shady is tearing up the league right now," this year. But that'll be a narrow-sighted view on this deal - because when you factor in the cap space that will be used to vastly improve that defense, along with not paying $12m to a 2nd-3rd tier RB 2 years from now... great deal.

It'll hurt this year offensively, no matter if Alonso becomes a pro bowl LB - but I honestly believe this makes the Eagles a better team. Running backs aren't as important anymore. You only pay the elite ones (Peterson, Bell, Charles, etc etc)... anyone past that, you're better off spending that $ else where. And that's exactly what Philadelphia is doing. 

I mostly focused on Philadelphia, due to them getting the criticism in this deal - but I also love it from Buffalo's point of view. They can afford to lose a linebacker coming off an injury just based on the fact they have the best front-four in the league. Any NFL-caliber LB can be productive behind that. And you don't want to continue to rely on Fred Jackson hopefully keeping father time at bay. Buffalo needed a game-breaker offensively, and you have one now. Makes me wonder about teams around the league - and not wanting to pay Murray's price tag/asking price. Regardless, good deal on both ends... I'm sure 5 years from now there will be a loser in this trade. But for right now, I understand it.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

PostSubject: Re: Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso   Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 2:49 pm

Chip Kelly is clearing house. Just hope we sign Revis and trade for Foles when we draft Mariota. I'm a Jets fan btw
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso   Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 7:01 pm

In my honest opinion, sheerly based on how Alonso played in his rookie season, if he repeats that performance as a 3-4 MLB (Which he trained for when Pettine changed him from a 4-3 OLB), he could be close to a Top 5 MLB in the league (9ers duo, Keuchly and Wagner rounding up the other 4). As a result, yes, I think the trade is worth it. If the Bills can fix up their O-Line, they at least have ONE offensive weapon who isn't Sammy Watkins they can rely on, while they proved they don't need Alonso for their defense to be good/great. Throw in the money element, and I think this benefits both teams well.

Also, Alonso went to Oregon, so...GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso   Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso EmptyMarch 5th 2015, 1:08 pm

I think this is a good trade for the Eagles as long as they don't trade the farm for Mariota. They needed a lot of help in defense and this is indeed a good pick up. I concur with Ken that although Lesean McCoy at his best could perform like the best running back in any given week? I do think that while Lesean McCoy is more valuable than Kiko Alonso, he's not nine times more valuable in terms of salary. But the Eagles have to be really smart about building a team. Last time the Eagles had a lot of money to spend was during the 2011 offseason and the Eagles were very underwhelming with an 8-8 record. If they are building a team primarily free agency, I don't exactly like it. But it's a good trade in my opinion

As for the Bills....? The have a playmaker in Lesean McCoy and that is great. But if they want to make the playoffs, much less topple the Patriots in that division, they really need to fix their O-Line. I don't really like the QB situation that much in Buffalo, but the O-Line is the biggest concern. This trade would be useless if that O-Line does not get fixed. I don't care how talented you are as a running back. A running back's best friend is an O-Line. Why put another layer of gold on the Bentley when you're losing an engine? Getting a receiving threat not named Sammy Watkins is a bit spoilish, but it does not hurt. Perhaps Michael Crabtree would be a very good number two. The Bills are only a few fix on the O-Lines and a receiving threat away before I can really take the Bills in a more serious manner.
Back to top Go down
http://rocketcris.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso   Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso Empty

Back to top Go down

Eagles to trade LeSean McCoy to Bills for Kiko Alonso

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1