Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Q & A - Page 6 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Q & A - Page 6 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Q & A - Page 6 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Q & A - Page 6 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Q & A - Page 6 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Q & A - Page 6 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Q & A - Page 6 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Q & A - Page 6 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Q & A

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyFebruary 24th 2015, 6:07 pm

Yea there was a thread about that on our old site. You can make a new 1 if ya want.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 1:32 pm

This question goes to the all the writers here:

How do you judge people's promos? Do you judge it by how well they play their character or how well they respond to their opponents or both?  

I have another question, which in my opinion is a pretty complicated concept in e-feds in particular, what makes someone a PURE baby face AND a good promoer? I am trying to promo as a face right now and one thing I have realized is that playing a nice and respectful guy isn't simply going to cut it here, it probably isn't going to make me win a lot of matches and it probably will make my promos boring and repetitive. From what I understand, if I want to win a promo battle then I have to "insult" (okay maybe "insult" doesn't fit here but its the only word I can of right now) people on who they are and what they do, but I feel like that would make me a tweener or even a heel. I know I won my last week's match but I am still not sure how well I did and if I did correctly. I can't read any face promos here in EAW because everyone seems to be playing a heel or tweener. I don't think I can look at any good faces in WWE or other wrestling promotions because their success is based on their matches and not exactly promos. 

I am really curious to what you guys have to say. I might have to change the way I promo based on your responses even if its out of my  comfort zone.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 9:34 pm

Writers answer this man :demonic:
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 10:20 pm

Jack Pierce wrote:

How do you judge people's promos? Do you judge it by how well they play their character or how well they respond to their opponents or both?  

I have another question, which in my opinion is a pretty complicated concept in e-feds in particular, what makes someone a PURE baby face AND a good promoer? I am trying to promo as a face right now and one thing I have realized is that playing a nice and respectful guy isn't simply going to cut it here, it probably isn't going to make me win a lot of matches and it probably will make my promos boring and repetitive. From what I understand, if I want to win a promo battle then I have to "insult" (okay maybe "insult" doesn't fit here but its the only word I can of right now) people on who they are and what they do, but I feel like that would make me a tweener or even a heel. I know I won my last week's match but I am still not sure how well I did and if I did correctly. I can't read any face promos here in EAW because everyone seems to be playing a heel or tweener. I don't think I can look at any good faces in WWE or other wrestling promotions because their success is based on their matches and not exactly promos. 

I am really curious to what you guys have to say. I might have to change the way I promo based on your responses even if its out of my  comfort zone.

I'm no writer, but I feel I can kinda answer these anyway. Happy for the writers to correct me if I'm wrong.

Promos are generally judged on both as far as I know. If you can do both, you're doing really well. One thing in EAW and even efeds in general is a lot of people don't really have a gimmick so much as they do a character description if you know what I mean. If you do have some type of gimmick (my character Clark Duncan for example is a comedian/funny guy/joker who doesn't take himself seriously but is a hard worker and is passionate about wrestling and doing well), if you play on that in you promos, writers do notice that and appreciate that. It's not easy to do.

I don't want to brag, but I've basically been a face my whole time in EAW (I was Eddie Mack before), and I think I've done it really well. It's not easy to do, but you really just have to use the insults and stuff your opponents use as turn that against them. With my character and gimmick, I've got plenty of ways to 'have fun' and go about promoing. I think being able to not swear/insult or get super aggressive and counter anything your opponents say is a good start.

I've read a couple of your promos man, you're doing well. Just pay attention to those who seem to be face in script (it's easier to tell with some than others) and read their promos and you should pick it up.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 4th 2015, 10:48 pm

Jack Pierce wrote:

The way I look at it isn't so much to do with morality, but crowd reaction. I don't really believe in the concept of a tweener because it's just too murky to figure out what is considered a good guy or a bad guy, a hero, or an antihero in many cases. What I would do if I was you, is look at your character and decide how you feel a real life crowd would react to your character. If you think they would cheer you then you're a face, if you think they would boo you, then you're heel. I consider tweeners to be faces since they get cheers. In other words, even if your character acts like somewhat of an asshole, as long as it makes sense that the imaginary crowd would cheer him, then I would say you are still face.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 5th 2015, 12:04 pm

Do you guys think Psycho Brody's losing streak is hurting him as a character?
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 5th 2015, 2:49 pm

TLA wrote:
Jack Pierce wrote:

The way I look at it isn't so much to do with morality, but crowd reaction. I don't really believe in the concept of a tweener because it's just too murky to figure out what is considered a good guy or a bad guy, a hero, or an antihero in many cases. What I would do if I was you, is look at your character and decide how you feel a real life crowd would react to your character. If you think they would cheer you then you're a face, if you think they would boo you, then you're heel. I consider tweeners to be faces since they get cheers. In other words, even if your character acts like somewhat of an asshole, as long as it makes sense that the imaginary crowd would cheer him, then I would say you are still face.

Thanks a lot Clark and TLA, it made me feel a lot better about my promos.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 3:01 pm

How do you vote on polls... I'm actually at a loss
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 4:16 pm

http://eawrestling.elementfx.com/reckless-wiring/

Click the images and it will take you to the polls if you're logged in on a computer/laptop, you'll be able to vote.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 13th 2015, 5:09 pm

I have 2 questions: One: may I have Jimmy Jacobs reserved for after PFP?

Two: can The New Ministry get a picture in the roster section of the main site with all the tags and stables? Thank you
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 13th 2015, 6:04 pm

Kerry Keller wrote:
I have 2 questions: One: may I have Jimmy Jacobs reserved for after PFP?

Two: can The New Ministry get a picture in the roster section of the main site with all the tags and stables? Thank you
Q1: Gotta contact the owners in the chatroom, since you are mostly there.

Q2: Not in my hands :shrug: . Gotta ask that old guy DDD
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 13th 2015, 6:12 pm

Sorry, due to my technolgical difficulties (I don't have a computer, I do this all on my smartphone) I can't get in the XAT so... Maybe you can talk to them for me?
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 13th 2015, 6:14 pm

Kerry Keller wrote:
Sorry, due to my technolgical difficulties (I don't have a computer, I do this all on my smartphone) I can't get in the XAT so... Maybe you can talk to them for me?
You really use a smartphone? Damn....that must be hard. Sure, I will talk to them :thepool:

reminder: if you don't do something for me within the next 90 days, you shall suffer the consequences...
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 13th 2015, 6:19 pm

It's quite the hardship, not many people get that I'm legitimately passionate about E-Fedding and especially this company, if I thought it wasn't worth it to continue with the technological handicap I have, I would've quit a long time ago. But, I love this company to death and it's fucking amazing here, you're all awesome people and I'm happy about my decision to stay
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 13th 2015, 6:50 pm

I'll reserve Jimmy for ya and I'll update the roster next week.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 13th 2015, 6:58 pm

Thank you, I appreciate it
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 13th 2015, 7:29 pm

Speaking of reserving. Could I get my current unoffical pic base reserved? (The Brian Kendrick) Please? Smile
Back to top Go down
Draven

Draven

Hailing From : Parts,Unknown
Status : All of those who spread evil and do not accept the word of God shall parish

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 14th 2015, 9:55 am

After what happened with my mistake yesterday. How do managers work in EAW? I would like to make a manager for The New Ministry because the original one had one and it feels weird without a manager.
Back to top Go down
Draven

Draven

Status : All of those who spread evil and do not accept the word of God shall parish

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 15th 2015, 1:47 pm

No awnser well then
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 15th 2015, 3:59 pm

Dont know what went down yesterday but you're always able to create a manager
Back to top Go down
Draven

Draven

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 16th 2015, 10:16 am

can i reserve Krimson for after pain for pride?
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 19th 2015, 3:49 pm

Draven wrote:
can i reserve Krimson for after pain for pride?

Dont know if you were told this but yeah your picbase is Krimson now, and you will not be allowed to change after Pain For Pride because your picbase change got bumped up.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 3:23 am

I have a question or two...

Q1: I would like to use Stevie Richards face for my character's manager/doctor....would that be ok?

Q2: Do I have to always post  my roleplay as a reply  in promoz or can I start a new thread?
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 3:34 am

1.) Yes, you can have a manager.
2.) You have to post it as a reply like everyone else.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 EmptyMarch 21st 2015, 3:42 am

Jah Hendrix (TRE) wrote:
1.) Yes, you can have a manager.
2.) You have to post it as a reply like everyone else.
Thankies  🤡 albino 🐱
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Q & A - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Q & A

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-