Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What GFW is supposed to be like. SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What GFW is supposed to be like. SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
What GFW is supposed to be like. Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
What GFW is supposed to be like. Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
What GFW is supposed to be like. Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
What GFW is supposed to be like. Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
What GFW is supposed to be like. Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
What GFW is supposed to be like. Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

What GFW is supposed to be like.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What GFW is supposed to be like. Empty
PostSubject: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 27th 2014, 9:07 pm

For the past several weeks, Jeff Jarrett, a former WWE intercontinental champion and the co-founder of TNA, has been scouting venues in New York, Dallas and Los Angeles for his new Global Force Wrestling (GFW) group while negotiating with sponsors and television networks. “Any network that’s lucky enough to land GFW,” he proclaims, “will hit the jackpot.”

Jarrett views the professional wrestling landscape as a limitless bounty.

“The business is as healthy as it’s been since the (regional) territory days,” he says. “The talent pool is there. If you go to an indie show, you might see two or three high-quality matches. You wouldn’t say that a few years ago. They just need the stage. I have a database with 500 talents throughout the world. I’m not talking about good talent. I’m saying there’s great talent out there.”

“I think there could be three, four or five wrestling promotions if each is unique.”

And he’d have no reticence about working with any of them. Jarrett says he has agreements in place with 13 wrestling organizations on five continents.

In Jarrett’s vision, GFW will have a touring champion—like Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race and Jack Brisco in the NWA’s heyday—defending his prestigious title on shows for various promotions. “In WWE’s universe, nothing else exists,” he says. “We’re not going to do that.”

The plan is for GFW to partner with existing powerhouses like AAA and New Japan, a formula that apparently flourishes overseas. “The big main event, the big fight, works in boxing and UFC,” Jarrett says. “And we need to focus on that.”

In August, he attended the finals of New Japan’s G-1 tournament, which drew standing-room-only crowds and high-profile media coverage daily. Among the entrants: former TNA world heavyweight champion AJ Styles, ex-WWE wrestlers Shelton Benjamin and Doc Gallows (who previously wrestled as Festus and Luke Gallows, respectively) and Davey Boy Smith, Jr., son of the late British Bulldog.

Each night brought unexpected swerves and greater anticipation until Kazuchika Okada defeated Shinsuke Nakamura in a thrilling match that felt every bit as spectacular as any sport's season finale.

“Wrestling has been around even before television,” Jarrett says. “It’s Shakespeare to the masses. It’s Hollywood. It’s athleticism. It’s music. Putting all these things together is like producing a hit song. I mean, what makes a hit? Is it the singer or the song? It’s both.”

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 27th 2014, 9:24 pm

I'm not reading all that I will just watch it when it comes out to see what it is.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 27th 2014, 9:42 pm

TLA wrote:
I'm not reading all that I will just watch it when it comes out to see what it is.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 27th 2014, 10:27 pm

Just read what's underlined.  :dahell:
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 27th 2014, 10:34 pm

MTM wrote:
Just read what's underlined.  :dahell:
This.  :snoop:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 28th 2014, 6:49 am

So basically it's another indy fed with TV.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 28th 2014, 9:38 am

Prodigy. wrote:
TLA wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 28th 2014, 11:27 am

With a touring world champion.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. EmptySeptember 28th 2014, 3:22 pm

WON'T WORK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What GFW is supposed to be like.   What GFW is supposed to be like. Empty

Back to top Go down

What GFW is supposed to be like.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1