Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan Savage
Dynasty
Dynasty
Ryan Savage

Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? Empty
PostSubject: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 8:57 am

The video basically talks about WWE planning on introducing the women's tag team division for both RAW and Smackdown LIVE and this was pretty much hinted by Lita during her Q&A over in Paris. I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts and opinions on WWE introducing the tag titles for both brands and expanding the women's division by inserting the women's tag team division.

For this to work they would literally have to overhaul a lot of talent from the Mae Young Classic and from NXT to the main roster. and to be honest I think it could work considering there are like 4-5 women being used for the women's championship on both brand. But if they were to move forward with the idea of having a women's tag team championship for both brands then this is a rough draft of what it should look like starting out if they were to just straightly put the idea on the main roster. The women I would call up to bolster up
both divisions are

Mia Yim
Marti Bell
Mercedes Martinez
Shayna Baszler
Nikki Cross
Ruby Riot
Abbey Laith

RAW Women's title picture
Alexa Bliss
Mickie James
Nia Jax
Asuka
AliciaFox

RAW Women's Tag Team Division
Emma and Dana Brooke (Heel)
Sasha Banks and Bayley (face)
Mia Yim and Marti Bell (TNA's Dollhouse) (Face)
Mercedes Martinez and Shayna Baszler (Heel)

Smackdown Women's Title Picture
Natalya
Charlotte
Carmella
Paige

Smackdown Women's Tag Team Division
Lana and Tamina (Heel)
The Iconic Duo (Heel)
Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross (Face/Heel)
Abbey Laith and Becky Lynch (if Toni Storm signs with WWE I would put those two together as the pure babyface tag team) (face)
The Bella Twins (They can be interchangeable to either RAW or Smackdown depending on who needs them the most when they return) (Face)

It may not be the best looking division but this is how I would go about it but if they do introduce a tag team division with the women then I would start it out in NXT since they have plenty of women to use for that division. The only issue I have with both NXT and Smackdown having a tag team division within the women's division is time. Even though NXT has done a wonderful job rotating their talents and giving them the spotlight effectively making the stars on there feel fresh and not overexposed but I feel it would be tricky to try and juggle putting the spotlight on the newly women's tag team division along with the women vying for the nxt women's championship.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 1:35 pm

I don't like the idea of all the brands having titles, imo it should be interbranded tag titles. No way WWE will give enough time for good women's tag teams on each brand, at least interbranded they could build up teams on both brands for one title and have cool interbrand wars.
Back to top Go down
Amani
Empire
Empire
Amani

Hailing From : Chiraq

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 2:05 pm

Pls no
Back to top Go down
DampshawIII
Dynasty
Dynasty
DampshawIII

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 2:13 pm

Anything as long as you keep Marti Belle away from my TV screen. I still have flashbacks to her match against Rachel Evers in the Mae Young Classic.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 3:49 pm

I think it's a great idea Ryan. Very convincing points my man!  :bolieve:
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

Hailing From : Virgina Beach, Va (Originally from Brooklyn, New York)

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 6:28 pm

omg i would love to see Mia Yim and Marti Belle in WWE! Also, They should sign Renee Michelle. That would be amazing! Met her a few times at indie shows. One of the only women wrestlers that actually listens to her fans. And Quite an interesting wrestler as well.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Ella Ava
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cameron Ella Ava

Hailing From : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 9:23 pm

Yay! I can't wait for the same four women to team up and go after the tag belts! Honestly, the men's Tag Team Division is so dead (or at least Smackdown's), what makes you think that they will treat the Womens Division right? You give the WWE so much credit that they won't fuck this up. I mean, they've done soooooo well with the Cruiserweights (before the Enzo fuckery). Besides, the WWE has this fetish with splitting tag teams out of the blue and making random ass teams that go no where at all. Besides, you will get the dumb complaints about teams needing to break up, even though they need a tag division or one of the women needing to be in the Womens Championship picture. Even with the amount of women, you seriously think that WWE is really going to call up ALL those women up to the roster at once? If you just call up a bunch of women at once, what is going to make me care about them? What is going to make the casual fan care about them (might have worked with Charlotte, Becky and Sasha), but I feel like it will be a clusterfuck with all those women at once. I feel like Womens Tag Titles would work if the Women had Network show of their own, where they are given the time to shine, develop their characters and compelling storylines. Get Triple H to run it and it will be a hit! Put the RAW and Smackdown women on there too!

I don't understand what's people's obsession with Womens Tag Team Championships. The idea would crash and burn. I'd say no.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

Hailing From : Virgina Beach, Va (Originally from Brooklyn, New York)

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 7th 2017, 9:33 pm

Cameron Ella Ava wrote:
Yay! I can't wait for the same four women to team up and go after the tag belts! Honestly, the men's Tag Team Division is so dead (or at least Smackdown's), what makes you think that they will treat the Womens Division right? You give the WWE so much credit that they won't fuck this up. I mean, they've done soooooo well with the Cruiserweights (before the Enzo fuckery). Besides, the WWE has this fetish with splitting tag teams out of the blue and making random ass teams that go no where at all. Besides, you will get the dumb complaints about teams needing to break up, even though they need a tag division or one of the women needing to be in the Womens Championship picture. Even with the amount of women, you seriously think that WWE is really going to call up ALL those women up to the roster at once? If you just call up a bunch of women at once, what is going to make me care about them? What is going to make the casual fan care about them (might have worked with Charlotte, Becky and Sasha), but I feel like it will be a clusterfuck with all those women at once. I feel like Womens Tag Titles would work if the Women had Network show of their own, where they are given the time to shine, develop their characters and compelling storylines. Get Triple H to run it and it will be a hit! Put the RAW and Smackdown women on there too!

I don't understand what's people's obsession with Womens Tag Team Championships. The idea would crash and burn. I'd say no.

Preach!!!

:yes: :salute:
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 8th 2017, 1:34 am

naah, just make another belt for NXT and we're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Voltage
Voltage
Finnegan Wakefield

Hailing From : Great Britain (actually Australia)

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 8th 2017, 2:33 am

I'm honestly against the idea of a women's tag team title in the WWE period. If TNA was an indicator of anything that might be a good idea on paper but in the long term is a horrible idea, it was the Knockouts Tag Team Championships. WWE is horrible at managing tag teams as well as a majority of their female talent, so giving them an "oh, you're not as good as Sasha or Bayley" prize will just be a waste of viewer time. At the moment, there are like 3 competent teams for Women as a whole. Becky & Charlotte (loose), Kay & Royce and Bliss & Jax (also loose). Even if they brought up talents from NXT or their performance center A) How much time would WWE dedicate to booking it to matter (the answer is none) and B) Will the makeshift teams make people interested (the answer is no).

WWE seems to have a fetish for making more belts that will dissect the roster into smaller groups with their own glass ceilings (Cruiserweight & United Kingdom specifically) to give them a vibe of "Well, you're doing something, it'll just not go very far." Ideally, belts like these are shackles of sorts (although the UK one is quite useful for talent in the indies to gain credibility on their market). Adding these belts will only shackle up an already shackled women's division.
Back to top Go down
Keelan
Voltage
Voltage
Keelan

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 8th 2017, 3:03 am

Finnegan Wakefield wrote:
I'm honestly against the idea of a women's tag team title in the WWE period. If TNA was an indicator of anything that might be a good idea on paper but in the long term is a horrible idea, it was the Knockouts Tag Team Championships. WWE is horrible at managing tag teams as well as a majority of their female talent, so giving them an "oh, you're not as good as Sasha or Bayley" prize will just be a waste of viewer time. At the moment, there are like 3 competent teams for Women as a whole. Becky & Charlotte (loose), Kay & Royce and Bliss & Jax (also loose). Even if they brought up talents from NXT or their performance center A) How much time would WWE dedicate to booking it to matter (the answer is none) and B) Will the makeshift teams make people interested (the answer is no).

WWE seems to have a fetish for making more belts that will dissect the roster into smaller groups with their own glass ceilings (Cruiserweight & United Kingdom specifically) to give them a vibe of "Well, you're doing something, it'll just not go very far." Ideally, belts like these are shackles of sorts (although the UK one is quite useful for talent in the indies to gain credibility on their market). Adding these belts will only shackle up an already shackled women's division.

This... ALL OF THIS. Couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 8th 2017, 6:43 am

I think there'd be a benefit to having women in tag matches, especially the ones that are underdeveloped as in-ring competitors.  Pairing up a newcomer with a talented hand that can show them the way is never a bad idea.  That's essentially what tag wrestling is made for, but I'm with the sentiment that WWE has too many belts and not enough time, energy, or effort to invest in them.

For this to happen there'd have to be a major division overhaul.  Going into the draft I was hoping that each brand would get it's own unique divisions (i.e.- Raw gets the Women, Smackdown gets the Cruiserweights, Raw gets UK, Smackdown gets tag, etc. etc.), but that's ambitious thinking that makes too much since for WWE to do.  If one brand had the women and subtracted a midcard division, then this would be a fine idea.  As it stands with the titles WWE currently has the US and IC are pretty much placeholder belts for work rate while the world title's are doing fuck all until PPV time (as it should be), the women's division on Raw comes off as a one-per-serving mess of contenders while the rest of the division suffers and is stuck in banal tag matches, the Raw tag division is all but dead due to injuries and split ups, and the Miz does what Miz does and props up the midcard talent.  On Smackdown you have AJ helping elevate Corbin and potentially Dillinger in the US scene, a neglected tag division outside of the Usos and New Day (Fashion Files are chasing nothing, Ascension's a punchline, Hype Bros keep teasing a turn or split, and Gable and Benjamin jerk curtain most weeks), and the women...are actually fairly competently booked, outside of them forgetting that Becky Lynch still exists until Charlotte needs a playmate.

There's no room for a new title there...but, if they make the horrendous idea of overly segregating divisions into their own shows, which has been rumored for the women and the UK guys since forever, then there's room for another belt, but maybe not enough intrigue for Network 'fifth brand' nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 8th 2017, 11:06 am

YES! YES! YES! FUCKING YES! I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SHIT LIKE FOREVER! 

Honestly, I agree with Jay, but for BOTH men and women's divisions. Splitting the tag division made it weaker as a whole, and it should be treated as a sub-entity (ie. cruiserweight division). It would be cool to show more tag matches on shows like Main Event.
Back to top Go down
Black Mamba
Showdown
Showdown
Black Mamba

Hailing From : Rockledge, Florida (USN-AD)

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? EmptyOctober 9th 2017, 9:42 pm

ThePizzaBoy wrote:
I think there'd be a benefit to having women in tag matches, especially the ones that are underdeveloped as in-ring competitors.  Pairing up a newcomer with a talented hand that can show them the way is never a bad idea.  That's essentially what tag wrestling is made for, but I'm with the sentiment that WWE has too many belts and not enough time, energy, or effort to invest in them.

For this to happen there'd have to be a major division overhaul.  Going into the draft I was hoping that each brand would get it's own unique divisions (i.e.- Raw gets the Women, Smackdown gets the Cruiserweights, Raw gets UK, Smackdown gets tag, etc. etc.), but that's ambitious thinking that makes too much since for WWE to do.  If one brand had the women and subtracted a midcard division, then this would be a fine idea.  As it stands with the titles WWE currently has the US and IC are pretty much placeholder belts for work rate while the world title's are doing fuck all until PPV time (as it should be), the women's division on Raw comes off as a one-per-serving mess of contenders while the rest of the division suffers and is stuck in banal tag matches, the Raw tag division is all but dead due to injuries and split ups, and the Miz does what Miz does and props up the midcard talent.  On Smackdown you have AJ helping elevate Corbin and potentially Dillinger in the US scene, a neglected tag division outside of the Usos and New Day (Fashion Files are chasing nothing, Ascension's a punchline, Hype Bros keep teasing a turn or split, and Gable and Benjamin jerk curtain most weeks), and the women...are actually fairly competently booked, outside of them forgetting that Becky Lynch still exists until Charlotte needs a playmate.

There's no room for a new title there...but, if they make the horrendous idea of overly segregating divisions into their own shows, which has been rumored for the women and the UK guys since forever, then there's room for another belt, but maybe not enough intrigue for Network 'fifth brand' nonsense.

As crazy as it sounds, the logical route would be to unify the tag titles, and the women singles titles. Cruiserweights need to get the fuck off 205 Live and be split between both brands, cruiserweight title gets the elevation and exposure needed. United Kingdom Championship goes to NXT, as i feel it needs more time, it could be the NXT's midcard championship.

World Championships stay the way they are. US and IC are kept on separate brands, but RAW needs to actually do something with their belt, it just...stays inactive. I don't think its been defended in the last year on any PPV.

Whoever is in charge of booking slash the creative teams would ruin a potential women's tag team division...NXT or main brand. They have trouble as is with their rosters split.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?   Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Women's Tag Team Division In WWE?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1