Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sandwich Boy
Showdown
Showdown
Sandwich Boy

Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Empty
PostSubject: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions EmptyJuly 15th 2017, 12:08 pm

Favorite Moment:

Favorite Scene:

Favorite Character(s) of the Chapter:

Overall Review:

Rating (0-10):
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions EmptyJuly 15th 2017, 4:17 pm

Favorite Moment: ‘Merica Man trolling about nukes, idk I found the character portrayal hilarious.

Favorite Scene:Third and sixth scene.

Favorite Character(s) of the Chapter: Saiko family have an interesting dynamic with the whole family of a hero with a traitor son and all that. I think it'll be interesting what happens with the brothers, and the general plot points about society's focus on blaming others for the action of family members. It's a hit home for me, but anyways fascinating. Also reminded me I really fell behind with the Shield Hero manga, oh well.

Overall Review: I liked it. Criticism wise:-  I think the use of the term fatal a lot for that battle place or Dangerous Game was kind of over dramatic for something that doesn't seem to focus on fatalities.  Also I was a bit confused about how powerful Murican Man is, by level a whole city, was it at once with one explosion, or over time with multiple explosions? Cause if he can level a whole city on whim idk why he wouldn't just hide somewhere and do it, and why people would care about Deku injuring him because if it's known he can level a city at once he must have done so at some point and caused a lot lives. Then again it was sort of a gag, plus perhaps it was TLA who made him too overpowered for the story. 

Rating (0-10): 7-8
Back to top Go down
Sandwich Boy
Showdown
Showdown
Sandwich Boy

PostSubject: Re: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions EmptyJuly 15th 2017, 5:30 pm

Tiberius IV wrote:
Overall Review: I liked it. Criticism wise:-  I think the use of the term fatal a lot for that battle place or Dangerous Game was kind of over dramatic for something that doesn't seem to focus on fatalities.  Also I was a bit confused about how powerful Murican Man is, by level a whole city, was it at once with one explosion, or over time with multiple explosions? Cause if he can level a whole city on whim idk why he wouldn't just hide somewhere and do it, and why people would care about Deku injuring him because if it's known he can level a city at once he must have done so at some point and caused a lot lives. Then again it was sort of a gag, plus perhaps it was TLA who made him too overpowered for the story. 
We're forced to nerf certain overpowered characters. This might continue to happen in the future chapters.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions EmptyJuly 15th 2017, 5:44 pm

John Doe wrote:
Tiberius IV wrote:
We're forced to nerf certain overpowered characters. This might continue to happen in the future chapters.
He can't blow cities up on a whim. His power is he can cause explosions but it takes longer depending on how powerful the explosion is. So if he wanted to blow up the entire city he would have to avoid the heroes for a long enough time to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sandwich Boy
Showdown
Showdown
Sandwich Boy

PostSubject: Re: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions EmptyJuly 15th 2017, 5:47 pm

TLA wrote:
John Doe wrote:
Tiberius IV wrote:
He can't blow cities up on a whim. His power is he can cause explosions but it takes longer depending on how powerful the explosion is. So if he wanted to blow up the entire city he would have to avoid the heroes for a long enough time to do it.
That's the one issue we were trying to get around.

"Why doesn't he just isolate himself for a long period of time and level cities?"

It's minor tweaks and kinks, but we'll smooth out everything in the long run. He'll prove to be essential in the plot going forward.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions EmptyJuly 15th 2017, 9:39 pm

Tiberius IV wrote:

Favorite Moment: ‘Merica Man trolling about nukes, idk I found the character portrayal hilarious.

Favorite Scene:Third and sixth scene.

Favorite Character(s) of the Chapter: Saiko family have an interesting dynamic with the whole family of a hero with a traitor son and all that. I think it'll be interesting what happens with the brothers, and the general plot points about society's focus on blaming others for the action of family members. It's a hit home for me, but anyways fascinating. Also reminded me I really fell behind with the Shield Hero manga, oh well.

Rating (0-10): 7-8

I can understand why you think "The Dangerous Game" might have been a bit exaggerated but I tried to hype it up in its debut. It was merely intended to develop the character in the scene and the rules are really open ended, so we might actually see some fatal bouts in the future. 

And as for the 'Merica man, it's really contingent on the fact that his character is meant to be played out that way. He's a great character for me to write purely based on how funny and effective I can make him in the future (think Buggy from OP) so whilst his quirk seems extremely strong, it has a good amount of limits in place. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it though and hopefully I can diminish these small things by the next chapter.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions EmptyJuly 15th 2017, 10:06 pm

Favorite Moment: Suijin cleaning his father's grave after it was vandalized or the fight between Yoshida and Yoshimura.

Favorite Scene: Sixth Scene - between Suijin and Fudo.

Favorite Character(s) of the Chapter: Yoshimura and (biased but) Suijin and Fudo

Overall Review: I thought it was a great start and I can't wait to see where each storyline is headed - especially with other characters still to be introduced. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't invested most into the sixth scene, but not just because it involved two characters I put a lot of thought into, but also because it was very well written and executed both of their personalities perfectly. The primary story is very interesting as well and I really like the dynamic between Toshinori and Deku - it'll be a perfect over-arcing story to go along with everyone else's stories. If I had one complaint about it, I do think the characters could sound a little more natural, but for the most part the dialogue is well done. Great job by both Dub and Brian and a strong start.

Rating (0-10): 9
Back to top Go down
Lars Grier
Voltage
Voltage
Lars Grier

Hailing From : Places

PostSubject: Re: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions EmptyJuly 16th 2017, 5:57 am

Favorite Moment: Biased, but Kakashi burying the lost hero and then stating he would come after Deku is a favourite for me. Mostly because he's my character and I can't wait for his storyline to play out. 

Favorite Scene: Sixth and Fourth Scene. 

Favorite Character(s) of the Chapter: 'Merica Man was hilarious as hell, and he was probably the most amusing to read about, but I also loved the two brothers, Fudo and Suijin. I feel like that the dynamic between them might become something like Naruto and Sasuke's relationship.

Overall Review: Definitely a great start to what we all hope to be an amazing series. This episode had a lot of unique and intriguing storylines that it showed, especially between Toshinori and Deku. Judging by this intial episode, I feel like that the story between them will only continue to evolve and become a really great father-son rivalry. Fudo and Suijin will also most likely be the best storyline in the show, and especially with their two quirks almost similar in a way. A little nitpicky thing for me though, Dub: I would like to see the character talking in their head like they do in the show. Where they're thinking of strategies or what just happened, though I suppose that's hard to do and would only make the episode even longer than it already is, so no pressure there from me. Overall, great episode. I'm excited for what the next few episodes entail and what could possibly happen for each character, and also since that there's so many other characters that haven't yet been introduced!

Also big shoutout and thank you to Dub for writing my character so beautifully. I'm so glad he got a scene all focused on him, and I hope to see him play a key role in the future.

Rating (0-10): 8-9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions   Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime Battling: My Hero Academia, Episode One: "Bitter Beginnings" Reactions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1