Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment Empty
PostSubject: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 4:26 pm

Source: Cageside seats wrote:
On Friday morning (March 17), Squared Circle Sirens reports that Japanese wrestling legend Manami Toyota officially revealed plans to retire later this year.
The 46-year-old will have been wrestling for 30 years by the time she hangs up the boots after a November 3 show dedicated to her career. Neck and shoulder issues led her to decide to stop performing.
Toyota become known as one of the best wrestlers in the world, regardless of gender, during the 90s while she was with the now-shuttered All Japan Women’s Pro-Wrestling (AJW). Four-times she won their top title, the WWWA World Championship, and took part in 17 matches graded as five stars by Wrestling Observer from 1991 - 1995. She was enshrined in the publication’s Hall of Fame in 2002 and voted the greatest female wrestler of all time in a 2009 reader poll.
Outside Japan, she worked with Chikara in the early part of this decade. Across several shows with Mike Quackenbush’s company, Toyota performed with several names familiar to WWE fans such as Cesaro, Johnny Gargano and Sarah Amato.
But it was her work in her home country, especially tagging with and competing against Toshiyo Yamada, rivalry with Kyoko Inoue and work with legends like Bull Nakano, Chigusa Nagayo and Aja Kong that built and solidified her reputation as the best.
If you’re not familiar with her work, or even if you are, spend some time checking out her work on YouTube and elsewhere online. You won’t be disappointed.

It's going to be a sad November 3rd this year. Personally, for me Manami is the absolute pinnacle of a female wrestler. She had an amazing look that the others in Joshi Wrestling didn't. Her Japanese Ocean Moves are some of my favorites and it's hard to see why she shouldn't be considered as one of the greatest, if not the greatest female wrestler of all time. I know she never competed for the WWE/WWF like her fellow AJW Originals like Bull Nakano and Aja Kong but she never needed that. I still regard her 60-minute draw with Kyoko Inoue as the greatest AJW match of all time. She's accomplished alot, so like I said. It's going to be a sad November 3rd, 20l7
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 4:40 pm

who
Back to top Go down
Amadeus
Voltage
Voltage
Amadeus

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 4:58 pm

Agreed, Azumi. It's always sad when one of the greats hangs up their boots.
Back to top Go down
вrσdч spαrks .
Empire
Empire
вrσdч spαrks .

Hailing From : Brockton ✈ Seattle
Status : ís єvíl sσmєthíng чσu αrє? σr ís ít sσmєthíng чσu dσ?

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 5:24 pm

A real fucking legend man. I was just talking about her being like the best female wrestler ever. She had a wonderful career and legacy.
Back to top Go down
Lars Grier
Voltage
Voltage
Lars Grier

Hailing From : Places

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 6:08 pm

Such a great female wrestler. Definitely helped pioneer the division, but it's just so sad that barely anyone know, or care.
Back to top Go down
Hinata Shinoda

Hinata Shinoda

Hailing From : The Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 6:12 pm

There goes a great Joshi Legend.
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

Hailing From : Camelot, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 25th 2017, 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 26th 2017, 12:57 am

Manami Toyota is one of the best Women wrestler I've ever seen. Sadly She'll retired this year :/
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 26th 2017, 1:12 am

She was one of the most influential figures in Japanese wrestling. Will be sad to see her go
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 26th 2017, 5:23 am

I thought she was already retired.... oh well, I am not following anything so what do I know lol.

Anyway, I'm sure after the retirement, she will share the knowledge to a lot of newer generations.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 26th 2017, 8:42 am

Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment EmptyMarch 26th 2017, 10:43 am

im crie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment   Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment Empty

Back to top Go down

Manami Toyota Announces Her Retirment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1