Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Empty
PostSubject: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 14th 2016, 8:29 pm

I use quotations because I was always amused by the way people use terms like real life and stuff, as if die and cross into another universe online, anyways continuing on...

For me I feel like efedding really got me into being more understanding about success and failure, since that's basically a set thing in efeds, it made me understand how to bounce back and how to take a bad thing with grace, while also never forgetting to continue on towards a successful path in the end which is always possible.

I think it also got me ready for office politics based on my stint on the EAW board, and just being a member of EAW in general. Really open my mind to how some people are always scheming, how petty some people on top can be, yet how on the otherhand how much work it is to deal with the masses in ways that make me respect my supervisors more than I would otherwise when I see what they're trying to do build the team.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Empty
PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 14th 2016, 9:58 pm

Considering I was only 13 whenever I started e-fed, I never knew what it was like to have an actual deadline before e-feds came around. E-feds helps me in the sense that I needed to have certain preparation when it comes to timing myself. All the days that I promoed used to be all over the place and I used to actually promo on the day of the show back whenever I was a noob. Nowadays, I pretty much don't be too over the place, prepare for what my routines are to promo and I think that transition a lot into real life. Just having a routine revolving around a deadline

I think e-feds has helped me a lot when it comes to seeing and dealing with actual drama. I remember how back then, I used to get involved and take sides with drama but in the real world? Sometimes, you're not meant to take sides. Sometimes, you're just there to watch and can't get involved in everything no matter how good your intentions are. E-feds taught me that never get involved in a situation unless it is called upon you, no matter if it involved your friends, etc. 

As for dealing with failures, this is a big one right here. In real life or any lobbies that are rather competitive, generally speaking? You will probably have more failures than triumphs the more you think about it. You will probably be more at a state of adversaries rather than being at a state of good fortune. You will probably lose more battles than you have won. E-feds taught me that you can't win every battle there is, but the quantity of wins are not what at stake. The will to actually respond to an adversary is what made e-feds a learning experience to me because I had gone through a rough patch in e-feds in where I haven't had a significant win in a long time or haven't won a title in a while either. But just as the rough patch I had in real life not too long ago, dealing with a rough patch for a long time just shows that life is not about the actual fall. Life is all about if you care to get back up from the fall.
Back to top Go down
http://rocketcris.tumblr.com/
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 14th 2016, 10:42 pm

It taught me that speaking up could be beneficial to me, both in e-fedding and in the real world.  Your bosses, your teachers, your GM's, they really do enjoy input and opinion and a tab on how you feel things are progressing.  Being open to a dialogue can open a lot of doors for you, especially if you come off eager.

I've learned that people can be two-faced and petty as well.  I joined a fed once with a pretty good reputation behind me and the guy running it really liked my stuff at the time and he wanted to hotshot me one of the midcard belts.  The guy holding it went around chats and PM's telling people that he was 'giving' me the title and that it was a process to get him into the World Title picture, and that he'd really beat me if it were a straight up promo war.  I caught wind of this, asked the GM if any of it was true, and the dude ended up banning the guy.  I thought it was a bit harsh considering when he and I corresponded he seemed like a nice guy.  There was also another time where a guy asked me to stop promoing for the week because he wasn't going to be in town.  We did an equal amount of promos and I obliged and went on my merry way...after letting the GM know that we had an agreement.  The dude broke it, and he lost for spamming the boards with promo after we agreed to adhere to his needed deadline.  People just get petty like that sometimes.  It's silly to me.  Why act so insecure about e-fedding?

It also taught me how to roll with the punches as well.  A game is a game and a loss in a game means nothing.  It also took me from openly ridiculing bad promoers to trying to help them get better.  

In a lot of ways e-fedding helped me mature and drain my id and be a better person.  Maybe it's more along the lines of my growing up coinciding with my e-fedding, but I'd like to think I learned quite a bit from it.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 14th 2016, 11:12 pm

E-feds has taught me that people suck and that there some people who have no business to be in a position of power who outright shows favoritism.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 12:56 am

Marco wrote:
E-feds has taught me that people suck and that there some people who have no business to be in a position of power who outright shows favoritism.
 @ me nigga
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 1:01 am

Anyway efedding taught me to be mindful of people's intentions when in a position of authority, and understand the weight/influence you have in every setting before you act. Understand your strength, understand what you bring to the table. If you have nothing, you get nothingg in return. Also to be extremely clear what your intentions are when communicating a message to the masses. Very important.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 5:03 am

It has taught me that my actions both good (influencing others) and bad (spoiling LU) can have a serious effect on people even if they are not physically around you. So I take the relationships I forge online a bit more seriously these days.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 6:19 am

To believe in yourself even when no one else will. As well as to cast out negativity.

Also e-fedding has made me realize I am my own biggest critic and I second guess myself way too much.
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 7:35 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Anyway efedding taught me to be mindful of people's intentions when in a position of authority, and understand the weight/influence you have in every setting before you act. Understand your strength, understand what you bring to the table. If you have nothing, you get nothingg in return. Also to be extremely clear what your intentions are when communicating a message to the masses. Very important.

Pretty much this. E-Fedding also actually taught me how to say words more carefully since I wasn't pretty much an Internet guy until I found out Yahoo! Answers and e-feding.
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 7:56 am

Honestly, efedding boosted my confidence a lot as far as social interactions are concerned. Before starting out, I was a very secluded individual on both the internet and in real life, but the more I chatted with people on here and had genuine fun doing it, the more outgoing I became with folks irl as well.

One more thing is that, as cheesy as it may come across, efedding has taught me to be myself and not give a fuck about what anyone else thinks. Obviously, I'm waaay toned down in real life than I am on here as is. However, I do feel like the whole experience granted me a sense of reassurance that I can and should stop faking a personality and be my unadulterated self more in the 'real world'.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 1:03 pm

It is currently teaching me to have a thicker skin. Ever since I was a child, I've been overly sensitive towards what people say and do, even if I KNOW it's all in jest or fake or whatever. I can never seem to let things go, but e-fedsing is helping me get over stuff quicker. 

Hopefully. HA!
Back to top Go down
HoffNostalgia

HoffNostalgia

Hailing From : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life EmptyOctober 23rd 2016, 4:41 pm

A lot. Being someone who hopes to get something published one day. 

Creating and developing characters, storylines, dialogues.

Rejection- Losing matches when working hard on something you created will be like when I get rejected from 17467 publishers.

Community- Know I can reach out to anyone and just spark a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life   What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life Empty

Back to top Go down

What "real world" experience that you learned from efedding you feel transfers over to your life

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1