Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Football thread - Page 23 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Football thread - Page 23 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Football thread - Page 23 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Football thread - Page 23 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Football thread - Page 23 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Football thread - Page 23 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Football thread - Page 23 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Football thread - Page 23 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Football thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

Football thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 27th 2016, 3:44 am

Man, if we don't sign Lacazette or Aubameyang at this point, then no point in watching the League next season.
Back to top Go down
AJ Perez

AJ Perez

Hailing From : Copenhagen, Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 27th 2016, 5:46 am

I am pretty sure I am the only one that supports Glasgow Celtic
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 27th 2016, 6:06 am

AJ Perez wrote:
I am pretty sure I am the only one that supports Glasgow Celtic
Used to be a huge Celtic fan back in 2007/2008, back when you had guys like Scott McDonald (just an amazing striker), Shunsuke Nakamura (easily top five greatest free-kick players in history), an actual beast in Artur Boruc, Shaun Maloney (had loads of potential), and Vennegoor of Hesselink (was also a beast)

Naming my son Nakamura if I ever get one....
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 27th 2016, 6:35 am

Celtic also had Samaras (who was A BEAST), Scott Brown (an exact ectype of Sergio Busquets). Celtic from 2007-2009 was truly one of the Top 10 best teams. Thanks for reminding me, AJ.
Back to top Go down
AJ Perez

AJ Perez

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 27th 2016, 8:09 am

Now we have Leigh Griffiths (Class Striker) Erik Sviatchenko (Rock Solid CB). We still have Brown but he could not string a pass together if his life depended on it.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 27th 2016, 3:29 pm

Hmmm. Here's my XI for football based on my current generation, alas 2000 to present day

GK: Buffon
LB: Roberto Carlos, CB: Puyol, Nesta, RB: Lahm
DM: Busquets
CMs: Xavi, Zidane
LW: Cristiano, ST: Ronaldinho, RW: Messi

Subs: Neuer, Ramos, Pirlo, Henry, Robben, Iniesta and probably Marcelo if I needed an LB.

Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson
Back to top Go down
http://rocketcris.tumblr.com/
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 28th 2016, 1:55 am

Chelsea-Liverpool game was kinda stale. Chelsea's defense, I must say, was pitch-perfect, held a tight line throughout 90 mins, with Cahill-Terry showing once again the tidy and strong chemistry. Liverpool also had the good defense, excellent midfield, but offense was always weak. Since they were just playing a crossing game from wide, they might as well should have introduced Benteke and give him another chance. One bad season shouldn't mean that he should be locked inside a cabinet for ages to come. He scored 20+ goals for West Ham for a reason: strong and an excellent finisher. Give the lad a chance.

Fabregas with the red card though :blessed:

Nevertheless, dull, but a decent game.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 28th 2016, 11:27 am

World's Redeemer wrote:
Chelsea-Liverpool game was kinda stale. Chelsea's defense, I must say, was pitch-perfect, held a tight line throughout 90 mins, with Cahill-Terry showing once again the tidy and strong chemistry. Liverpool also had the good defense, excellent midfield, but offense was always weak. Since they were just playing a crossing game from wide, they might as well should have introduced Benteke and give him another chance. One bad season shouldn't mean that he should be locked inside a cabinet for ages to come. He scored 20+ goals for West Ham for a reason: strong and an excellent finisher. Give the lad a chance.

Conte can make something out of nothing. I think Chelsea will go back to a UCL campaign. Liverpool is a big maybe if they can sign someone that is notable in the offensive front. I'd still upgrade Liverpool's defense just for insurance purposes if they want to contend for a UCL spot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 28th 2016, 11:42 am

It's early days for Conte's Chelsea revolution but the signs are all right for now. We also should remember that, despite a disastrous season, Conte doesn't need to make something out of nothing. The team that won the league 2 seasons ago is still largely intact. Sure, Terry and Ivanovic are that little bit older, but then so is Zouma, who has been shaping up nicely. So is Willian, who was a stand-out performer last season. With a couple of transfers, a few good results, and some solid tactical management there's no reason why Conte can't get all the cylinders firing and have Chelsea contending again straight away.

No Champo League also helps as our fixtures won't be so congested as the other top teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 28th 2016, 5:20 pm

World's Redeemer wrote:

Benteke never played for West Ham and had one 20+ goal season in his life years ago :snoop:
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 28th 2016, 6:27 pm

Nico Borġ wrote:
It's early days for Conte's Chelsea revolution but the signs are all right for now. We also should remember that, despite a disastrous season, Conte doesn't need to make something out of nothing. The team that won the league 2 seasons ago is still largely intact. Sure, Terry and Ivanovic are that little bit older, but then so is Zouma, who has been shaping up nicely. So is Willian, who was a stand-out performer last season. With a couple of transfers, a few good results, and some solid tactical management there's no reason why Conte can't get all the cylinders firing and have Chelsea contending again straight away.

No Champo League also helps as our fixtures won't be so congested as the other top teams.
The thing is while your point about the lack of Champions League fixture may help them out, I still think that Conte might have to make a little bit of progress. It is not like he is working with a Pelle or a Imobile up top but he doesn't have the stout defense behind him either. I will say though, it's not like he is working with the worst, but to me currently in terms of talent, Chelsea is talented due to their policy of "buy players while they are young and loan them out", but Chelsea is a bunch of players that uses player power as a means of wielding their influence. I don't think Chelsea will win a title, but I'll be shocked if Chelsea isn't with City, Utd, Tottenham or perhaps Liverpool when it comes to contending for the UCL spots. I just think that Chelsea will need some time to transition from being a talented team on paper to world beaters.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyJuly 28th 2016, 7:34 pm

I feel like Juventus is now having a complete squad for their mission to be a CL winner. Benatia and Alves' arrival completes their Catenaccio tactic, with a sharpness of Pjanic and Higuain in the attacking side. Yes, maybe Higuain is a complete shite in his country but he's extremely dependable in Napoli. I wonder what will happen to Napoli without him. Not to mention my baby Dybala is very on fire.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 1st 2016, 10:22 am

Really excited for another amazing season of some good ol' NFL.

:jericho:
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 1st 2016, 9:13 pm

坂崎ハルナ wrote:
I feel like Juventus is now having a complete squad for their mission to be a CL winner. Benatia and Alves' arrival completes their Catenaccio tactic, with a sharpness of Pjanic and Higuain in the attacking side. Yes, maybe Higuain is a complete shite in his country but he's extremely dependable in Napoli. I wonder what will happen to Napoli without him. Not to mention my baby Dybala is very on fire.
As much as I think Higuain is a choker, I think that transfer deal is actually a good one for all parties involved. Higuain stays within a league in where Serie A is more friendly to older player and Higuain has all the production to duplicate his stuff considering he's been pretty successful in the Serie A. Juventus pretty much doesn't have any competition, but they do need a more established striker (No, Dybala is not that established but I know he's pretty good) if they want to make a run in the UCL. Will be interesting to Juventus if they somehow, someway manage to retain Pogba this season
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 5th 2016, 8:19 pm

To the people that wanna join my fantasy league for the EPL, inbox me your email pronto since the EPL will start in a few days

1075477-278289 is the code 

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/
Back to top Go down
AJ Perez

AJ Perez

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 5th 2016, 8:41 pm

Angel. wrote:
To the people that wanna join my fantasy league for the EPL, inbox me your email pronto since the EPL will start in a few days

Just joined. I am the thumb squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 8th 2016, 8:11 pm

Football thread - Page 23 CpX_lLDXYAQCED7

HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN
HE'S ONE OF OUR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
PAUL FUCKING POGBA
HE'D JUST GONE ON LOAN

#POGBACK
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 10th 2016, 2:39 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Football thread - Page 23 CpX_lLDXYAQCED7

HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN
HE'S ONE OF OUR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
PAUL FUCKING POGBA
HE'D JUST GONE ON LOAN

#POGBACK
That's a big ass loan. But seriously though, Pogba should do wonders under a manager like Mourinho
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 10th 2016, 2:44 pm

As much as how terrific Dortmund's transfer in their attacking line, I find nothing wrong with Bayern again this year, I am intrigued of how Don Carlo manage Bayern and Renato Sanchez is definitely a must-watch.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 10th 2016, 2:52 pm

Arsenal smh.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 12th 2016, 5:46 am

Angel. wrote:

Last minute call. All you guys need to do is make a team, join the league while using the code
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 12th 2016, 9:15 am

Football thread - Page 23 1aff9d92c7e6449791d390643e813787

Wayne Rooty Utd.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 13th 2016, 3:11 am

Dark Demon wrote:
World's Redeemer wrote:

Benteke never played for West Ham and had one 20+ goal season in his life years ago :snoop:
Aston Villa** badges conflicted me, but Benteke was tearing shit up two seasons ago.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 13th 2016, 6:10 am

Football thread - Page 23 71458aa06a4a465f800c2e0a444de4d9

Absolutely Fabregas
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 EmptyAugust 13th 2016, 2:40 pm

CLARIFICATION: 

My league is head to head, that way it actually motivates us beating a specific opponent of the week as opposed to trying to be the best of the best, which may or may not demotivate guys to play catch up.

My league may expand but I can't guarantee it. So for anyone that still want to join, you could at least attempt to join. (Don't know what would happen if two more play, but I am going to assume that the last two that join face each other in Week One and result in maybe a draw)

As for when the league is ending? I believe that we're doing three rounds of playoffs, so if I did the math correctly. Every one of us would qualify for the playoffs since it's 8, but if two more joined.....the last two at the end of the season is relegated before the playoffs start  :cena:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next