Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Football thread - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Football thread - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Football thread - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Football thread - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Football thread - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Football thread - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Football thread - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Football thread - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Football thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

Football thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyAugust 24th 2014, 1:53 pm

Di Maria to Man Utd for 60 million, most to the BPL. Good stuff :ehh:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptySeptember 21st 2014, 1:55 pm

Clattenberg is just an awful referee.

Fair play to Leicester, terrible referee decisions or not they still scored five goals so can't take anything away from them, just makes our decision to not buy a cb in the summer all the more baffling as although Blackett hasn't been bad by all means this season, I don't think he'll ever be good enough for a team challenging for top four and hopefully the league in a few seasons, same with Smalling and Jones, although great in defense, is a liability in regards to injuries. Our defense is going to be awful next game too, No Evans, Jones or Blackett Football thread - Page 2 Lol

Still baffled why we keep playing Van Perise, another poor game in a long list of them for him in the last year. Should have been sold in the summer and not Welbeck.

Di Maria is still dreamy.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptySeptember 21st 2014, 2:50 pm

Isn't Rojo a cb? Why don't we just put him in his actual position and play Shaw lb?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptySeptember 21st 2014, 5:07 pm

MTM wrote:
Isn't Rojo a cb? Why don't we just put him in his actual position and play Shaw lb?

Yeah cb is his natural position but he can also play left-back, like he did at the world-cup where he got noticed, shaw has to start against West Ham anyway but I'm assuming he hasn't played yet because he's returning from injury so they don't want to rush him back from injury and let him gain fitness.

Think the other issue is that he attacks too much on the same side Di Maria does, so it causes a problem if we get counter-attacked (especially with our defense) and you already have Rafael ussually bombing forward too so it makes too cluttered whereas Rojo tends to cover instead of attacking.

But Shaw's better than Rojo, who's average tbh and is only gonna be a squad player, a cb line of Smalling, Rojo and probably Blind against West Ham doesn't fill me with confidence Laughing
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptySeptember 26th 2014, 7:30 am

Does anyone want to tell me why Spurs are being too op in FIFA 15?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptySeptember 26th 2014, 4:13 pm

I keep reading that Manchester wants to buy Ronaldo back and it would cost them around 140 million euro. Do you guys see him going to Premier League?
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptySeptember 26th 2014, 4:23 pm

If RM don't win any silverware this season (regardless of how many blowouts they deliver), I could see him going back to Man Utd. 140 mill is a steal in my opinion if Bale costs 100 and Rodriguez cost 70, Ronaldo is a monster and he most definitely would not mind teaming with Di Maria again. But then again, Man Utd would have to do well this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptySeptember 26th 2014, 4:23 pm

Moonlight Predator wrote:
I keep reading that Manchester wants to buy Ronaldo back and it would cost them around 140 million euro. Do you guys see him going to Premier League?

No.

What people forget is; while United spent alot of money this season, we can't afford to do that anymore. We don't spend buckets of money like Chelsea and City or PSG, we're only spending what we did this summer (and hopefully January) because we have too, we have to get back into the champions league, financially not being in the CL won't hurt us this year but it will if we don't so we need to invest. We're in debt, despite how much money we make we have owners who only want to save money not spend it, spending 140 million on Ronaldo on top of wages won't be financially possible for us and with FFP, it won't be possible either considering we need to make considerable improvements in defense and midfield.

That and 'Ronaldo to United' happens every year, it's not gonna happen. Although I'd die if it did.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptySeptember 26th 2014, 4:34 pm

Even though you feel some sought of way that Ronaldo might return, I doubt it. He obviously loves Madrid, and if you saw the game against Elche, and saw all his four goals, you know he is entitled to stay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 4:41 pm

Danny Welbeck gets a hat-trick for Arsenal.

Yeah.

Didn't see him becoming a good striker or anything.

Good move United, good move.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 6:29 pm

Welbeck has been phenomenal at Arsenal, already outperformed Sanchez. Good moves Wenger
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 6:33 pm

I have 58 goals through my first 8 games in Career Mode.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 6:40 pm

Devan Dubian wrote:
Welbeck has been phenomenal at Arsenal, already outperformed Sanchez. Good moves Wenger
Since I missed the Arsenal game between Galatasaray, I made a vow that I will watch the full 90 minutes of the game, and I saw wonders. Welbeck showed his true class with that hat-trick, and I was exciting for that hat-trick being his first professional one. Not only that, but Wenger's new attacking formation is also effective, with Ozil being at the center of the midfield, Oxlade Chamberlain to the left, and Alexis to the right, it was a truly epic display.

Good job, Danny Welbeck! :bolieve:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 6:44 pm

Only took Wenger a year to realize Ozil is best through the centre.

Terrible, clueless, outdated manager.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 6:54 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Only took Wenger a year to realize Ozil is best through the centre.

Terrible, clueless, outdated manager.
He played central midfield in the beginning of last year, but Wenger wanted to rotate him around different positions for Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshire. How does that make him terrible and clueless?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 7:04 pm

Because he's consistently played him out-wide for a very long time even though he's not good out there?

That's without getting into the whole winning one cup in nine years thing.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 7:10 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Because he's consistently played him out-wide for a very long time even though he's not good out there?

That's without getting into the whole winning one cup in nine years thing.
That shtick doesn't even bother me anymore. The point is that Ozil is now going to play a reoccuring central role, and I want to see his connections with Alexis and Welbeck. FA Cup, or previous season, I'm looking forward to now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 7:29 pm

Well you asked how he was clueless so I told you, any other manager with the resources that he's had and the players he's brought in during that time and failed to achieve something would be clowned at, hell David Moyes has probably lost all credibility as a top manager and he only had one poor season, why's Wegner get a free pass when he clearly has held Arsenal back from achieving long-term success for such a long time?
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 7:34 pm

I do not feel like having a back-and-forth argument, since we've been through this before. The point is that Arsene Wenger is loved by everyone at Arsenal, and whether critics can be skeptic about how he manages the team, staff and others, that is on them. I am acting on the role as a fan of Arsenal. He has built up teams, from the Brady era, to the Invincibles era, to now. He has nurtured many stars, even though they were heavily injured and stood no chance to play football again (Wilshire, Abou Diaby, and especially Ramsey), and he has his own philosophy on the style of Arsenal. Just like any other team, they are facing the worst than us. We have been marginalized each year by making it to the top 4 and qualifying for the UCL, and even though they may not win, I will still support them.

Once again, I won't have an argument because no side will lean foward to be the winner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 2nd 2014, 8:01 pm

Yeah but all those successful teams were ten years ago. Footballs moved on from the Invincibles and he clearly hasn't, you look at Sir Alex Ferguson and he's successful for Twenty-Six years in the same league on the basis that he kept reinventing himself and kept himself up-to-date on what happened in football, something Wenger hasn't done. How can any top flight manager at a club with the resources like Arsenal go nearly ten years without winning anything? How can he be at a club for as long as he has and has a team that is so injury prone and lacking in so much depth, how do you go from Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Viera to the team that you have now and still be considered a good manager? How many times can you consistently fail at going past the last 16 and be considered a good manager?

Wilshere has barely improved in the last couple of years, nowhere the player everybody (myself included) thought he would become, Diaby lol he's always injured.

This is a manager who managed to have RvP, Narsi and Cesc in his team and still not win anything, along with completely ruining Ashavin who looked like a monster before he joined Arsenal. I seriously don't understand how you can have so much resources at such a huge club who can pull Alexis and Ozil and still every season, without fail, having to scrap getting to fourth place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 12:15 pm

Arsenal Laughing Only the four wins in 13 games this season.

But Wengers still good right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 12:34 pm

Football thread - Page 2 BarrenCommonAfricanbushviper

Laughing
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 12:55 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Arsenal Laughing Only the four wins in 13 games this season.

But Wengers still good right?
Football thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mao6laNaQZ1rdeykbo1_500
Haters going to hate, forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 1:20 pm

Are we really gonna turn a blind eye to facts by dubbing it as 'haters gonna hate'?
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2014, 1:21 pm

I'm just saying that I am not harmed by the constant criticism that you give to Arsenal. I don't know what happened that made you detest them, but i guess that is your own predicament to solve later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next