EAW | Season 11
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
DIA DEL DIABLO COMES YOUR JULY 29TH, 2017 || NEO: UPRISING COMES YOUR WAY SOON || SITE UPDATES COMING AFTER TRE'S VACATION ||
Top posting users this week
Ryan Wilson

Astraea Jordan

Moongoose McQueen

TLA

Finnegan Wakefield

Cameron Ella Ava

坂崎ハルナ

Nobi

Keelan Cetinich

Anthony Leonhart

Latest topics
» EAW Feed
by Hurricane Hawk Today at 3:11

» What song are you listening to right now?
by 坂崎ハルナ Today at 2:59

» Another Territorial Invasion Poster
by Tyler Parker Today at 1:38

» NEO Promoz
by Ryan Wilson Today at 1:37

» What video are you watching right now?
by Tyler Parker Today at 1:36

» The GOAT goes sneaker shopping with complex
by Tyler Parker Today at 1:32

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Share | 

No Man's Sky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: No Man's Sky   Fri 12 Aug - 17:22

So "No Man's Sky" came out a few days ago, and it has sold out in all the GameStops in my local area. The hype is real, folks. To say this is a much anticipated game is an understatement.

So for those who don't know, No Man's Sky is a space exploration/survival game. The developers, Happy Studios, claim that there are more than 18 QUINTILLION PLANETS to explore. Players can pilot their ship from planet to planet, star to star, trade with aliens in outposts, have space dog fights, and...

That's kinda it.

I played it for about two hours last night, and I got the gist of the game after planet number 2. Sure there are a literal fuck ton of planets with different atmospheres and weather and flora/fauna, but your objective on every planet is the same: mine resources, look around, maybe trade, leave. 

It's...not really what I expected. 

Anyway, that's all I got right now. Post questions, comments, reviews, stories, weird shit you encountered...whatever you want!

Oh, also there's apparently a planet with a giant ass snake on it...so if you find it, post the coordinates.

ALL Credit for the Sig - Raymundo Rhyse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryder

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   Sun 14 Aug - 11:58

Game suffered from people taking what the developers said and letting their minds go insane with it. It wasn't what many people wanted but I definitely appreciate it for what it is. Can get on a few hours every night, relax, find new planets, scan some shit, learn languages and knock off trophies for what seems like a realistically achievable Platinum. I didn't let myself get overexcited and am not going to play it to the point of boringness; but appreciate it for what it is. 8.2/10

BEST POLYGAMY IN THE BUSINESS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   Sun 14 Aug - 14:21

@Ryder wrote:
Game suffered from people taking what the developers said and letting their minds go insane with it. It wasn't what many people wanted but I definitely appreciate it for what it is. Can get on a few hours every night, relax, find new planets, scan some shit, learn languages and knock off trophies for what seems like a realistically achievable Platinum. I didn't let myself get overexcited and am not going to play it to the point of boringness; but appreciate it for what it is. 8.2/10
Completely agree.

You hit the nail on the head about how it's relaxing. There's something very calming about just kinda floating through space while you craft stuff and look out for pirates. 

After logging about...I dunno, 15-20 hours in the game and finally learning how to dog fight effectively, the game has become incredibly fun. 

That being said, it was horribly overhyped, to the point where even the GameStop employee was like "it will change gaming...its Firefly and Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica and all this." The hype train almost derailed this train before it even really started

ALL Credit for the Sig - Raymundo Rhyse
Back to top Go down
View user profile

No Man's Sky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EAW | Season 11 :: Interact :: General Discussion-