Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

No Man's Sky SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

No Man's Sky SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
No Man's Sky Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
No Man's Sky Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
No Man's Sky Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
No Man's Sky Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
No Man's Sky Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
No Man's Sky Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

No Man's Sky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

No Man's Sky Empty
PostSubject: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky EmptyAugust 12th 2016, 6:22 pm

So "No Man's Sky" came out a few days ago, and it has sold out in all the GameStops in my local area. The hype is real, folks. To say this is a much anticipated game is an understatement.

So for those who don't know, No Man's Sky is a space exploration/survival game. The developers, Happy Studios, claim that there are more than 18 QUINTILLION PLANETS to explore. Players can pilot their ship from planet to planet, star to star, trade with aliens in outposts, have space dog fights, and...

That's kinda it.

I played it for about two hours last night, and I got the gist of the game after planet number 2. Sure there are a literal fuck ton of planets with different atmospheres and weather and flora/fauna, but your objective on every planet is the same: mine resources, look around, maybe trade, leave. 

It's...not really what I expected. 

Anyway, that's all I got right now. Post questions, comments, reviews, stories, weird shit you encountered...whatever you want!

Oh, also there's apparently a planet with a giant ass snake on it...so if you find it, post the coordinates.
Back to top Go down
Ryder

Ryder

No Man's Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky EmptyAugust 14th 2016, 12:58 pm

Game suffered from people taking what the developers said and letting their minds go insane with it. It wasn't what many people wanted but I definitely appreciate it for what it is. Can get on a few hours every night, relax, find new planets, scan some shit, learn languages and knock off trophies for what seems like a realistically achievable Platinum. I didn't let myself get overexcited and am not going to play it to the point of boringness; but appreciate it for what it is. 8.2/10
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

No Man's Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky EmptyAugust 14th 2016, 3:21 pm

Ryder wrote:
Game suffered from people taking what the developers said and letting their minds go insane with it. It wasn't what many people wanted but I definitely appreciate it for what it is. Can get on a few hours every night, relax, find new planets, scan some shit, learn languages and knock off trophies for what seems like a realistically achievable Platinum. I didn't let myself get overexcited and am not going to play it to the point of boringness; but appreciate it for what it is. 8.2/10
Completely agree.

You hit the nail on the head about how it's relaxing. There's something very calming about just kinda floating through space while you craft stuff and look out for pirates. 

After logging about...I dunno, 15-20 hours in the game and finally learning how to dog fight effectively, the game has become incredibly fun. 

That being said, it was horribly overhyped, to the point where even the GameStop employee was like "it will change gaming...its Firefly and Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica and all this." The hype train almost derailed this train before it even really started
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Man's Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky Empty

Back to top Go down

No Man's Sky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-