EAW | Season 11
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!




The Land of Elite
 
HomeMain SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
by Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
by LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
by LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Feed
by EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:47 pm

» EAW Promoz!
by EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
by NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Share | 
 

 What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead End Bride

avatar

Posts : 335

PostSubject: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 12:31 am

I ask this because there are many governments who have taken a hard line against the drug trade, particularly in Asia and the Middle East. Countries like India, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Iran and Indonesia all have mandatory or discretionary sentences for trafficking drugs. Many have laws set by how much of an illegal substance you're attempting to smuggle. In some others, any amount regardless of intent to traffic can result in execution. Even the US, under federal law, can seek the death penalty for drug trafficking under "extraordinary circumstances". 

What I would like to know is your particular stance on the issue.

Are you alright with the death penalty in general for this crime? Do you agree or disagree with mandatory sentencing? 

Do you think "drug mules" should be shown leniency in favor of trying to nab their suppliers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan Fiora
Voltage
Voltage
avatar

Posts : 413
Age : 19
Hailing From : Chicago, Illinois
Status : Proved everyone wrong.

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 1:29 am

Here's the deal.  Should we be really killing anyone over trafficking drugs?  Sure, it's an offense, but it's not like it should be resolved with a death penalty.  It does more harm than good; let them serve their time and put them in a program where they can better their lives.  A lot of people who got into the drug business usually started off poor and in harsh situations.  We should be helping; not killing.


•1x EAW New Breed Champion (3/4/18-)
•1x EAW Hardcore Champion (8/7/16-11/19/16)
•2x Most Valuable Elitist (55/71)
•2x Rising Star of the Week (47/52)
•1x Beef of the Week (53)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 3526
Age : 27
Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community
Status : #LoveWins

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 2:32 am

Publicly execute cops who abuse their power and kill people on the streets out of malice (especially when they're unarmed)


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
avatar

Posts : 2138
Age : 24
Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 2:33 am

@Nathan Fiora wrote:
Here's the deal.  Should we be really killing anyone over trafficking drugs?  Sure, it's an offense, but it's not like it should be resolved with a death penalty.  It does more harm than good; let them serve their time and put them in a program where they can better their lives.  A lot of people who got into the drug business usually started off poor and in harsh situations.  We should be helping; not killing.

As an Indonesian myself, I really agree with Nathan here. We should be helping, not killing. I mean, I understand it's a crime and they should be indeed punished (NOT Death Penalty) but what do you expect from this world? Nothing is perfect, everything is not perfect, but we can work some things in more "approachable way" rather than doing killing.


(Thank You Lars Grier)

(Thank You Rhyse)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
avatar

Posts : 3093
Age : 33
Hailing From : BK
Status : Back to the drawing board...

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 3:04 am

@Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Publicly execute cops who abuse their power and kill people on the streets out of malice (especially when they're unarmed)

seconded.




Cloud Matsuda's Wiki Profile! - UPDATED (signature credits go to Tarah!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
avatar

Posts : 3687
Age : 20
Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 3:24 am

I like most people think Death Penalty is too far was Trafficking. I get it but still.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
avatar

Posts : 2609
Age : 23
Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 3:32 am

The death penalty is the worst thing someone can be sentenced to, and as such, the punishment should fit the crime. Drug trafficking just doesn't fit the bill, unless we're talking about some kinda Pablo Escobar type person who's undoubtedly killed a bunch of people and done some other reprehensible shit along the way. Aside from that, it's just excessive.



"Honestly, I know where you're goin', and baby, you're just movin' on. And I'll still love you even if I can't see you anymore, can't wait to see you soar."
| 1994 - ∞, The Spark never dies   |
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan Fiora
Voltage
Voltage
avatar

Posts : 413
Age : 19
Hailing From : Chicago, Illinois
Status : Proved everyone wrong.

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 3:43 am

Empress Aria wrote:
The death penalty is the worst thing someone can be sentenced to, and as such, the punishment should fit the crime. Drug trafficking just doesn't fit the bill, unless we're talking about some kinda Pablo Escobar type person who's undoubtedly killed a bunch of people and done some other reprehensible shit along the way. Aside from that, it's just excessive.
I agree with some of that.  Even then, killing someone don't fix jack.  In order to truly fix something, you gotta see what roots of the problem and find a solution for them.


•1x EAW New Breed Champion (3/4/18-)
•1x EAW Hardcore Champion (8/7/16-11/19/16)
•2x Most Valuable Elitist (55/71)
•2x Rising Star of the Week (47/52)
•1x Beef of the Week (53)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 1998
Age : 24
Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 3:01 pm

@Nathan Fiora wrote:
Empress Aria wrote:
The death penalty is the worst thing someone can be sentenced to, and as such, the punishment should fit the crime. Drug trafficking just doesn't fit the bill, unless we're talking about some kinda Pablo Escobar type person who's undoubtedly killed a bunch of people and done some other reprehensible shit along the way. Aside from that, it's just excessive.
I agree with some of that.  Even then, killing someone don't fix jack.  In order to truly fix something, you gotta see what roots of the problem and find a solution for them.
I know this is not an argument about the death penalty per se but I disagree with this. Death Penalty should definitely still be a thing because there are criminals out there who have gone miles beyond the sane safe point and thus should not be ever even be given a chance to see daylight again. This is one of my more conservative opinions but there is no 'root to the problem' or a 'solution' for these people, they are just psychopaths. Keeping them alive or killing them with a single needle will not fix anything either way so might as well go with the safer option. Plus in today's society, it takes '20' years to receive the actual death penalty anyways so if no one is able to find a 'solution' by then then it is given that there is actually no solution.

In relation to this thread question, yeah I agree, death penalty is a bit too much for drug trafficking but I feel as some people are undermining what goes into drug trafficking.. so many people die in the process, including innocent people which never even comes into the limelight. Each case is different and in most cases, death penalty should not be the answer but if the ring is found to be bound to a dozen other rings, then it is a viable option in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan Fiora
Voltage
Voltage
avatar

Posts : 413
Age : 19
Hailing From : Chicago, Illinois
Status : Proved everyone wrong.

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 3:11 pm

@Devan Dubian wrote:
@Nathan Fiora wrote:
Empress Aria wrote:
The death penalty is the worst thing someone can be sentenced to, and as such, the punishment should fit the crime. Drug trafficking just doesn't fit the bill, unless we're talking about some kinda Pablo Escobar type person who's undoubtedly killed a bunch of people and done some other reprehensible shit along the way. Aside from that, it's just excessive.
I agree with some of that.  Even then, killing someone don't fix jack.  In order to truly fix something, you gotta see what roots of the problem and find a solution for them.
I know this is not an argument about the death penalty per se but I disagree with this. Death Penalty should definitely still be a thing because there are criminals out there who have gone miles beyond the sane safe point and thus should not be ever even be given a chance to see daylight again. This is one of my more conservative opinions but there is no 'root to the problem' or a 'solution' for these people, they are just psychopaths. Keeping them alive or killing them with a single needle will not fix anything either way so might as well go with the safer option. Plus in today's society, it takes '20' years to receive the actual death penalty anyways so if no one is able to find a 'solution' by then then it is given that there is actually no solution.

In relation to this thread question, yeah I agree, death penalty is a bit too much for drug trafficking but I feel as some people are undermining what goes into drug trafficking.. so many people die in the process, including innocent people which never even comes into the limelight. Each case is different and in most cases, death penalty should not be the answer but if the ring is found to be bound to a dozen other rings, then it is a viable option in my opinion.
I see what you mean, but at the same time, some people aren't psycho.  They started off as people who didn't have many other options.  That's why we see more drug trafficking in poorer countries in Central America.  There should be some attempts at helping these people and see if they can really make a healthy life for themselves and their family.

Yes, drug trafficking involves deaths and madness like that, but if we just kill one guy, it won't do anything.  Someone is going to take over and the cycle will just continue.


•1x EAW New Breed Champion (3/4/18-)
•1x EAW Hardcore Champion (8/7/16-11/19/16)
•2x Most Valuable Elitist (55/71)
•2x Rising Star of the Week (47/52)
•1x Beef of the Week (53)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 4:45 pm


The Punitive supply-side policing approach doesn't work. The smugglers crossing the border with coke in their orifices aren't going to be the big kingpins at the top, and even if they were, the fighting that often occurs over the power vacuum left behind is usually worse than the original state of affairs. As long as there is money to be made, there will be drug barons, death penalty or not, the only way to make instantaneous and dramatic success on drug issues is to address the demand-side, i.e. rehabilitate addicts.
Back to top Go down
Kurt_Burton

avatar

Posts : 221
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 25th 2016, 5:17 pm

Nico Borġ wrote:

The Punitive supply-side policing approach doesn't work. The smugglers crossing the border with coke in their orifices aren't going to be the big kingpins at the top, and even if they were, the fighting that often occurs over the power vacuum left behind is usually worse than the original state of affairs. As long as there is money to be made, there will be drug barons, death penalty or not, the only way to make instantaneous and dramatic success on drug issues is to address the demand-side, i.e. rehabilitate addicts.

This all the way. Also, it can take over twenty years sometimes to determine that someone was wrongly convicted. Add that to the fact that it is cheaper to lock someone up for life than all the special things done for death row, and I am against the death penalty entirely



Credit to Rhyse for the awesome banner!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
avatar

Posts : 2747
Age : 26
Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    July 31st 2016, 2:12 pm

@Devan Dubian wrote:
@Nathan Fiora wrote:
Empress Aria wrote:
The death penalty is the worst thing someone can be sentenced to, and as such, the punishment should fit the crime. Drug trafficking just doesn't fit the bill, unless we're talking about some kinda Pablo Escobar type person who's undoubtedly killed a bunch of people and done some other reprehensible shit along the way. Aside from that, it's just excessive.
I agree with some of that.  Even then, killing someone don't fix jack.  In order to truly fix something, you gotta see what roots of the problem and find a solution for them.
I know this is not an argument about the death penalty per se but I disagree with this. Death Penalty should definitely still be a thing because there are criminals out there who have gone miles beyond the sane safe point and thus should not be ever even be given a chance to see daylight again. This is one of my more conservative opinions but there is no 'root to the problem' or a 'solution' for these people, they are just psychopaths. Keeping them alive or killing them with a single needle will not fix anything either way so might as well go with the safer option. Plus in today's society, it takes '20' years to receive the actual death penalty anyways so if no one is able to find a 'solution' by then then it is given that there is actually no solution.

In relation to this thread question, yeah I agree, death penalty is a bit too much for drug trafficking but I feel as some people are undermining what goes into drug trafficking.. so many people die in the process, including innocent people which never even comes into the limelight. Each case is different and in most cases, death penalty should not be the answer but if the ring is found to be bound to a dozen other rings, then it is a viable option in my opinion.

This. And make it cheaper.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
VENTURA.

avatar

Posts : 3417
Age : 34
Hailing From : The Underground
Status : Just.....

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    August 2nd 2016, 4:10 pm

As a person that has witnessed some of his closest friends fall under the route of drug trafficking, I can say that it is a bit harsh from this viewpoint. There can be so many reasons as to why an individual might fall into this drug trafficking business (money, forced to do it, life on the line, etc.) Unfortunately for one of my friends, he decided to do drug trafficking because he needed money to support his family. However, I don't know which levels of violence he managed to wreak upon other people in order to be successful with the business, hence having a death penalty might seem to be a much more plausible option. But, if I could just narrow it down to just a few words: death penalty is a bit extreme. Whenever somebody gets arrested for drug trafficking, of course, they should immediately serve jail time for as long as possible, but they should have their way of life be monitored for a certain amount of months, maybe even years before clearing someone as "free". If they ever venture back towards the road of drug trafficking, then that leaves no other option but to initiate the death penalty offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?    

Back to top Go down
 

What is your opinion on capital punishment (death penalty) for drug trafficking?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Just reason I am against the death penalty.
» Should The Dog Killer Get The Death Penalty?
» Death by Phosphorus
» Death of a great skipper.
» ATV Death over the weekend

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EAW | Season 11 :: Interact :: General Discussion-