EAW | Season 11
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
DIA DEL DIABLO COMES YOUR JULY 29TH, 2017 || NEO: UPRISING COMES YOUR WAY SOON || SITE UPDATES COMING AFTER TRE'S VACATION ||
Top posting users this week
Ryan Wilson

TLA

Astraea Jordan

Finnegan Wakefield

The Trickster Azrael

Nobi

坂崎ハルナ

Moongoose McQueen

Keelan Cetinich

Cameron Ella Ava

Latest topics
» Another Territorial Invasion Poster
by Lars Grier Today at 5:50 pm

» How do I come back?
by Anthony Leonhart Today at 3:12 pm

» #何でも聞いて (AMA Part 2)
by 坂崎ハルナ Today at 2:18 pm

» EAW Promoz!
by Scott Oasis Today at 1:31 pm

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRE
by Cage. Today at 12:10 pm

» What if EAW was in Marvel or DC?
by Mr. DEDEDE Today at 8:41 am

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Share | 

Can you like someone that you don't respect?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Y2Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 2:17 pm

For some people, mutual respect is a prerequisite for friendship. What's your opinion?

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Anthony Leonhart
Voltage
Voltage

Hailing From : New Japan Wrestling Academy

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 2:24 pm

I agree. I had problems with someone who bullied me, disrespected me because of my handicap and I don't like her even the "incident" took place 10 years ago.

"Hard Times breeds Better Men"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : Calabasas, California

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 2:46 pm

If I cant respect someone at all then I cant like them. But if there are parts about them I dont respect I can.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mexican Samurai
Dynasty
Dynasty

Hailing From : San Jose, California

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 2:51 pm

Nope, a common friendship or even a love interest must be rooted in some kind of commonality or respect level (same or higher). 

You wouldn't fall in love with a person who you viewed as inferior to yourself, would you? Why would you become friends with someone you didn't respect? That would be a horrible friendship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ Perez

Hailing From : Copenhagen, Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 2:58 pm

I suppose so

EAW Record: 1-2
Accomplishments: TBA

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TLA
Voltage
Voltage

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 3:05 pm

Sometimes a bitch is a total cunt who you don't respect at all but you damn sure like that ass.  :lifesgood:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
The Mexican Samurai
Dynasty
Dynasty

Hailing From : San Jose, California

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 3:08 pm

@TLA wrote:
Sometimes a bitch is a total cunt who you don't respect at all but you damn sure like that ass.  :lifesgood:
You respect dat ass, just not the body that comes attached.  :toast:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 3:17 pm

I think this pertains to liking someone if you don't necessarily respect or agree with his beliefs and whatnot, right? If yes, then absolutely. 

But if you mean it in the sense of growing a liking to someone you mistreat and maul on the daily, then fuck no. In no good conscience should one allow that to happen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 3:45 pm

I don't respect you but we're still friends, Karl.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 3:57 pm

First off, what causes you to not respect that person? There must be a reason. Like for an example, I knew somebody back in my secondary school that love bad mouthing people (I had a fight againts him in my class actually. Sounds stupid I know, lol). 

His attitude really made me sick of him to the point that I couldn't respected him at all. But the dude was really into music and he was known as a very great guitar player on my school and I had to admit, I liked the dude as a guitar player, but not as a person.

It was in the past anyway, the dude has improved so much as a person in my eyes.

So to answer your question, it's depend on situation for me. I have to look what causes me to not respect that someone first. If it's just a small thing, then yes. If it's a big thing (like somebody insults my Family) then no. Most of time, I'm a forgiven type anyway, lol.

Thanks to Ryan Marx for the signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 7:37 pm

I have a friend who runs his own business and does some below the board things, nothing illegal or anything, but things he's not supposed to be doing with his product.  He also price jacks up his products and verbally slanders area competitors to whoever comes in his store.  He's by and large the most pricey purveyor of the product he distributes, and I wouldn't mind that so much if I didn't know he went through and picked out all of the sought after items that some customers are forced to blindly make roll of the dice chance purchases to get.  I also wouldn't hate him as much for it if I didn't know he went online and sold the choice picks at market price, which is most definitely a no-no with his vendors.  If his customers knew he did what he did, they'd probably quit buying from him, and likewise a lot of his vendors would frown upon it and cut him off if they learned of his selective means of selling chance draw based items.  I hate to be vague because it comes off sounding more unlawful than it is, but that's essentially the reason I don't respect him as a businessman.  He has no hindsight or fear of consequence and his methods strike me as inept.

Then again, I don't buy from the guy.  Outside of his job, he's a decent enough guy and we have very similar tastes in movies and music, but I'll never buy, sell, or trade with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Aren Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 16th 2016, 8:56 pm

no

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanatorium Phoenix

Hailing From : The Windy City of Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 17th 2016, 12:56 am

@Aren Mstislav wrote:
no
Yes. I mean..I like Aren...

jk bruh we cool all around, max respect for the job done :dave:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Can you like someone that you don't respect?   July 17th 2016, 6:28 am

No, I don't think I ever could. I have a mutual respect for those I like. I don't dislike anyone for no reason and if I don't like you, I don't respect you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Can you like someone that you don't respect?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1