Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Empty
PostSubject: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 2:07 pm

I am implementing a three strike policy for late shows effective next weekend. Please keep in mind that the 24 hour grace period is still in effect for tardy shows because I understand things come up in life.

However, from now on brand writers will only be allowed three chances at late shows. Meaning, if a show is not sent to me completed by 11:59pm EST the day after the scheduled due date, both main writers will get a strike which will be publicly announced on this thread.

If any writer gets three strikes, they will be removed from their position and replaced by another writer.

If you are a main writer who has completed their stuff and your co-writer or a back up are the ones who are late, all you need to do is show me proof by linking me the doc for your show before the 24 hour grace period is up, and you will not have it held against you.

This policy applies for backup writers as well. I will be publishing a list of confirmed backup writers on a thread soon. If a back up writer is late, he or she will get a strike. If they are late three times, they will be removed from the list of back up writers and will not allowed to be used.

If I find that a writer is using a back up writer that is not on the confirmed list of back ups, and the show is late, they will get a strike against them.

If you are a backup writer you have a choice whether to accept writing a match or not. If you make the choice to accept it, you will be held accountable. 

I have been overly lenient towards late shows to the point of it crippling the motivation of the roster. I was going to announce this before but decided to put more thought into it. If you are a writer who disagrees with this policy, please feel free to step down. I'll allow questions on this thread, but I will not allow troll posts or arguments.

Also, an additional thing, if a match for a FPV or Supershow is late, the writer who is late will automatically be removed from their position. Zero tolerance policy for late matches during FPV's.

There may be exceptions where a writer adds a match to the doc during the live show, but if the match ends up having to miss an FPV like Maddie vs Aria at House of Glass, or if it comes time for the FPV match to start and it's not done yet, that writer will be removed from their position as soon as the show ends.

Another note: The 24 hour grace period does not apply to backup writers. A show is still technically late if it's not posted on the day of, and a backup writer is not allowed to be the reason why a show is late. All back up writers are required to have their assignments written and turned in by the day of the show, or they will get a strike against them.

Last edited by Mr. DEDEDE on February 15th 2016, 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
My Watch Has Ended

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 2:25 pm

LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Tumblr_nobinsbXqZ1s239dso3_500

Will this apply to cards too because sometimes as well with the shows themselves, cards themselves do take a while to post.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 2:28 pm

Also, an additional thing, if a match for a FPV or Supershow is late, the writer who is late will automatically be removed from their position. Zero tolerance policy for late matches during FPV's.

There may be exceptions where a writer adds a match to the doc during the live show, but if the match ends up having to miss an FPV like Maddie vs Aria at House of Glass, or if it comes time for the FPV match to start and it's not done yet, that writer will be removed from their position as soon as the show ends.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 2:30 pm

Liam Catterson wrote:
LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Tumblr_nobinsbXqZ1s239dso3_500

Will this apply to cards too because sometimes as well with the shows themselves, cards themselves do take a while to post.

Nah, cards have never been a serious problem. If they do become a problem I'll react to it the way I see fit.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 3:00 pm

LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy 105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 6:05 pm

Well, if I could give you a suggestion, I don't know if this might actually works... if the show turns out to be late, maybe we need some transparency from each brand's head writer about why the show was late, which match/segment who is not yet written and who supposed to write those every week. Just in case the other member willing to give a voluntary help at the exact same time so the show can be up quicker than have to wait for the late writers.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 6:59 pm

:salute:

About time. Bless the Gawd. :goat:
Back to top Go down
Blaise Hunter

Blaise Hunter

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 11:39 pm

Good good.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 12:05 am

This is honestly such bullshit. Writers should be able to post shows whenever they want. Backup writing is such a thankless job and they shouldn't have to be confined to these timelines and policies. This is exactly how creativity is killed and good people are driven out. I've never been so disgusted with such a blatantly finger-pointing tactic as calling out writers who are trying their best to provide for us promoing folk. This is exactly how EAW ends. RIP in peace
Back to top Go down
Brayden Cruise

Brayden Cruise

Hailing From : Peterborough, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 8:54 am

I haven't really been here a long time, but for me as somebody who promo's we're all expected to post our promo's before the deadline. If we miss the deadline then we can expect to lose the match. I understand that results take a lot more time then promo's, but I still think that if we have a deadline for our promo's then results should probably have a deadline to. Of course they'll be late sometimes and of course there will be a few problems, but in my opinion I just think results should be able to be up by the deadline, just like all of our promos are.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 12:17 pm

So how long before FD ends up having to be called up as a main writer?

In all seriousness though, even though this doesn't apply to me in the slightest, I assume the strikes aren't permanent? Like after a few months of consistency you'll knock a strike off?
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 1:03 pm

Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:

In all seriousness though, even though this doesn't apply to me in the slightest, I assume the strikes aren't permanent? Like after a few months of consistency you'll knock a strike off?

They'll reset after PFP, and then again at New Years, and so on and so forth unless the chairman after me discontinues this policy.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 1:19 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:

They'll reset after PFP, and then again at New Years, and so on and so forth unless the chairman after me discontinues this policy.
Nah, fam. You're staying forever.
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 3:05 pm

Y2Impact wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:

Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 3:57 pm

Carson Ramsay wrote:
Y2Impact wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:

:dev:
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 4:01 pm

Brayden Cruise wrote:
I haven't really been here a long time, but for me as somebody who promo's we're all expected to post our promo's before the deadline. If we miss the deadline then we can expect to lose the match. I understand that results take a lot more time then promo's, but I still think that if we have a deadline for our promo's then results should probably have a deadline to. Of course they'll be late sometimes and of course there will be a few problems, but in my opinion I just think results should be able to be up by the deadline, just like all of our promos are.
This is the most backwards logic I think I've ever come across in the history of the internet. Do promoers get relieved of their job if they fail to promo three different times? What about if they don't promo going into an FPV? You're going to keep telling me it's the same when promoers are coddled and excused from getting their stuff done on time when these are two totally different things. Writers are being wrongly discriminated against here which is not only idiotic because the thinking behind it is so flawed but it's heinous because writers actively do more for the community than any other position. I'm sick and tired of writers having to deal with all of this stuff. This is how EAW ends.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 4:19 pm

Another note: The 24 hour grace period does not apply to backup writers. A show is still technically late if it's not posted on the day of, and a backup writer is not allowed to be the reason why a show is late. All back up writers are required to have their assignments written and turned in by the day of the show, or they will get a strike against them.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 8th 2016, 4:26 pm

Y2Impact wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:

LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Imagegif
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 13th 2016, 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 2:22 am

Demon & Ken passed the 24 hour grace period without sending SD/reporting late backups [1 strike]

Last edited by Mr. DEDEDE on February 23rd 2016, 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 2:23 am

Cloud Matsuda didn't send Battleground matches on the day of the show [1 Strike]
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 3:19 am

Oh shit he doing it.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 3:30 am

Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
My Watch Has Ended

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 6:31 am

Cloud Matsuda wrote:
Sad Sad Sad
Posting crying emojis will not get the script complete
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy EmptyFebruary 23rd 2016, 6:37 am

Liam Catterson wrote:
Cloud Matsuda wrote:
Sad Sad Sad
Posting crying emojis will not get the script complete
Well, at least Battlegound is up already, anyway... her tears is somehow worthed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy   LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy Empty

Back to top Go down

LATE SHOWS: Three Strike Policy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next