EAW | Season 10
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!

HomeEAW Main SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO EAW ::: EAW PAIN FOR PRIDE X IS COMING YOUR WAY! ::: MAIN SITE TO BE REDESIGNED SOON :::
CLICK ARROW TO HIDE SIDEBAR
Top posting users this week
JohnnyFNNova

TLA

CM Bank$

Y2Impact

Mr. DEDEDE

Anthony Leonhart

Lucas Johnson

Moongoose McQueen

April Song

坂崎ハルナ

Latest topics
» Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride
by Robbie V Today at 8:55 am

» EAW Hall of Fame Inductees: Triple Crown Syndicate
by Robbie V Today at 8:45 am

» Empire: Terminus Predictions Thread
by TLA Today at 8:01 am

» Main site is down temporarily (should be back)
by TLA Today at 7:58 am

» Demon Appreciation Thread
by TLA Today at 7:57 am

» The Compliment Game
by Anthony Leonhart Today at 7:27 am

Upcoming Events

Share | 

That's that shit I don't like

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jon McAdams

Hailing From : England, United Kingdoms

PostSubject: Re: That's that shit I don't like   March 11th 2017, 12:47 am

@Mike Showman wrote:
People with last minute promos. I mean, dude, you got an entire week to outpromo me or reply me but you choose this cheap tactic of promoing at the last minute so that I couldn't reply back? WTF
This. All day. Everyday.

Achievements
Former Hardcore Champion 
1 Successful Title Defense
1X Rising star of the week
1X Promoer of the week (with others at Shock Value top prospect match
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: That's that shit I don't like   March 11th 2017, 4:21 am

@Mike Showman wrote:
People with last minute promos. I mean, dude, you got an entire week to outpromo me or reply me but you choose this cheap tactic of promoing at the last minute so that I couldn't reply back? WTF

You're free to post another promo after 24 hours. After 48? Shouldn't have an ounce of sympathy and fire away again. Sandbagging is a cunt move but it's also one that can undo most. Posting two, three throughout the week (giving them plenty of time to respond if possible of course) shows effort and commitment; no matter how good that one is at the end of the week, you'll get the win with ease.

If they choose not to respond, then it sucks for them. If your opponent wants to ignore you, which is a sign of showing no respect, then don't wait for them to respond; go for the throat and get the win.

GLORY GLORY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jon McAdams

Hailing From : England, United Kingdoms

PostSubject: Re: That's that shit I don't like   March 11th 2017, 4:26 am

@Jamie O'Hara wrote:
@Mike Showman wrote:

You're free to post another promo after 24 hours. After 48? Shouldn't have an ounce of sympathy and fire away again. Sandbagging is a cunt move but it's also one that can undo most. Posting two, three throughout the week (giving them plenty of time to respond if possible of course) shows effort and commitment; no matter how good that one is at the end of the week, you'll get the win with ease.

If they choose not to respond, then it sucks for them. If your opponent wants to ignore you, which is a sign of showing no respect, then don't wait for them to respond; go for the throat and get the win. 

See, I've been wondering about proper etiquette in this matter. I used to promo daily but was told that its good manners to wait for another person to promo back, but after waiting a couple of days I'm always just like, really? At this point is it improper to post more. 

Anyway, this was an uplifting post.

Achievements
Former Hardcore Champion 
1 Successful Title Defense
1X Rising star of the week
1X Promoer of the week (with others at Shock Value top prospect match
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: That's that shit I don't like   March 11th 2017, 6:20 am

@Jamie O'Hara wrote:
@Mike Showman wrote:

That's a really good advice. Thanks and next time I will do what you said.

Thank you for this Jakob DeLion 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: That's that shit I don't like   March 11th 2017, 6:50 am

@Jon McAdams wrote:
@Jamie O'Hara wrote:
@Mike Showman wrote:

See, I've been wondering about proper etiquette in this matter. I used to promo daily but was told that its good manners to wait for another person to promo back, but after waiting a couple of days I'm always just like, really? At this point is it improper to post more. 

Anyway, this was an uplifting post.

If I was in your position, I would give them 48 hours at most. You want to better your position on the card, you want to further yourself; 24 hours is the rule, I don't believe there's any reason to bound yourself beyond it. People will bitch and complain about "good manners" but I'd ignore it. You're putting in the effort; you shouldn't lose matches, shouldn't have matches not happen, shouldn't have your place on the card stunted because someone higher up didn't want to put in the same level of effort. You take your opportunities with both hands and make the most of it.

Hell, those wins you get against those kinds of people shouldn't be indecisive either; they should be clean and significant for you. Those opponents don't deserve to be "protected" regardless of their place.

I personally think some people reach a certain stage in EAW where they believe they've earned enough "respect" for people in your situation, your place on the card to wait until they speak to respond. But fuck that. Anyone too comfortable to think and act that way deserves to lose. Wouldn't be surprised if those are the same people telling you it's proper etiquette to wait.

GLORY GLORY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

That's that shit I don't like

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3