Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do you agree with typical gender roles? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do you agree with typical gender roles? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Do you agree with typical gender roles? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Do you agree with typical gender roles? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Do you agree with typical gender roles? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Do you agree with typical gender roles? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Do you agree with typical gender roles? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Do you agree with typical gender roles? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Do you agree with typical gender roles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

Do you agree with typical gender roles? Empty
PostSubject: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyJuly 14th 2015, 1:08 am

E.g. a man should always open the door for a woman, should always keep the toilet seat down afterward, while a woman should be expected to know how to cook and change the diapers of their children. Obviously, those are some extreme examples and everything varies, but to what extent do you believe in gender roles?
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyJuly 14th 2015, 9:29 am

I think too much is made out of the whole gender inequality thing.  Sure, it's there, it exists, not to the extent that some would want you to believe though.  Women shouldn't be offended by a man opening a door for them.  It's a sign of respect, not a commentary on your gender's inability to open doors. Royalty and the rich have doors opened for them all of the time and they don't do shit.  If a man opens a door for you, it's because he respects your gender.

A majority of the great cooks in this world are men, so fuck that stereotype.  i can't cook worth shit, and I doubt my wife's culinary prowess will be about as big a deal to me as mine is to her.  And everyone should know how to change a diaper.  Babies shit, and they don't care who gets the shit off of them.

My general take is that whatever you feel is your identity should be your identity.  If you buy into the disney princess pink wash, fine.  I have strong feminist friends who buy into that mentality, and it doesn't mean they think they're subservient to men.  If anything, she's one of the strongest women I know simply because she refuses to bend to some LGBT appointed Doc Martins clad doctrine.  If you want to be Ms. New Wave Gypsy Earth Toned Mother Nature Wind Goddess, that's fine, too.  I have female friends like that who preach feminism, but also pine over abusive assholes who never loved them and live in denial over who they are and what they love.  Does that mean every new age 'I am woman, hear me roar' feminist is like that? No, but it's sad seeing someone think that pretending to be something they're not will somehow make them powerful just because they have a 'sisterhood' pushing the new gender tropes on them.

Just be who you are and don't worry about what's between your legs.  Just don't be a dick to others and impose whatever gender hangups you have on other people.  Quit living in ism's and be you.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyJuly 14th 2015, 9:34 am

My answer to this is the same as my answer to everything else that for some reason is an issue.. I think everyone should do whatever the fuck they want regardless of what anyone says or thinks about it. If you're a person who believes so strongly that everyone should do what you think they should do, you have a real fucking mental problem and you need to sit the fuck down and reevaluate yourself because that mentality is fucking retarded.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyNovember 18th 2016, 1:04 am

Let me say that I don't mind if a woman wants to work hard, go to college, and be her own person. That's all fine and dandy. But the behavior that's been cultivated in Western civilization lately isn't really all that appealing to me. There's nothing wrong with a woman who wants to be submissive to her husband or significant other. There's nothing wrong with a woman who wants to be a stay-at-home housewife who cooks for her husband and changes kids' diapers. If a woman DOESN'T want to do that, by all means. But a man is not "sexist" just because he looks for certain qualities in a woman, just like a woman who wants her significant other to be a handyman that knows how to repair the plumbing or fix the television isn't being unreasonable. So much peer pressure is being put on women in today's society to do things that the generation of women before them either didn't have the ability or opportunity to do, but secretly I'm sure there are a lot of females who neither fit traditional stereotypes nor want to adhere to the modern convention where you're supposed to be overly ambitious.
Back to top Go down
вrσdч spαrks .
Empire
Empire
вrσdч spαrks .

Hailing From : Brockton ✈ Seattle
Status : ís єvíl sσmєthíng чσu αrє? σr ís ít sσmєthíng чσu dσ?

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyNovember 30th 2016, 2:58 pm

I agree to a certain extent. Cooking is something everyone should know how to do, as is diaper changing and raising a child. Women are just naturally good at it because we are the women, we care, we cater to that kind of stuff. I believe at the end of the day , people do as they please. However me personally. I am raised traditionally. I believe a woman should be able to cook, clean, etc. Nothing is wrong with being a housewife who works from home at all. Nothing is wrong with gender roles. What's wrong is people shitting on women who enjoy gender roles.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyNovember 30th 2016, 3:07 pm

Personally No... I was born in a family where my dad because of him opening his office at our home would be doing all the cooking and the traditionally female roles. Like Brody said, everyone should know the basic stuffs like clean up, cooking and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Laura Laine

Laura Laine

Hailing From : Winnipeg (You idiot)

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyNovember 30th 2016, 4:54 pm

Usually when I date someone we base who pays for the next Timmi's run with certain bets.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyNovember 30th 2016, 5:22 pm

I identify as a lawnchair
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Voltage
Voltage
Finnegan Wakefield

Hailing From : Great Britain (actually Australia)

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyNovember 30th 2016, 5:23 pm

I don't believe gender roles should just be expected from someone. A man can't just expect a woman to cook and clean for him or a woman expect a man to open doors and pay for meals. It comes down to the individual which traits he has. I personally offer to pay for meals and open doors for women out of chivalry, but i do not expect a lady to cook and clean for me, if she does, cool.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? EmptyNovember 30th 2016, 8:13 pm

I'm flexible in the matter.

When it comes to dates I've been willing to pay for her or not if she wants to pay for herself, it'll just end up random if I see her pulling out her money to pay for her stuff or if we're asked if one person is paying I'll say sure and do. I'd be willing to do some cooking since I obviously I am able to survive, same for dishes and laundry. I'll do the shovelling of snow and all that, but I wouldn't argue if she comes out to help. At the same time, I'm not a moron, I'm not going to be the one doing EVERYTHING, it'll be a balance.

I will say this, I've never gotten the gentleman clause dudes have for random women. This doesn't apply to me since I'm Canadian, and we hold doors open for everyone, but I don't get the idea as to why dudes would go around holding doors for random chicks or anything like that. Unless you're family or we're dating, I don't care if your a woman in anything that I do. Going extra for female strangers, is completely ridiculous.

When it comes to children, on her end at best we're doing the hyphen or combo, no way I'd let my kids last name be the girl's only.

As for gender roles in general, I must admit I'm kind of silly. I really like the colour purple, but I'd never wear it because to me that's a female colour. At the same time, I never really got the deal with dudes who have issues playing females in video games or seeing them as main characters in movies, seems stupid to me. Who cares? If I was a female, I wouldn't wear high heels, so I don't really demand that females play by any gender roles either. But I don't get deluded enough to believe men and women are the same, or any of the transsexual stuff-I'll call them by their desired pronoun, but I don't generally believe their w.e gender they claim.-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with typical gender roles?   Do you agree with typical gender roles? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you agree with typical gender roles?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1