Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions Empty
PostSubject: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 12:54 am

Now that both the live show and primetime replay have passed, I figured why not have a Reactions thread for those who decided to watch it. For those who have yet to watch it, I definitely recommend checking it out.

LINK TO THE SHOW: http://watchwrestling.ch/watch-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-9-2015/

Best Match - 

Best Moment - 

Most Shocking Moment/Result - 

Who stole the show - 

Ratings/Comments - 
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 1:09 am

Best Match - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Kota Ibushi for the Intercontinental Championship. Fantastic match with great chemistry from both men. It's easy for people to think Kota is a run-of-the-mill spot monkey, but he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can hang with the best of them and may as well be considered the "4th Man" in NJPW's inner circle of awesomeness behind Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Shinsuke Nakamura. Nakamura asked for a joker and he got it yesterday. I hope to see more from Kota in the future and I'm happy to see Nakamura continue his reign as the King of Strong Style and Swag.

Best Moment - In a match, I'd have to say possibly Kota Ibushi hitting a top rope-aided German Suplex on Nakamura from the apron into the ring. I thought that shit broke Nakamura's neck for a second. Not in a match, I'd have to say either the best friends of Shibata and Goto celebrating their win or Okada legit crying following his defeat.

Most Shocking Moment/Result - For me, it was definitely Okada losing and his genuine crying after the loss. I'm not gonna take away ANYTHING from Tanahashi, because he truly is one of the best wrestlers in the World, but I was certain he would be sort of passing the torch to Okada and losing. However, NJPW surprised me and instead Tanahashi came out victorious and even told Okada that he's still far from being the Ace (basically). The entire thing was just great. I could say I wanted the torch to be passed to Okada since he's obviously the future and Tanahashi is the past, but the fact is Okada is not quite YET the future and Tanahashi not quite YET the past. They still have a lot more road to travel. Okada may have just suffered his greatest defeat and now I believe he and Tanahashi are 3-3, so I look forward to seeing how the story ends.

Who stole the show - Ibushi and Nakamura.

Ratings/Comments - 10/10 from me. There wasn't a single match I didn't enjoy for one reason or another, and the last two bouts were definite MOTY contenders. I hope this turned a lot of people on to NJPW, because they definitely deserve the exposure. There was a lot of hype going into this event, and I'm happy to say it delivered, at least in my opinion.

Last edited by Ares Vendetta on January 5th 2015, 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 1:25 am

Best Match - Tanahashi vs Okada

Best Moment - Tough, but I'm going to go with Goto and Shibata winning the tag titles. There's a lot I could choose, Tanahashi's High Fly Flow to the outside, Styles Clash on the second rope, Ibushi's deadlift German over the top rope or Okada's reaction to the ending of the match but having their story told really made it easy to connect with their win. Truly felt special. 

Most Shocking - I'd say Ibushi losing. I don't think he's solidified that 4th place behind Okada and thought wining the IC title would do exactly that.

Who Stole The Show - Kenny Omega. Again, easy to give it to the top guys however I never really watched much of Omega coming into the show and loved everything he did.

Rating/Comments - 10/10. Hands down the best show I've seen since...well last Wrestle Kingdom. You know you've witnessed something special when the final three matches are five stars. Admittedly I didn't have much interest in the two tag matches following the Fatal Four Way but still, not everything is going to be enjoyed. Having English commentary was excellent. Striker at times was unbearable with his smarkiness but otherwise his knowledge and bringing me up to speed on the storylines was so welcomed. JR was a bit shakey but warmed into it as the night went on and how he called the main event was truly something special. It's amazing how much his voice is missed when it comes to big moments in the WWE. It's going to be hard going back to Raw tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 9:29 am

Best Match - Tanahashi vs Okada - I felt this was better than their past matches and possibly one of the best matches I've ever seen. Nine High Fly Flows and from all kinds of angles before Tanahashi won it. Okada's selling after the match was amazing as was Tanahashi rubbing salt in the wounds. Tanahashi is always compared to Cena but aside from being 100x the wrestler Cena is, he's also not afraid to act cocky or play the heel when necessary to tell a great story.

Best Moment - It's hard to pick but I think I will go with Minoru Suzuki's show of respect after his match. It was very out of character for him and with the new blonde hair it almost seemed like a face turn. I doubt it will last though and I hope he's back to beating up young boys and officials shortly. Oh and Honma's win was a cool moment and I hope he gets a push this year.

Most Shocking - I'd probably say reDRagon retaining. I expected The Young Bucks to win the opening match. Everything else really wasn't that shocking to me, I was right on my predictions for everything else.

Who Stole The Show - I'll go with Kota Ibushi. He was incredible and if you've seen his last match with Nakamura it really sold the story of him trying to finally break through to the main event. There was kind of a theme on this show of the veteran main eventers barely holding on to their spots but still holding on to them against the rising future. There's some serious change coming to NJPW, it's only a matter of time, and it will be awesome when it happens.

Rating/Comments - 10/10. The commentary was bad for the first half of the show and it felt like Jim Ross was reading off a script of lines he wanted to get in after every match. It didn't feel real like his old work. But the second half of the show was much better. Striker was Striker it was pretty much what you expect from him. Every match was great. My favorite NJPW wrestler Tomohiro Ishii lost but I was expecting it and his match with Makabe was great and brutal like I expected. Ishii is sneakily stealing every NJPW show in the undercard imo but his style isn't as fun as the top guys and he's almost 40 so it's hard to say he will get the kind of push I feel he should. Styles vs. Naito was good and felt like it was leading to Tanahashi vs. Styles for the title which would be epic. This was essentially a perfect show, NJPW sets the wrestling standard every year and all other wrestlers should be trying to top this.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 1:27 pm

TLA wrote:
Best Match - Tanahashi vs Okada - I felt this was better than their past matches and possibly one of the best matches I've ever seen. Nine High Fly Flows and from all kinds of angles before Tanahashi won it. Okada's selling after the match was amazing as was Tanahashi rubbing salt in the wounds. Tanahashi is always compared to Cena but aside from being 100x the wrestler Cena is, he's also not afraid to act cocky or play the heel when necessary to tell a great story.

Best Moment - It's hard to pick but I think I will go with Minoru Suzuki's show of respect after his match. It was very out of character for him and with the new blonde hair it almost seemed like a face turn. I doubt it will last though and I hope he's back to beating up young boys and officials shortly. Oh and Honma's win was a cool moment and I hope he gets a push this year.

Most Shocking - I'd probably say reDRagon retaining. I expected The Young Bucks to win the opening match. Everything else really wasn't that shocking to me, I was right on my predictions for everything else.

Who Stole The Show - I'll go with Kota Ibushi. He was incredible and if you've seen his last match with Nakamura it really sold the story of him trying to finally break through to the main event. There was kind of a theme on this show of the veteran main eventers barely holding on to their spots but still holding on to them against the rising future. There's some serious change coming to NJPW, it's only a matter of time, and it will be awesome when it happens.

Rating/Comments - 10/10. The commentary was bad for the first half of the show and it felt like Jim Ross was reading off a script of lines he wanted to get in after every match. It didn't feel real like his old work. But the second half of the show was much better. Striker was Striker it was pretty much what you expect from him. Every match was great. My favorite NJPW wrestler Tomohiro Ishii lost but I was expecting it and his match with Makabe was great and brutal like I expected. Ishii is sneakily stealing every NJPW show in the undercard imo but his style isn't as fun as the top guys and he's almost 40 so it's hard to say he will get the kind of push I feel he should. Styles vs. Naito was good and felt like it was leading to Tanahashi vs. Styles for the title which would be epic. This was essentially a perfect show, NJPW sets the wrestling standard every year and all other wrestlers should be trying to top this.

Yeah, I watched New Year's Dash earlier this morning; Suzuki is back to his old ways with his hair dyed back to black and beating the shit out of Kojima with a chair (and beating up on everyone else).

As for the AJ/Tanahashi thing, you'd be right. After the Bullet Club beat Meiyu Tag, Tanahashi, and Naito, AJ got on the mic and demanded a rematch for the IWGP World Title, so it seems as though it'll be AJ vs Tanahashi rematch at the New Beginning.

Side note: Scott Hall's son, Cody Hall, has joined the Bullet Club as their "Young Boy" aka their version of NJPW's Young Lions, so he's basically their bitch and can't even wear Bullet Club colors until they feel he's ready. Interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 3:59 pm

Best Match -   Tied between the World Heavyweight Championship match and IC Championship match

Best Moment -  Kenny Omega winning the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Most Shocking Moment/Result -  Tanahashi retaining

Who stole the show -  Kenny Omega

Ratings/Comments -  10/10

Last edited by Lucian Black on January 5th 2015, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 4:16 pm

I wrote a detailed analysis of this whole show, but I fucking somehow accidentally clicked on something and fucking lost all of what I wrote. So instead I'll just give this show a 10/10 and be on my way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 4:31 pm

I loved the 4 way match for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship...my favorite match aside from Kenny Omega's title win!

Also, what's the post limit to pm people...I got your message but can't reply
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 4:34 pm

Sparrow101 wrote:
I loved the 4 way match for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship...my favorite match aside from Kenny Omega's title win!

Also, what's the post limit to pm people...I got your message but can't reply

You need 10 forum posts first
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions EmptyJanuary 5th 2015, 4:36 pm

Thx dude...been getting messages about inactivity when I was just waiting for my first match. Wasn't able to let them know. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions   Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestle Kingdom 9 Reactions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1