EAW | Season 11
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ROAD TO REDEMPTION 11 HAS BEEN POSTED IN IT'S ENTIRETY HERE THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS YEAR'S RTR A SUCCESS || VOLTAGE FPV, SHOCK VALUE, WILL TAKE PLACE SATURDAY NOVEMBER 25TH, 2017 AT 6PM EST! TUNE INTO THE EAW DISCORD SERVER TO SEE IT TAKE PLACE LIVE! || EMPIRE'S FIRST EVER FPV "BLOODLETTER" WILL TAKE PLACE LIVE ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9TH AT 6PM EST! THE BLOODLETTER PAGE HAS BEEN POSTED HERE || PLEASE DONATE TO THE GOFUNDME FOR MAVIS "BRODY SPARKS" STERLING'S FUNERAL EXPENSES AT THIS LINK HELP THIS CAMPAIGN REACH GOAL FOR OUR BELOVED FRIEND. WE LOVE YOU BRODY.
Top posting users this week
Ryan Wilson

Finnegan Wakefield

Jon McAdams

坂崎ハルナ

Chelsea Crowe

April Song

Nobi

Azumi Goto

Stephanie Matsuda

Harvey Yorke

Latest topics
» EAW Promoz!
by Ares Vendetta Today at 1:23 am

» EAW Feed
by Ryan Wilson Today at 12:57 am

» NEO Wrestling Card November 29th
by Finnegan Wakefield Yesterday at 11:30 pm

» The Compliment Game
by April Song Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Like, Dislike, and Confession
by 坂崎ハルナ Yesterday at 11:05 pm

» EAW SHOCK VALUE 2017 PREDICTIONS THREAD
by Irónico Yesterday at 9:06 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Share | 

Rate the last movie you watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:35 pm

American Sniper (ironically): 7.5/10

SAIL

"Least you can do is make her came" Tyler Parker, 2015
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:17 am

Wolf Children - 9/10

A beautiful film, both in animation and storytelling. I was honestly skeptical at first because I've heard so much praise for it, but it definitely took me by surprise, especially since I didn't care much for the Director's previous film (Summer Wars). I bought this just cause I happened to be somewhere where it was available, and I'm glad I did. Well worth the watch.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Christian Locke

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:09 pm

10 Cloverfield Lane - 7.7/10

Cool idea for the movie but they should have done better

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 8/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Deadpool - 8.4/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Suicide Squad - 8.5/10

Initially I thought it was going to be an epic movie. Then the reviews started coming in and my expectations diminished a bit. I still wanted to see it and decide whether it was a good movie or not myself. I just got back from the movie theater and I was NOT disappointed. Clearly those who said the movie sucked are Marvel fanboys. It was nowhere near a perfect movie, yeah. But it wasn't bad at all. I kinda wish Leto's Joker showed up more but I can see why he didn't appear much in the movie. He was never a part of the Suicide Squad in other DC comics shit if my memory serves well. I loved Leto's version of The Joker nonetheless. So much I've started considering doing a character with him as pic base. I thought his interpretation was unique, very different to The Joker we are used to seeing but still great. Obviously, there will never be a Joker like Ledger's. Margot Robbie stole the show for me which is exactly what I was expecting her to do. I fell in love with her Harley Quinn. Besides Joker/Harley I loved Captain Boomerang as well. But yeah, it wasn't a bad movie by any means. IDC what the critics say I enjoyed it and I loved it. IMO it was better than Batman v Superman and better than Civil War (Which was so overrated by people) too. Yeah, I'm excited for the future of the DC comics universe again thanks to this movie. If you like this sort of movies I exhort you all to go see it asap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keelan Cetinich
Voltage
Voltage

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Lucian Black wrote:
Suicide Squad - 8.5/10

I gave it this exact rating too. The pace was a little slow but man, it was still a fun film. I loved it, and I've seen it twice now. It also sets up for a lot of future DC films too which is great. The acting is A-grade and I reckon it's one of Will Smith's best acted films of his career.

Record: 20-1-16
Most Recent Match: with Finnegan Wakefield & Chris Elite def. Jamie O'Hara, Lars Grier & Jon McAdams (Voltage).
EAW Championships/Accolades: 
- 2x Rising Star of the Week
- 4x Match of the Week
- 1x Promoer of the Week
- 3x Beef of the Week
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kurt_Burton

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Rocky Horror Picture Show 9/10

Black Hawk Down 9.5/10

Credit to Rhyse for the awesome banner!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Suicide Squad  3/10

The dialogue was mostly crap, the script was crap, the backstories that weren't exposition dumped out of nowhere were just random flashbacks.  There are 4 good actors in the entire thing trying to do something cool, those being Jared Leto who turned in a good Joker, Margot Robbie who did well as Harley Quinn, Viola Davis whom was an awesome Waller, and Jai Courtney who had zero direction and almost less screen time.  Will Smith was entertaining, but it felt like a phoned in 90's Will Smith, which there's nothing wrong with, it's just been done and didn't feel succinct to the character.  Allegiances made zero sense, including Killshot and Harley. Outside of the events in the movie, they had zero time together as they were both stowed away in their respective prisons.  Yet, when  Harley screws Killshot over, he lets her go in favor of actually getting to see the 'only thing he cares about in this world.'  Katana did nothing, made no sense, and couldn't seem to decide whose side she was on.  Killer Croc...ugh...Killer Croc....As for the villain, she was a mess.  She had no discernible reason to do the things she did other than the tired trope of 'world domination for the sake of world domination'.  They threw a soundtrack into the most random of places, as if to say 'look at us! We're cool! We're hip! We're playing 40 year old songs out of context! We're like Guardians.'  I have almost zero complaints about the handling of Joker and Harley.  Their stuff in general was good, which is a good sign considering this was all clearly spinoff bait for Harley and Joker to get their own vehicle in the future.

I feel like this movie was a major victim of editing and rewrites and I'd love to see a director's cut down the line, because there was some promise with the actors filling out their parts, but not necessarily getting the time to flesh out the knitty gritty of each, or their relationships with one another, outside of Joker and Harley who got the full backstory treatment in the most complimentary way possible.  It's not good that it's easy to see whose not showing up in the DCMU after this simply by watching this film once, and I'm not just talking about Slipknot when I say that.  DC should stick to their cartoons.  Outside of Batman prior to a couple of years ago, nothing they've done live action has surpassed their animated features, and even then I'd highly contest that Mask of the Phantasm is in the top 3 great Batman films of all time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keelan Cetinich
Voltage
Voltage

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:21 pm

@ThePizzaBoy wrote:
Suicide Squad  3/10

This m'fucker right here...  :comeon:

Record: 20-1-16
Most Recent Match: with Finnegan Wakefield & Chris Elite def. Jamie O'Hara, Lars Grier & Jon McAdams (Voltage).
EAW Championships/Accolades: 
- 2x Rising Star of the Week
- 4x Match of the Week
- 1x Promoer of the Week
- 3x Beef of the Week
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Aren Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Suicide Squad 6/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:13 am

@ThePizzaBoy wrote:
Suicide Squad  3/10

The dialogue was mostly crap, the script was crap, the backstories that weren't exposition dumped out of nowhere were just random flashbacks.  There are 4 good actors in the entire thing trying to do something cool, those being Jared Leto who turned in a good Joker, Margot Robbie who did well as Harley Quinn, Viola Davis whom was an awesome Waller, and Jai Courtney who had zero direction and almost less screen time.  Will Smith was entertaining, but it felt like a phoned in 90's Will Smith, which there's nothing wrong with, it's just been done and didn't feel succinct to the character.  Allegiances made zero sense, including Killshot and Harley. Outside of the events in the movie, they had zero time together as they were both stowed away in their respective prisons.  Yet, when  Harley screws Killshot over, he lets her go in favor of actually getting to see the 'only thing he cares about in this world.'  Katana did nothing, made no sense, and couldn't seem to decide whose side she was on.  Killer Croc...ugh...Killer Croc....As for the villain, she was a mess.  She had no discernible reason to do the things she did other than the tired trope of 'world domination for the sake of world domination'.  They threw a soundtrack into the most random of places, as if to say 'look at us! We're cool! We're hip! We're playing 40 year old songs out of context! We're like Guardians.'  I have almost zero complaints about the handling of Joker and Harley.  Their stuff in general was good, which is a good sign considering this was all clearly spinoff bait for Harley and Joker to get their own vehicle in the future.

I feel like this movie was a major victim of editing and rewrites and I'd love to see a director's cut down the line, because there was some promise with the actors filling out their parts, but not necessarily getting the time to flesh out the knitty gritty of each, or their relationships with one another, outside of Joker and Harley who got the full backstory treatment in the most complimentary way possible.  It's not good that it's easy to see whose not showing up in the DCMU after this simply by watching this film once, and I'm not just talking about Slipknot when I say that.  DC should stick to their cartoons.  Outside of Batman prior to a couple of years ago, nothing they've done live action has surpassed their animated features, and even then I'd highly contest that Mask of the Phantasm is in the top 3 great Batman films of all time.
You got a point or two there. I still loved the movie tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okane Moeru

Hailing From : A nice mansion in Akihabara

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:30 pm

The Last: Naruto The Movie
10/10 Awesome movie if you're a Naruto Fan, Funny, Emotional, Great Animation, NaruHina is now Canon, it's the Best Anime Movie I've seen so far. Even Better than Resurrection F!

あなたは値札を持っており、私はあなたを買うでしょう!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rattik

Hailing From : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Hoosiers

10/10 a classic sport drama that makes me cry everytime I watch it. Probably in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

Thanks Ryan Marx

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Suicide Squad 4/10

Jared Leto was great but his Joker was nothing compared to Heath Ledger's. The soundtrack was good but it can't save a movie that didn't live up to it's hype

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Lucian Black wrote:
@ThePizzaBoy wrote:
Suicide Squad  3/10

You got a point or two there. I still loved the movie tho.

That's fine.  A lot of people do, and there's plenty to like about it.  It's just weighed down by the gaping flaws for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:49 pm

@Keelan Cetinich wrote:
@ThePizzaBoy wrote:
Suicide Squad  3/10

This m'fucker right here...  :comeon:
:bolieve:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:25 am

@ThePizzaBoy wrote:
Suicide Squad  3/10

Damn.

It isn't the best movie of all time, far from it. But I would to give it 7/10. I chose to ignore the plot and just got along with the ride. Definitely a fun movie and Suicide Squad is enough to be added into my DVD collection. Yes, SS is the last movie I have watched to date, which is a week ago, lol.

Thanks to Ryan Marx for the signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:15 am

Although I fucking loved Jared's version of The Joker I think it's kind of unfair to compare his Joker to Ledger's. We've only seen like what? 10 mins of this new Joker? Whereas the previous Joker basically has an entire movie about him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:05 am

Lucian Black wrote:
Although I fucking loved Jared's version of The Joker I think it's kind of unfair to compare his Joker to Ledger's. We've only seen like what? 10 mins of this new Joker? Whereas the previous Joker basically has an entire movie about him.

Completely agree on Leto.  I thought he did a good enough job to put doubters to rest, but he's also kind of barely in the film enough to gauge where he'd take the character.  It's pointless to compare Jokers because people are always going to have their generational favorites, be it Romero, Nicholson, Hamill, or Ledger.  They're all great performances that take away from their predecessors without having to be a complete carbon copy act.  I've also convinced myself that Ledger watched a whole hell of a loooot of Brian Pillman, but that's my own crazy conspiracy theory.  We should all just be happy that there really hasn't been a Joker that flat out sucks.  You can't say that about Lex Luthor, Venom, Catwoman, or quite a few other rogues gallery favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryder

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:09 am

The Dark Knight (Rewatch): 9/10. Puts lots of comic book movies to shame, especially whatever that garbage truck on fire we refer to at the DCEU. Probably was a 10/10 the first time I watched, but Bale's batman and Bale's Bruce Wayne are just not the same after seeing Affleck. Hoping that's Affleck's solo film can ignore the shittiness that the DCEU consistently puts out and develops into the single greatest Batman movie ever. Back to TDK, really the writing and Joke and Harvey/Two-Face performances are too perfect.

BEST POLYGAMY IN THE BUSINESS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:20 am

Austin Powers in Goldmember - 10/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryder

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:57 am

Watchmen - 8.2/10

First impression of this was amazing. It's hard to believe Snyder could go from this to whatever shitshows he is doing now. The action in this was limited, probably only like 5-8 real fight scenes and they never were overwhelming; just badass. Nothing elevates this film more than its soundtrack, hands down better than 99% of films, just amazing. Casting was great, made me care for the characters and again, for a Snyder film, the plot stayed pretty steady yet mysteriously misleading the whole time. The ending was absolute garbage and there was some weird, ho-hum melancholy vibes as it concluded. Solid watch, impressive and great and disappointing at the same time.

BEST POLYGAMY IN THE BUSINESS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Remember The Titans: 10/10 (rewatched it for countless time).

It is a great movie, very inspirational. Mind you, this is based on a true story, albeit they exaggerated some stuffs. Oh yes, this movie is an American Football movie. (Thanks to Lioncross for reccomending it 5 years ago)

Thanks to Ryan Marx for the signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind 10/10

Instant classsic. A great way to spread a environmental message for a 1984 movie. 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   

Back to top Go down

Rate the last movie you watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next