EAW | Season 11
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ROAD TO REDEMPTION 11 HAS BEEN POSTED IN IT'S ENTIRETY HERE THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS YEAR'S RTR A SUCCESS || VOLTAGE FPV, SHOCK VALUE, WILL TAKE PLACE SATURDAY NOVEMBER 25TH, 2017 AT 6PM EST! TUNE INTO THE EAW DISCORD SERVER TO SEE IT TAKE PLACE LIVE! || EMPIRE'S FIRST EVER FPV "BLOODLETTER" WILL TAKE PLACE LIVE ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9TH AT 6PM EST! THE BLOODLETTER PAGE HAS BEEN POSTED HERE || PLEASE DONATE TO THE GOFUNDME FOR MAVIS "BRODY SPARKS" STERLING'S FUNERAL EXPENSES AT THIS LINK HELP THIS CAMPAIGN REACH GOAL FOR OUR BELOVED FRIEND. WE LOVE YOU BRODY.
Top posting users this week
坂崎ハルナ

Jon McAdams

Ryan Wilson

Finnegan Wakefield

Nobi

Amadeus

Keelan Cetinich

thefranchise

Bhris Elite

Wild Boys

Latest topics
» EAW Promoz!
by "The Goods" Blake Bolton Today at 6:29 pm

» EAW Feed
by Moongoose McQueen Today at 6:08 pm

by Nobi Today at 5:22 pm

» Lars Grier
by Lars Grier Today at 12:09 am

» NEO Promoz
by Sinister Ace [Pehrox] Yesterday at 10:53 pm

» What song are you listening to right now?
by 坂崎ハルナ Yesterday at 2:28 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Share | 

Rate the last movie you watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 5:11 pm

@Brian Daniels wrote:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: 10/10, surpassed the original. It did everything better. And that's quite a tough movie to top. That's also considering that both of these movies are superior to Avengers. I'm really excited for the third and final volume of the trilogy. I hope they have an important role in Infinity Wars.

To further explain since I was at the work. Here's a better reasoning for the 10/10.

The Comedy: It was so much better in this one. Unless you're a stick in the mud and have a dry sense of humor, it was hilarious. The jokes all came at the right time. I know people are going to complain at the lack of Star-Lord's humor, but this was an emotional movie for him. He barely had enough room to crack jokes like the others.

The Story: I absolutely love how they twisted Peter's father story. I personally prefer the movie version compared to the comics. It explained how Peter had sustained so many ass kickings and survived. And the twist with his mother and father, those who have seen the movie will know, was brilliantly done. They actually separated the Guardians for a while to give them their own development. Rocket with Yondu was an amazing decision and was one of my favorite sub plots to the movie. I never thought that Rocket would be a type to open up. Then you have Drax who absolutely killed it. You can still tell he's confused, but he's starting to slowly understand metaphors. He was absolutely brilliant. I also love how Groot was a brilliant comedic relief during the entire movie. Both Guardians opening with a dance sequence and Groot nails it with his. The Nebula and Gamora mov E actually made me like Gamora a whole lot more. She was so whiny in the first, but her character redeemed herself. I also know people will complain about The Soveirgn and how they were useless. But they're wrong. They were used to set up a massive character known as Adam Warlock. Not to mention, Disney continues to allow more genuine cussing. That made me feel happy inside. Yondu's story altogether might be the MVP of this film. You can nitpick and act like a typical Rotten Tomatoe critic, but there's hardly any flaws with the movie. It leaves you wanting more and you're left to wonder "How will Earth respond to this? How will Guardians connect with The Avengers?" It was its own movie and I love how it wasn't treated as a filler to add the Guardians to the Infinity Wars.

The Action: THOSE FIGHT SCENES THOUGH. James Gunn is truly the Christopher Nolan for Marvel. Star-Lord absolutely blasting ??? (You know who) apart. Yondu just straight up dropping people left and right with his arrow. Rocket's sequence with The Ravengers was absolutely hilarious and well done. Nebula vs. Gamora was out of nowhere and was touching at the end. Drax vs. the squid. He took that mother fucker down on his own. (According to Drax)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 5:11 pm

Power Rangers. 7/10. A bit cheesy, but better than expected.

Cloud Matsuda's Wiki Profile! - UPDATED (signature credits go to Brody, Tarah, and Oni!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 5:13 pm

@Brian Daniels wrote:
@Keelan Cetinich wrote:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: 7/10.

Nowhere near as good as the first. Had some great action, effects were incredible but some of the jokes felt rather forced and I found myself sitting there during some parts wondering, "am I supposed to be laughing right now?". I also found myself getting a little bored during the middle of the movie, and the during/after credits scenes were meh. I almost gave this movie a 6/10 but the final 25-30 minutes were fucking awesome so bumped that shit up. 

Sorry Brian I love you and respect your opinion, but this was NOT a 10/10 movie to me.

I hate you and don't respect your opinion.

You also like The Miz, thus any opinion you have is irrelevant! :cena:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lars Grier
Voltage
Voltage

Hailing From : Places

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 6:36 pm

@Keelan Cetinich wrote:

Nowhere near as good as the first. Had some great action, effects were incredible but some of the jokes felt rather forced and I found myself sitting there during some parts wondering, "am I supposed to be laughing right now?". I also found myself getting a little bored during the middle of the movie, and the during/after credits scenes were meh. I almost gave this movie a 6/10 but the final 25-30 minutes were fucking awesome so bumped that shit up. 

Sorry Brian I love you and respect your opinion, but this was NOT a 10/10 movie to me.
The jokes were the best part about the entire film, you dumbass koala.  :dave:

Also I agree with Brian, but probably like a 9/10 for me. I loved the action, as well as the story (especially with Peter/Ego), but I think the jokes were a little bit too excessive. But, it was still great.

(Signature created by me; if you want to request for one, PM me)

(Signature by the legendary Harvey Yorke)

CHAMPIONSHIPS/ACCOLADES:
1x Promoer of the Week
3x Rising Star of the Week

(Check out Lars' wikia page here!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Unmasked
Dynasty
Dynasty

Hailing From : Detroit Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 8:09 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 8/10

Great movie. Definitely enjoyed it. Didn't blow me away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Senn
Dynasty
Dynasty

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 11:17 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 10/10

(Credit to Brody Sparks for the graphic.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Keelan Cetinich
Voltage
Voltage

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 11:19 pm

@Brian Daniels wrote:
@Brian Daniels wrote:
@Keelan Cetinich wrote:

I hate you and don't respect your opinion.

You also like The Miz, thus any opinion you have is irrelevant! :cena:

:perfect:

Record: 19-1-16
Most Recent Match: lost the Voltage Extreme Elimination Chamber (Road to Redemption).
EAW Championships/Accolades: 
- 2x Rising Star of the Week
- 4x Match of the Week
- 1x Promoer of the Week
- 3x Beef of the Week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 15th 2017, 2:32 am

Guardians of the Galaxy 2:

8.5/10

I admittedly prefer the 1st one, but this one had a lot of great moments and quality. I honestly thought Starlord wasn't as impressive in this one, but the dynamic with you know who was definitely a great story. The support characters of the "Guardians" were the best part of the movie - specifically Rocket and Drax. There was SOME forced comedy, but that came upon the shoulders of Starlord and Nebula in my honest opinion. But it's a very, very enjoyable movie with not a whole lot of flaws. I'm not the type to pick apart each flaw, I just know I enjoyed the 1st one more... but that's a lot to live up to. I considered GOTG1 to be the best Marvel movie of all-time. This is top-5, and I can't wait to see what happens going forward.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   June 17th 2017, 7:35 am

Drive 7.5/10

Watched it for the first time earlier this morning. I'd say, this is the closest movie to a GTA 3 movie, lol.

Thanks to Ryan Marx for the signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   June 28th 2017, 2:35 am

Transformer 5

5/10

Won't say anything since this is a new movie but I would say, I expected better. Try to watch it by yourself though, you might have a different opinion than me(H).

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Macho Man Johnny Nova
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Detroit, MI

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   June 28th 2017, 9:20 am

Death Race 2050. 7.5/10

Not the best movie, but if you enjoyed the original and love campy horror type movies this might be a gem that you would want to see. I enjoyed it a lot. But I can't put it above a 7.5 just because what it is, is a very b movie that can be enjoyable if you are into that kind of thing. It's available for streaming on Netflix.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   June 28th 2017, 7:27 pm

10/10 
Get Out

IMPERIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Diamond
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   June 28th 2017, 7:36 pm

It was a re-watch but Rogue One: 7/10

I'm torn on this movie, I wanna love it but I just can't. A lot of the characters fall JUST short with me. Krennic is the only character who I really felt was fully fleshed out. And I know I'm in the absolute probably less than 1% minority here but K-2SO didn't really do it for me. A lot of his jokes fell flat for me. (I don't know how spoilers really work, I mean the movie came out more than 6 months ago but I'm sure a few of you haven't seen it yet so I'll try to be vague here)

Despite all that I didn't hate him, and when something happens to all the characters at the end of he movie, I thought they did K-2SO's the "best".
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
вrσdч spαrks .
Empire
Empire

Hailing From : Brockton ✈ Seattle
Status : ís єvíl sσmєthíng чσu αrє? σr ís ít sσmєthíng чσu dσ?

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   June 28th 2017, 8:37 pm

I guess technically the last movie I watched was Paranormal Activity it was the latest one and it was okay I guess I would write that probably a 5 out of 10 but the last movie I really sat down and actually watch from start to finish was the Power Rangers movie and that I gave a 7 out of 10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiberius IV
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : Insert "I'm a hustling" type phrase, but yeah guess progressing through life now.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 1st 2017, 6:04 pm

10/10

My favourite movie this year, for now(yes even for Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy for me), badass main character that wasn't a boyscout but managed to very relatable and a likeable guy. Well maybe because I love always having earphones on, maybe a bad habit but I do it too. Funny scenes. Epic scenes. Intrigue. Twists. Action. Hot ass women off the charts. And yet touching and romantic. I love Kevin Spacey and Jamie Foxx, the Punisher and Don Draper were there too! Go see it when you can.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moongoose McQueen
Voltage
Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 6th 2017, 10:33 pm

Spider-man: Homecoming  10/10. Go watch that shit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Doe
Showdown
Showdown

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 6th 2017, 10:42 pm

@Moongoose McQueen wrote:
Spider-man: Homecoming  10/10. Go watch that shit.

I agree.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
J.D. Damon
Voltage
Voltage

Hailing From : Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 6th 2017, 11:47 pm

Just finished watching Get Out with the wife. I give it a 10/10. Kept me on the edge of my seat pretty much the entire time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 7th 2017, 2:12 am

Thunderbolt (a Jackie Chan movie) 10/10

This is my pick for my favourite Jackie Chan's movie or at least my second favourite just behind Rush Hour trilogy. Don't expected comedies from this movie, because it's a more drama-action-racing movie. Overall though, Jackie has great fight scenes and great car chase/racing scene in this movie. In short this movie is like the mix of Fast and Furious and Days of Thunder (H).

Going to watch Spiderman: Homecoming next week, lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kaise Boetius
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Utretcht, Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 7th 2017, 4:36 am

Forrest Gump (10/10)

If you haven't watched this movie to its entirety, then you do not deserve to continue watching movies until you do otherwise. There is a reason why this enjoyable film is one of the greatest movies of all time.

dat ass

All-round Achievements:
(from the Johnny Ventura, Rhaegar, and Kaise incarnations)

-2013 Grand Rampage Winner
-1x EAW Interwire Champion
-[reserved slot for future World Championship]

1. 3x Rising Star of the Week
2. 10x Beef of the Week
3. 12x Match of the Week
4. 15x Promoer of the Week
5. 5x Most Valuable Elitist
6. 1x Segment of the Week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Diamond
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 7th 2017, 8:17 am

Django Unchained - 10/10

It's my favorite Tarantino fim. *ducks*
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Macho Man Johnny Nova
Showdown
Showdown

Hailing From : Detroit, MI

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 7th 2017, 9:28 am

@Nobi wrote:

This is my pick for my favourite Jackie Chan's movie or at least my second favourite just behind Rush Hour trilogy. Don't expected comedies from this movie, because it's a more drama-action-racing movie. Overall though, Jackie has great fight scenes and great car chase/racing scene in this movie. In short this movie is like the mix of Fast and Furious and Days of Thunder (H).

Thunderbolt is my absolute favorite Jackie Chan movie, It is really hard to find online. I haven't seen it in years unfortunately.

Train to Bussan - 7/10

This movie was recommended to me on chat. I believe it is now on Netflix, it is a decent zombie flick that I enjoyed but I rate zombie flicks with a very high bench mark. Night of the Living dead for instance 10/10.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 7th 2017, 9:35 am

@Macho Man Johnny Nova wrote:
@Nobi wrote:

Thunderbolt is my absolute favorite Jackie Chan movie, It is really hard to find online. I haven't seen it in years unfortunately.

Train to Bussan - 7/10

This movie was recommended to me on chat. I believe it is now on Netflix, it is a decent zombie flick that I enjoyed but I rate zombie flicks with a very  high bench mark. Night of the Living dead for instance 10/10.

It's awesome to see someone from EAW likes Thunderbolt (H). I'll give you the links on your PM once I use my laptop (currently on a cellphone, lol)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
坂崎ハルナ
Empire
Empire

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 7th 2017, 9:56 am

Gantz: O - 8/10

I know the 2 live action movies of this are pretty shit and I believe that the way to recover from it are watching the 3D Movie and yes, I am not disappointed. this one is pretty good to say the least. But typical Gant movie is a complicated plot and the boss is pretty pain-in-the-butt for some reason. it's overall good movie. here's the trailer btw.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   July 10th 2017, 10:20 pm

Police Story 1 (1985). One of the best action films I've seen and along with Jackie Chan in his prime leading the way, it was a big come back for him after a shitty first run in Hollywood. The sequels are great but the first one will always be one of the best! Personally, this film is just behind the first Rush Hour and Wheels On Meals for best Chan movie

8.5/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rate the last movie you watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next