EAW | Season 10
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!

HomeEAW Main SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO EAW ::: EAW PAIN FOR PRIDE X IS COMING YOUR WAY! ::: MAIN SITE TO BE REDESIGNED SOON :::
CLICK ARROW TO HIDE SIDEBAR
Top posting users this week
JohnnyFNNova

TLA

CM Bank$

Y2Impact

Mr. DEDEDE

Lucas Johnson

Moongoose McQueen

April Song

Anthony Leonhart

Nasir Moore

Latest topics
» EAW Promoz!
by The Burned Man Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» Empire: Terminus Predictions Thread
by Finnegan Wakefield Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» EAW Feed
by Consuela Rose Ava Yesterday at 10:08 pm

» Main site is down temporarily (should be back)
by Finnegan Wakefield Yesterday at 9:36 pm

» Demon Appreciation Thread
by Brian Daniels Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» EAW Hall of Fame Inductees: Triple Crown Syndicate
by CM Bank$ Yesterday at 9:11 pm

Upcoming Events

Share | 

Rate the last movie you watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Brian Daniels
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 5:11 pm

@Brian Daniels wrote:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: 10/10, surpassed the original. It did everything better. And that's quite a tough movie to top. That's also considering that both of these movies are superior to Avengers. I'm really excited for the third and final volume of the trilogy. I hope they have an important role in Infinity Wars.

To further explain since I was at the work. Here's a better reasoning for the 10/10.

The Comedy: It was so much better in this one. Unless you're a stick in the mud and have a dry sense of humor, it was hilarious. The jokes all came at the right time. I know people are going to complain at the lack of Star-Lord's humor, but this was an emotional movie for him. He barely had enough room to crack jokes like the others.

The Story: I absolutely love how they twisted Peter's father story. I personally prefer the movie version compared to the comics. It explained how Peter had sustained so many ass kickings and survived. And the twist with his mother and father, those who have seen the movie will know, was brilliantly done. They actually separated the Guardians for a while to give them their own development. Rocket with Yondu was an amazing decision and was one of my favorite sub plots to the movie. I never thought that Rocket would be a type to open up. Then you have Drax who absolutely killed it. You can still tell he's confused, but he's starting to slowly understand metaphors. He was absolutely brilliant. I also love how Groot was a brilliant comedic relief during the entire movie. Both Guardians opening with a dance sequence and Groot nails it with his. The Nebula and Gamora mov E actually made me like Gamora a whole lot more. She was so whiny in the first, but her character redeemed herself. I also know people will complain about The Soveirgn and how they were useless. But they're wrong. They were used to set up a massive character known as Adam Warlock. Not to mention, Disney continues to allow more genuine cussing. That made me feel happy inside. Yondu's story altogether might be the MVP of this film. You can nitpick and act like a typical Rotten Tomatoe critic, but there's hardly any flaws with the movie. It leaves you wanting more and you're left to wonder "How will Earth respond to this? How will Guardians connect with The Avengers?" It was its own movie and I love how it wasn't treated as a filler to add the Guardians to the Infinity Wars.

The Action: THOSE FIGHT SCENES THOUGH. James Gunn is truly the Christopher Nolan for Marvel. Star-Lord absolutely blasting ??? (You know who) apart. Yondu just straight up dropping people left and right with his arrow. Rocket's sequence with The Ravengers was absolutely hilarious and well done. Nebula vs. Gamora was out of nowhere and was touching at the end. Drax vs. the squid. He took that mother fucker down on his own. (According to Drax)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 5:11 pm

Power Rangers. 7/10. A bit cheesy, but better than expected.

Cloud Matsuda's Wiki Profile! - UPDATED (signature credits go to Brody, Tarah, and Oni!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brian Daniels
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 5:13 pm

@Brian Daniels wrote:
@Keelan Cetinich wrote:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: 7/10.

Nowhere near as good as the first. Had some great action, effects were incredible but some of the jokes felt rather forced and I found myself sitting there during some parts wondering, "am I supposed to be laughing right now?". I also found myself getting a little bored during the middle of the movie, and the during/after credits scenes were meh. I almost gave this movie a 6/10 but the final 25-30 minutes were fucking awesome so bumped that shit up. 

Sorry Brian I love you and respect your opinion, but this was NOT a 10/10 movie to me.

I hate you and don't respect your opinion.

You also like The Miz, thus any opinion you have is irrelevant! :cena:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lars Udonta
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

Hailing From : Places

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 6:36 pm

@Keelan Cetinich wrote:

Nowhere near as good as the first. Had some great action, effects were incredible but some of the jokes felt rather forced and I found myself sitting there during some parts wondering, "am I supposed to be laughing right now?". I also found myself getting a little bored during the middle of the movie, and the during/after credits scenes were meh. I almost gave this movie a 6/10 but the final 25-30 minutes were fucking awesome so bumped that shit up. 

Sorry Brian I love you and respect your opinion, but this was NOT a 10/10 movie to me.
The jokes were the best part about the entire film, you dumbass koala.  :dave:

Also I agree with Brian, but probably like a 9/10 for me. I loved the action, as well as the story (especially with Peter/Ego), but I think the jokes were a little bit too excessive. But, it was still great.

Credit to Brody Sparks

Old Sigs:

Achievements etc.:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Target Smiles

Hailing From : Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 8:09 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 8/10

Great movie. Definitely enjoyed it. Didn't blow me away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Senn The Destroyer
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 11:17 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 10/10

(Credit to Brody Sparks for the graphic.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keelan Cetinich

Hailing From : Logan City, Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 14th 2017, 11:19 pm

@Brian Daniels wrote:
@Brian Daniels wrote:
@Keelan Cetinich wrote:

I hate you and don't respect your opinion.

You also like The Miz, thus any opinion you have is irrelevant! :cena:

:perfect:

THE MAJARAHA!!! #COMEUPOFTHECENTURY

Huge thanks to Lars Grier for the incredible sig!

Record: 13-8

Most Recent Match: defeated Terry Chambers (Fighting Spirit 3).

EAW Championships/Accolades: 
2x Rising Star of the Week
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lannister-Lord
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   May 15th 2017, 2:32 am

Guardians of the Galaxy 2:

8.5/10

I admittedly prefer the 1st one, but this one had a lot of great moments and quality. I honestly thought Starlord wasn't as impressive in this one, but the dynamic with you know who was definitely a great story. The support characters of the "Guardians" were the best part of the movie - specifically Rocket and Drax. There was SOME forced comedy, but that came upon the shoulders of Starlord and Nebula in my honest opinion. But it's a very, very enjoyable movie with not a whole lot of flaws. I'm not the type to pick apart each flaw, I just know I enjoyed the 1st one more... but that's a lot to live up to. I considered GOTG1 to be the best Marvel movie of all-time. This is top-5, and I can't wait to see what happens going forward.

[center]
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Rate the last movie you watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8