EAW | Season 10
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!

HomeEAW Main SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO EAW ::: EAW PAIN FOR PRIDE X IS COMING YOUR WAY! ::: MAIN SITE TO BE REDESIGNED SOON :::
CLICK ARROW TO HIDE SIDEBAR
Top posting users this week
JohnnyFNNova

TLA

CM Bank$

Y2Impact

Mr. DEDEDE

Lucas Johnson

Moongoose McQueen

Anthony Leonhart

坂崎ハルナ

Nasir Moore

Latest topics
» Should underaged girls be required to have parental consent to get an abortion?
by ThePizzaBoy Today at 2:39 pm

» Hunter x Hunter Manga Resumes June 26th
by Robbie V Today at 1:52 pm

» Statement game
by Okane Moeru Today at 1:14 pm

» EAW Promoz!
by RoViper Today at 1:13 pm

» Abelard Becker
by Lucas Johnson Today at 12:59 pm

» EAW Feed
by Aren Mstislav Today at 12:55 pm

Upcoming Events

Share | 

Rate the last movie you watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 25th 2016, 8:07 am

The Siege of Jadotville. 8/10

Such a unique piece of history to tell, solid acting, battle scenes were A1, Jamie Dornan's performance was fucking CLASS. All round good war film.

GLORY GLORY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okane Moeru

Hailing From : A nice mansion in Akihabara

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 25th 2016, 8:55 am

Final Destination 3: 7/10

If you're wondering why I'm scared of Roller Coasters and Tanning Beds, this movie is why.

あなたは値札を持っており、私はあなたを買うでしょう!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 26th 2016, 6:32 am

The Magnificent Seven (The new version ofc)

First off, let me say the main reason i watched this was cause of Chris Pratt and I would only watch the movie again... for Chris Pratt. I'm a huge Pratt fanboy if you couldn't tell lol. The movie was a bit boring. There were some fun parts but it was mostly boring. Don't get me wrong the actors did an amazing job but the movie itself was a bit boring to me. Vincent D'Onofrio is hands down one of the best actors alive right now. Other than Pratt, he's another reason I watched the movie until the end. I didn't watch the original film so I wasn't expecting some things that happened. I don't wanna spoil but I'm just gonna say I thought more people would survive. I don't have much else to say about it.. It was a good movie, yes, but it could have been better. To me The Magnificent Seven was like another Legend Of Tarzan.  Good but not as good as it could have been.

Verdict: 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Moore

Hailing From : Chicago, IL
Status : The saints, the saviors..they all end up the same way: bloody.

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 26th 2016, 11:05 am

The Jungle Book (2016)
6/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 26th 2016, 4:26 pm

Doraemon and The Animal Planet. 10/10

I'm a huge fan of Doraemon, that's why it would always get a perfect score, lol.

Thanks to Ryan Marx for the signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"Damaged" Zack Crash
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 26th 2016, 5:01 pm

Angry Birds 5/10

Wasn't really terrible but wasn't good either

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryder

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 26th 2016, 5:19 pm

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

8/10

Enjoyable. Vastly superior to Chamber of Secrets but not on par with the rest so far.

BEST POLYGAMY IN THE BUSINESS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keelan Cetinich

Hailing From : Logan City, Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 26th 2016, 5:21 pm

Rogue One: 8.5/10

Incredible way to answer the unanswered questions, and ties up the beginning of the original trilogy very well.

THE MAJARAHA!!! #COMEUPOFTHECENTURY

Huge thanks to Lars Grier for the incredible sig!

Record: 13-8

Most Recent Match: defeated Terry Chambers (Fighting Spirit 3).

EAW Championships/Accolades: 
2x Rising Star of the Week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   December 26th 2016, 5:35 pm

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

9/10 will post more soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   January 3rd 2017, 10:25 pm

[ltr]If you're wanting to see something mind blowing, psychologically thrilling, or full of risks, with a political message tackling 'big industry' or 'class divides', "Passengers" isn't for you despite what the trailers might hint toward. [/ltr]

Everything about this movie was mediocre. The plot was safe, the graphics were middling in quality, the scifi aspects of it is pretty hollow, and any threat in risk or reward simply wasn't there. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good, and it wasn't enjoyable. Despite what some might say about Pratt and Lawrence's chemistry, I thought they clicked well and their dialogue with one another was about the only saving grace of this post card of a movie. The movie looked OK most of the time, but something about some scenes made me wonder when the commercial break was coming for this Syfy original series.

[ltr] There's nothing more infuriating than mediocrity, except maybe being lied to in order to get your ass in a seat to watch the mediocrity. If you want a light date night red box experience that's essentially Titanic without the consequences, go for it. Otherwise, don't waste your time. 2/5 simply because I can't really fault it from any other standpoint other than it being milktoast[/ltr]
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Nobi

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   January 14th 2017, 7:07 am

Pulp Fiction 8.5/10

A timeless classic. Samuel L. Jackson's character is very iconic, probably my favourite movie character of all time (unless you count Spiderman...but I consider him more as a comic book character). John Travolta's character is awesome as well. Bruce Willis' character IMO isn't really that great, but Bruce Wilis is always Bruce Willis and he did great. Overall, I enjoy the story of the 3 main characters. Funny thing is, I didn't like it when I first watched it for the first time in 2010 as far as I remember. But hey, opinion can changes, lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   January 14th 2017, 7:48 am

It was sad and I cried

SAIL

"Least you can do is make her came" Tyler Parker, 2015
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   January 14th 2017, 8:54 am

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

My Rating: 7.5/10

Thank you for this Jakob DeLion 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   January 15th 2017, 9:48 am

Bad Ben
Spoiler Alert: it was bad.

I'm usually all for a good found footage film.  Even ones that I can't say are 'good' usually have some interesting idea to set themselves apart from their predecessors.  This doesn't apply to 'Bad Been', a movie with a $400 budget, one cast member (whose also the director and editor, might have a writing credit too), and little-to-no direction or follow through.  The movie starts with an unbearably long typed out warning about graphic violence (there is none by the way), and then proceeds to follow this guy around.  I forget his character's name, but considering the name Nigel Bach is plastered all over the credits we'll go with that.  Nigel bought the house and main setting of the film at a Sheriff's sale in order to flip it for some quick cash.  He never considers the source of this new house as being a bit dubious, and actually acts surprised when he learns that murder happened in his new abode.  Oh, by the way, even though he's flipping the house for a quick buck, he's also living there.  The house came fully furnished (because the director/actor/writer/editor clearly lives there in real life) including a lawnmower that doesn't start (we'll spend some time with that one, don't you worry your pretty little head), a basement that doesn't open, and a child sized grave in the back yard.  Oh there's also a shovel.  Apparently the child grave didn't tip off Nigel that something bad might've happened here, but a ubiquitous shovel in a gardening shed is apparently the true sign of foul play.

Plot wise the movie could have been interesting, but the plot isn't really heavily explored, and what few interesting aspects that were there are overshadowed by out of place occult alters in the attic and Party City/Spirit of Halloween store bought parlor tricks.  Our de facto protagonist is a massive dick for most of the film.  He talks to himself, pretends to talk on a phone to move plot points along, and obnoxiously films everything on his cell phone even though the film conveniently introduced 22 different security cameras (i.e. the director's cell phone put at different angles in different rooms in the house).  The movie takes a swing at every haunted house found footage trope and whiffs it every time.

I wouldn't mention, or had even seen this film if it weren't for it somehow miraculously put on Amazon Prime for free.  If you want to sit in with a bad movie you can talk over for a good hour and a half, you couldn't get much more schlocky than this home brewed horror.

1/10: It only gets the one because it turned out to be surprisingly watchable,but definitely not worthy of the three and a half stars, THREE AND A HALF STARS, it got on Amazon Prime.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Y2Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : The Upper Room
Status : PASSES ARE WAY MORE COOL WHEN YOU FORCE THEM THROUGH TRIPLE COVERAGE

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   January 15th 2017, 11:35 am

Idiocracy. 7/10. It was an amusing movie, interesting little plot. Not my favorite Mike Judge work but not bad.

Ares Vendetta wrote:
Sometime after that, Demon decides he wants to win the Grand Rampage Match after being virtually non-existent on the promos page despite having himself reign for a good deal as Hall of Fame Champion and having himself and Mexican Samurai go to the Semi-Finals of a Tag Team Tournament that he never intended to win and to only use as a means for his feud. So Demon actually tries promoing hard for once, and ends up losing to Impact, who not only put out better promos and just as many, but had actually given a shit about promoing prior to the event. Demon decides he’s had enough and retires, most likely believing he was cheated out of winning because Lucian Black lasted longer than him and Impact won in literally the least pre-determined Grand Rampage Match ever.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkane

Hailing From : New Orleans

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   January 15th 2017, 1:21 pm

Bad Santa 2. 8/10. Pretty funny.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
GC

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   February 6th 2017, 3:50 pm

I've watched a lot of fucking movies recently but I'll just rate La La Land cause the other ones sucked so much I'm not even gonna bother.

La La Land: There's only a handful of films that make me feel like La La Land did. The movie was an emotional rollercoaster.. holy shit. At first I was reluctant to see it because it was a musical and I hate musicals. But it kept getting great reviews, and all these nominations. Then the major film critic here advised me to watch it and so I did. I don't regret it man. It's not my type of movie but I fucking loved it. Mainly because of Emma Stone. Every aspect about the movie was good tho.

10/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobi

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   February 6th 2017, 4:16 pm

Doraemon: Nobita and the New Steel Troops ~Winged Angles~

I'm a big fan of Doraemon and I always enjoy the TV show and all the movies. If I had to pick my most favourite Doraemon movies though, this movie is my personal pick. The best Doraemon movie IMO, lol. 

10/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   February 6th 2017, 7:20 pm

Split.

Shyamalan is two for two when it comes to me liking his more recent film endeavors.  I liked the Visit from last year, and Split is another surprising return to good film making by M. Night.  Like in The Visit, there really isn't a twist (save one barely related ending that would be more at home as an after credits sequel bait scene) but even without the mindbogglingly awesome out of left field finish, the main story stands well enough alone as a complete narrative.  Critics are raving about James McAvoy's performance, and rightfully so, but the entire cast was solid and the main protagonists' journey makes sense within a core narrative that branches off in quite a few directions.  Everything leads to the same suspenseful and uncomfortable place.  It's also shot very well and the setting does plenty to feed into the idea of trapped claustrophobia. With all of that being said, I wouldn't say much about this movie is groundbreaking in horror.  It's good, and it's not grounds tread often in a modern PC era where exploiting or antagonizing certain hot button issues for the sake of storytelling is shunned. I give it a solid 3 out of 5 stars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
坂崎ハルナ

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   March 26th 2017, 11:26 am

Power Rangers. *sigh*/10

Disappointing, the plot is messed up.... that movie is like 60% drama, 20% action and 20% advertisement from whatever that is. Please don't try it too hard, Lionsgate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gambit

Hailing From : Midland, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   March 26th 2017, 11:28 am

John Wayne in The Searchers. Two thumbs up.

Quote that, b*tch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePizzaBoy
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   March 26th 2017, 12:37 pm

The Belko Experiment.  It was an interesting concept with a lot of campy gore potential that didn't live up to it's potential.  First of all, it was written by the bastard son of Troma Films, James Gunn, writer of Tromeo and Juliet and Terror Firmer, along with more conventionally hilarious and less taboo films like the remakes of Thir13en Ghosts and Dawn of the Dead, along with 80's creature feature send up Slither, comic book film spoof Super,  and more commercial successes like the live action Scooby-Doo movies and Guardians of the Galaxy.  I laundry list these writing credits to make the point that the guy is rife with comedy, gore, and comedic gore experience.  The fact that people aren't killing one another with fax machines, slitting throats with TPS reports, or shooting staples at one another or some form of hilarious white collar homicide is a criminal missed opportunity.  The only thing this film really promises on the surface is gore in the workplace and a thoughtful sociological experiment.  What it gives you his half-baked conspiracy, mariachi pop from yesteryear, and shameless sequel bait for a followup that will probably never come.  It could've been serious but it wasn't.  It could've had comedy, but it really doesn't.  It could've been disturbing and compelling like a car crash, but it isn't.  Instead, all it devolves into is a bunch of faceless people getting killed off by undeveloped antagonists and protagonists.  I can't even call it bad,because it was an easy sit at an hour and a half, but it is disappointing.  ** for having half decent gore effects and at least one funny character and little else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   March 26th 2017, 12:44 pm

Logan - 10/10 The perfect X-Men movie. 

Power Rangers - 7/10. The movie had some missteps, but it seemed to find its footing towards the end. A lot is left up to interpretation which I like.

Cloud Matsuda's Wiki Profile! - UPDATED (signature credits go to Brody, Tarah, and Oni!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Killian Charlamagne

Hailing From : Camelot, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   March 26th 2017, 12:46 pm

@Stephanie Matsuda wrote:
Logan - 10/10 The perfect X-Men movie. 

Power Rangers - 7/10. The movie had some missteps, but it seemed to find its footing towards the end. A lot is left up to interpretation which I like.
If Logan doesn't give Hugh Jackman an Oscar nomination I will honestly be surprised.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amelie Larrieux

Hailing From : Bordeaux, France
Status : "I am in a dress, I have gel in my hair, I haven't slept all night, I'm starved, and I'm armed! Don't mess with me!"

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last movie you watched   March 27th 2017, 1:14 am

Godfather III

I had never seen it before and caught it somewhere in the middle and so it was a bit hard to follow because of that but it was pretty damn good.

8/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rate the last movie you watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next